Diary advice? :)

Options
Hey everybody!

I know you all must see these posts all the time, but I was hoping you could please take a moment to check out my diary ONLY for todays intake. I am completely revamping my food choices as well as exercise...going towards a more low carb and higher fat/protein then I was doing before. My goal is to stay under 100 carbs a day, but Im not trying to go into ketosis necessarily or anything.

Does this seem like a healthy diet plan to make as a daily bases goal?

I am 5'5 and about 140 right now...trying to get to about 120-125..lean and fit. :)

Im 26 years old too...not sure if that matters or not!

Please again disregard the previous food posts from days before; I have been very inconsistent with my diary, and would love to know what you think about todays intake only.

Thankyou!!

Rachel

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Looks very sad. I'm sure you could be eating a lot more (especially if you're exercising), and the low carb thing is nonsense and won't impact anything.

If you're planning on eating this over and over again (you said "diet plan"), I will just wish you the best of luck and hope you realize very soon that those kind of "diets" are unnecessary.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other response that especially if you are exercising you could be eating more. Carbs, like everything else, should be included as a part of a balanced diet. We have pretty similar stats: I started at about 150 and now I am 122 lbs. and 5'4.

It is not a lot of information to go on, but I would suggest this: Try mixing it up. You'll get bored really fast of eating the same things all the time. Fruit, veggies, lean protein and healthy fats are good additions. Greek yogurt and oatmeal are also favorites of mine.
  • evilpierce
    evilpierce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If your goal is lean and fit, you may want to boost your protein up to at least a gram per lb of your current body weight. It will help preserve your muscle while eating at a deficit. You want to lose the fat, not any of that precious muscle you are working hard to tone and build.
  • denitahawkins
    denitahawkins Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm by no means an expert, but all I can suggest is that if you want this "healthy living" to be long-term, you need to be excited & get creative about your food choices. After all, 80 - 90% of getting to be lean & fit starts in the kitchen. You may or may not have the cooking gene, but think outside of the box! This is 'Merica! Land of the free and land of as many varieties and choices in foods that you're mind can think of! Have a variety of choices/flavors/textures that make you excited about eating healthy. And also, if you're also exercising, I do suggest you eat a little more as well. From my time on MFP, I've learned that the less weight you have to lose, the slower your weight loss should be for SUSTAINABLE, LONG-TERM weight loss/fitness. Don't be too strict with yourself and learn to enjoy the process! You're going to do great! :flowerforyou:
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    your carb protein and fat levels look great but you definitely need to eat more. I know it sounds crazy but most people arent able to lose the last 10-15lbs until they up their calories. This worked for me tremendously. I would recommend going up to 1400 cals for now. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me.
  • VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary for low carb ideas. I eat keto (very low carb, moderate protein, high fat) so if anything it might help you with some ideas of other foods to add in! :)
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You've got some seriously good advice to think about already, these people know what's goin' on. My 2 cents is balance and variety. Balance so you get everything your body needs, including some carbs and variety so you don't get bored. Also the 1200 calorie allottment is such a generic number. It gave me the same when I was 118 trying to get to 110. I'm 4'11". Wish you the best and I hope you find your groove for long term sustainability! (on a side note with TMI, I'd literally die of constipation if I only got 10-15 grams of fiber a day)
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    thanks so so much everybody!!
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Read this article on 100 calorie snack packs. I used to buy them too :/

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=938&page=2
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have to say I never thought I would get such amazing solid great advice and so fast,

I cant thank you guys enough, you rock :)
  • ALekaeHay
    ALekaeHay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a healthy, sustainable way to change your eating I suggest to try "clean" eating. I've been doing Whole30 to jumpstart this and to prepare myself better in terms of "clean" (Paleo, primal, whole, whatever buzz word you wanna go with...) recipes I like. I've seen amazing results in only 11 days. I haven't had headaches (except for the first two or three days - I'm guessing from the lack of sugar), have slept like a rock, and have really felt more balanced. I've not had a desire to "graze" all day (which is typical for me during summer) and have tried new veggies/recipes that I never would've before.

I did the "low carb" route for awhile and although it worked decently as far as weight loss it didn't feel like something I could continue with. I'm planning on continuing to eat clean after the 30 days with the additiion of a non-clean treat once or twice a week, as well as adding back in some dairy and legumes. (I miss cheese and peanut butter!!)

Feel free to check out my diary for examples of what I've been eating; I'm not saying it's going to be the best example but it's all Whole30 approved and has been delicious!

Good luck on your journey!