Pizza Night

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
I used to LOVE Saturday nights for pizza night. My dad makes FANTASTIC homemade pizza that is to die for !! Usually I'll fit it into my day, or go slightly over to have 2 slices with my family. However, right now, I'm doing a 30 day stint with the shred, am on Day 9 and I want to see the results from this particular program by eating exactly on calories everyday & doing each day of the shred for 30 days. I've been blogging about it for the past 9 days and want to be able to show "real results" to anyone who is curious. SO, tonight is pizza night. I tried to fit the pizza into my calories, and it fit ... however, i would have to eat light for the rest of the day, and I just can't do it. I'll just be too hungry during the day, and I hate fighting that kind of hunger. So, today, I decided to stick with my program. I'm bringing a Dempsters Bodywise Thinful hamburger bun & am going to make my own "mini" pizzas with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella, mushrooms & parmeason & romano pasta sauce. It's not quite the same, and I'm hoping I don't insult anyone (i'm sure i won't they all understand) but i'm hoping I made a great choice and that it tastes ALMOST as good as my dads :)

Anyone else ever do this? Go to a friends or your parents house and bring your own modified version of the dinner? lol I feel kind of lame.

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    When you fit it in was it 1 or 2 pieces?

Maybe if you drink a big glass of water before you go there and have a big salad while you are there you can have one piece. The other advantage you have is it is only 30 days. You need to fit these nights into your new lifestyle, but you wouldn't fight not having the pizza if it was a medical reason, like surgery or something. So look at these 30 days as short term reason and work on fitting the calories in next month.

good luck..

Pizza is my trigger food. Once I start I find it very hard to stop, so it's not even worth having sometimes.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    When you fit it in was it 1 or 2 pieces?

Maybe if you drink a big glass of water before you go there and have a big salad while you are there you can have one piece. The other advantage you have is it is only 30 days. You need to fit these nights into your new lifestyle, but you wouldn't fight not having the pizza if it was a medical reason, like surgery or something. So look at these 30 days as short term reason and work on fitting the calories in next month.

good luck..

Pizza is my trigger food. Once I start I find it very hard to stop, so it's not even worth having sometimes.

I agree. I definietly hvae nights where I go on a date with my husband and I indulge in things. I treat my change as a lifestyle change for sure. I still eat all the foods I want, just in moderation. However, pizza is hard to fit in anywhere it seems. Not only calorie wise, but FAT content. Pizza is definitely a trigger food for me too, I could eat a lot. hahaha sometimes it's safer to have a healthier alternative. But yes, after this 30 days, I will let myself have pizza on Saturdays again!! It's just right now, I'm wanting to see results from this program, otherwise, that pizza would be mine :))
  • Summerloving
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I think that's a great idea. Your dad should understand if you take your own. Would you take wine to a dinner party? What's the difference? I had one slice of the pizza the other night and the rest was all low fat, low carb food and, although it was tough, I was really proud of myself for not giving in.
  • susanmartin45
    susanmartin45 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to eat four slices on pizza night, now I have a huge salad and one or two slices. It is very satisfying. I understand and if they are supportive they will understand.
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i do not bring the food but i look in their fridge for other alternative. do you snack in between your meals. If you have some healthy snacks in between meals then you can go lite during your meals and actually be satisfied not hungry. i started to do the abs diet and it says to eat 6 meals a day but you automatically eat less but more and i dont go hungry. maybe incorporating snack would be of some use to you.
  • Hannaca1992
    Options
    Definately! I love pizza. And tonight, I'm going to Pizza Hut, for a meal planned waaaaaay in advanced. I went a little over, but to compensate, I just excercised more! I usually share a plain pizza with my boyfriend, so it's not so bad (: xx
  • bcgirlinns
    bcgirlinns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    my sister in law does it all the time. That way she's not forced to make unhealthy food choices. I think its great because you're still joining your family for a meal
  • Summerloving
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I think that's a great idea. Your dad should understand if you take your own. Would you take wine to a dinner party? What's the difference? I had one slice of the pizza the other night and the rest was all low fat, low carb food and, although it was tough, I was really proud of myself for not giving in.

5'6"
    SW 159 lbs
    CW 156 lbs
    GW 148 lbs
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think that's an awesome idea! And good job to you for sticking with it! I understand the temptation ( I LOVE pizza) and this way you're stilling having pizza, just a healthier version. I will follow in your steps and take food with me the next time we are going somewhere I might be tempted. And who knows, once someone see's you doing it, maybe they will follow in your lead. Keep up the good work!
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Pizza night here too and I went with a lighter pizza for this week, Freshetta four cheese instead of the Digiorno garlic bread pizza. I think taking your own is a smart idea. Too bad you can't just work out some extra to make up for the pizza, but you probably already have a workout figured in?
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    you could also scrape the toppings off of one piece and eat it atop of a nice salad :)
    but i think your mini idea is perfect, i also do cauli crust pizzas and they are yum,... i have a post on here about it somewhere with pics :)....

oh found it http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130577-you-asked-for-it-cauli-crust-pizza-pics
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    I do it all the time and it's not lame at all! I also weigh and measure all my stuff and after seeing my results they are all so supportive! I'm doing the 30 DS as well so sometimes I'll throw in another 20-30 mins of cardio so I can afford the little extras :bigsmile: Good luck and keep up the great commitment!