Help with eating out!!!

Options
Ems500c
Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
This will be my first dinner out since cutting my calories! My family all decided on going to Cracker Barrel. Any suggestions what I could eat and stay within my goal of calories per meal? I want maybe like 300-400 range max?? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks everyone in advance!!

Replies

• showmemary
    showmemary Posts: 14
    Options
    Why not go to the site and read the nutritional info? Then select what fits for you. I eat out every day, and if I don't check in advance at the restaurant site, it's hard not to eat the right thing - sometimes the choices aren't so obvious, so it's good to have it in numbers. Good luck!
  • shellgirl144
    Options
    When I know I'm going out to eat I like to look at the menu first if there's one posted on-line. Then I do a search for the calories of that particular meal and make a decision that way.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    This will be my first dinner out since cutting my calories! My family all decided on going to Cracker Barrel. Any suggestions what I could eat and stay within my goal of calories per meal? I want maybe like 300-400 range max?? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks everyone in advance!!
    They have a good low cal breakfast with turkey bacon, the blackened catfish with a side of greens should be about 400
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    look at the online menu the wholesome fixin's menu is the one to go for, but the calorie goal you have is too low for even that. cut at a couple of other meals during the day or do some additional cardio and go enjoy, a meal out with the family shouldn't be stressful
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I love the grilled chicken tenderloins. Then I get broccoli and a plain baked sweet potato. The chicken and fresh vegetable salad is yummy too.
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello EMS

Being a calorie consumer sure is a wrecking ball to life force ..Restaurants do all they can to create ambiance and hopefully a pleasurable dining experience, Im offering these suggestions so calorie counting does not impede such an experience..

First off try avoid using the restaurant as your food energy crutch you are going there for the people and the camaraderie more than nutrition, health and meal satisfaction..As great food energy devoid of counter fit foods aint going to happen there.or any restuarant that specializes in over seasoned dollar cost averaging fried foods.

If I were you, I would an hour or two, before heading out, munch on a medium sized portion of mixed greens w/ walnuts or almonds and a hard boiled egg or half of a tortilla wrap stuffed w/legumes and protein....so as to stave off in advance your primal instinct to forage and be tempted like EVE in the garden of Eden.

It doesnt have to be a gorge just small and gorgeous..

Now before you leave bring along almonds or sugar free bubble or chewing gum or natural mints.. as a defensive measure just in case you begin to feel like Dracula in a room full of patience receiving blood transfusions.

Theres a scene from the TWILIGHT Movie series where you easily recognize.. how urges can be very hard to self contain..Oh and Homer Simpson ...he got his grub on too...FOOOD!

You want to avoid being that vulnerable.. But if you are..Than the rest of this should help..

I dont focus on calories..because Calories was cretaed by our government and the then growing food manufacturers way back during the depression as a propaganda tool. Wide spread poverty and food lines were the norm.. poor people were complaining about the slop as people being fed for free and in despair will do, were growing suspicious about the nature and content of what was being served..

Low and Behold your recommended daily allowance of calories to maintain a healthy diet.. Know one back then forsaw that 25 years later the fitness craze would be all the rage..The weak science and propaganda stayed in tack and the calorie was branded into our consciousness..

That branding has lead to our now problematic issue with obesity.. which is calories being intertwined with what your body really needs..FOOD ENERGY..You cannot use a counting system on hormones.. we dont have uniformed tools for measuring when hormones are in free fall..But one things for sure..

You are headed to Cracker barrel..and if your double digit sugar levels reach threshold.. all the calorie counting in the world aint going to stop unwanted body fat from weaponizing..So when you get to the restaurant hunt down your protein item first and undress what ever it is as best you can..

Dont ask for plain.. but perhaps grilled, sauteed or broiled.. uing cooking spray instead.. Your entire intent is to help your body release lipolytic enzymes..the more of them you can release the more your body fat will stand down..

Next, build your fiberous portion off the menu..Check the sides first..Your task is to play chef by having the cook be your sous chef... this may take practice but all you are doing is focusing on is how your fiberus carbs are being cooked.. and is it fresh..

Fiberous carbs fill you with out loosing to much flavor..Flavor is actually needed to help hormones do the right thing..with metabolism..

Now add your starchy carbs.. red skin potatoes and even some fried foods are fair game.. but notice you created a force field in order to indulge..

I drafted this way so you can see this your process any time you eat out.. this template strategy to make sure you can go out with out feeling your a vampire in a room full of hot blooded bodies summoning you to feed.

yes you will get a lot of replies that say eat salads first..drink water prefil your belly..use a smaller plate...all this can works but will make you neurotic about food..

To be normal with food is to be smart and deconstruct what you can not fully control. I have plenty of life force deconstructing self test tools to use for those wanting best without using calorie counting to best deal with unwanted body fat.

reBuild your bodies lipolytic enzyme population through fitness and real world food energy planning and you are golden..

Your Night mare on unwanted body fat lane will be no more..

I help achievers and over achievers forge their body as a calling card to back it up.

Friend Me..and get off the calorie counting fat farm
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    well i can tell you last time i went out to eat i didnt mind the high calories but i was not thrilled about having to do treadmill for 30 minutes to burn off the little cup of ketchup i used on my 500 calorie frenchfries.
    cut calories around the edges think once think twice dont use ketchup.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Oh joy. Dances with has enlightened us again with references to the Garden of Eden, Twilight, and Dracula to a simple question about the Cracker Barrel. :huh:

OP:
    As others have said, check out the nutritional menu and decide from there what will fit in your day.
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I usually get the grilled tenderloins or meatloaf and for my sides either green beans, side salad, broccoli, seasonal veggies, cucumber/tomato/onion salad or fresh fruit (which also doubles as dessert)
  • Tampadad1
    Tampadad1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Proteins like grilled chicken or steak with a salad and simple veggies should be ok. I think they have a lo cal area on the menu. Just watch the croutons, salad dressing and carb veggies...
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Oh joy. Dances with has enlightened us again with references to the Garden of Eden, Twilight, and Dracula to a simple question about the Cracker Barrel. :huh:

OP:
    As others have said, check out the nutritional menu and decide from there what will fit in your day.

QFT. You beat me to it.
  • ketoambahh
    ketoambahh Posts: 67
    Options
    I get a burger without the bun and stick with steamed veggies or the side salad without croutons. Some buns have a ton of sodium and you can save half the calories that way. Restaurants don't mind simple substitutions like that. I do it all the time and it saves a lot of stress and hassle in the long run.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    just draw the alphabet with you tongue
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL soooo much for taking the time to reply and all of this information!!! I knew the menu was online but didn't know they put the actual calorie count.. You learn something new every day!!