Any 5ft 2 weight loss pics?

Options
invisiblelo
invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
I am 5ft 2in and need some motivation! I am at 173lbs at the moment (lost 19lb) anyone near these stats?

Replies

• missbutton82
    missbutton82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm a success in progress :) I am 5'1 and started at 189.6 and I am currently at 178.8. Wouldn't mind an extra motivational MFP friend!
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Check out my album! I am 5"1 and I have lost 84lbs total, but 70lbs since January :)
    My heaviest weight was 220lbs, in January after the birth of my daughter, I was at 208lbs. Today I am at 137 and 2lbs away from my goal!!
    (I would post on here.. but I am not good at it lol can't quite figure it out yet ):laugh:
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5' 3, but still under so technically can classify as 5'2... I started at 155 last September and now hover around 110.

Here is my crappy [because I avoided cameras when I was heavier] before/after pic:

PJJ_Sep13_May14_v2web_zps11a7c4db.jpg

And, here is my story about what I did and the intended, as well as unintended, consequences of my journey:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1313459-success-beyond-the-scale-my-journey-to-health-wellbeing

Hopefully there is something motivational for you here. Best wishes on your path to success...
  • invisiblelo
    Options
    wow fantastic achievements! I know we are all different but how many calories did you stick to and how long did it take you??
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    Im 5'2, 32 years old. lost about 30 pounds since last year, hover between 117-120ish now. feel free to friend me. love support and offering it!

if I wasnt such a dweeb with html coding Id post pics! :)
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0", hoping to see some good pics. At my heaviest (not counting pregnancy, obviously!) I was 158, I'm down to 143 now. I still have so far to go though, I need to be between 110-115 for my height, but I'd be happy with 125. *sigh*
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    wow fantastic achievements! I know we are all different but how many calories did you stick to and how long did it take you??

I'm not sure if this was asking me also, but if it was, I eat 1200 calories. :smile: I'm also doing the eating plan from "21 day fix" and have been doing it since march. It's great, I love it!
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    5'1. I started at 205 last November and hit 50 lbs lost on my 7 month MFP anniversary. Initial goal is 130 (75 lbs lost) by my 1 year anniversary. I haven't weighed that little in so long I don't even know what it looks like. From there, I will reassess and see if I need to lose more. I'm currently thinking 115 or 120 as a final goal.

14441056109_c20c6d7600_z.jpg[/url]
  • invisiblelo
    Options
    wow that is amazing, such inspiration for me! Brittany - did you exercise at all or just stick to 1200 cals?
  • Censor76
    Censor76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! I love this. I'm 5'2" as well and trying to figure out a healthy realistic weight for myself. Technically I need to lose about 20 lbs more but it's a struggle. I work out like crazy but also eat way too much combined with a sleep eating disorder...total self sabotaging. I'm trying. Love hearing all your stories and seeing pics.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1'' and started at 173 lbs. I now weigh 151, 4 months later. My goal is 135. :) feel free to add me!
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi there and congrats to all the other shorties on their journey and good luck to all the others starting out!

I'm 5'2" and I was 220 lbs with a body fat percentage of 43% when I started losing weight a little over three years ago. Since I've been athletic (yet overweight) since I was very young, exercising is how I expected to lose the weight. I've exercised since day one and, by taking baby steps, slowly changed my diet to how I eat now. I eat mostly non-processed, whole foods. I'm currently 142 lbs with a body fat percentage of 23.5%.

dfdea8f306176a99d89628a9bfbf332b2ee5.jpg

ETA: I eat a considerable amount of food for my size, but I also do pretty intense workouts 5 - 6 days a week. I did originally eat at a lower caloric deficit (only did 1200 very briefly, though) and exclusively did cardio in the beginning. This led to a loss of muscle mass, leaving behind stores of fat and ultimately making my body look flabby; which I have been working to correct since last year. It will be very helpful to eat a little more and lift heavy weights or maybe even do some body weight type exercises, in combination with a cardio routine. I wish I would have do that from the beginning.

You can visit my profile to see my entire weight loss story.
  • invisiblelo
    Options
    Hi marissapalm I just added you! how did you lose the weight? I would LOVE to get down to 135 (I am so determined!)
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    wow that is amazing, such inspiration for me! Brittany - did you exercise at all or just stick to 1200 cals?

because I had my daughter January 27th and I started my healthy lifestyle the day after, I stuck to only my calories at first. But I have also been careful of what I am eating also, trying to improve the quality of my food, lean meats, veggies, fruits, whole grains, almond milk and nonfat plain greek yogurts, mostly only things I can prepare myself and I cut out added salt. :smile: makes a huge difference!
    after I got an okay from the doctor 1 month later, I started doing a little zumba 3X per week, just to get me going and enjoying the workouts. I bounced around different programs (p90x3 and t25) because I got impatient and wanted to try them both lol didn't finish the full program though, currently I have started back up p90x3 :smile: It's a great program and I am loving it. I have never been consistent on my workouts though, I am trying to change that, I'm far from perfect but it seems that because I have stuck with my healthy eating, i am still getting great results.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi marissapalm I just added you! how did you lose the weight? I would LOVE to get down to 135 (I am so determined!)

I started exercising 5x a week for 30-60 minutes a day. I use www.fitnessblender.com beginners videos. I also eat at a 1200 calorie deficit, eating back exercise calories only when hungry. It has worked great for me so far.

thanks for adding me :) let's try to get down to 135 together!!!
  • Censor76
    Censor76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I started exercising 5x a week for 30-60 minutes a day. I use www.fitnessblender.com beginners videos. I also eat at a 1200 calorie deficit, eating back exercise calories only when hungry. It has worked great for me so far.

thanks for adding me :) let's try to get down to 135 together!!!

I may have read this wrong but how many calories a day are you eating if you are eating at a 1200 calorie deficit?
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'0, so I guess I'm close enough?

tumblr_n8l4v0169q1qadt2xo1_500.jpg
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    5'2" Here for motivation and pictures. :D I am a work in progress, I still have a lot to go.
  • kabochakitty
    kabochakitty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ashlee, those are some amazing arms! Your hard work has definitely paid off. Good for you!
  • leslieduty
    Options
    Havnt been on here in forever! Im about 5'5 no pics up yet on the start of my journey, dont know how to add froends but am in need of some to help with motivation if possible? !? Add me if youd like 2 help out. Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!