Red Bull for Energy?!?!?!

Options
Okay so listen. I am here to lose weight and maybe gain some pals on the way. But sometimes i find it hard to go to the gym after a long stressful day at work. All i want to do is go to my bed and sleep. Someone suggested that i take a pre-workout supplement to help get the energy that i need, but i passed on that offer. But I was wondering if Red Bull will offer the same pick me up? I don't mind crashing after the effects wear off because all i am going to do is go to sleep after i finish my workout (of course i will take a shower after my workout) and by the way the people that don't take a shower after they workout is just NASTY!!! Can anyone recommend something natural for a pick me up.
Thanks!
~Chika

Replies

• Tilim
    Tilim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Espresso
  • youngevitylib
    Options
    'Youngevity' have a natural energy drink callen 'Pollen Burst' It's awesome. 100% Stay away from RedBull. Look into Youngevity & Let me know if your interested.
    You can look at all their products at libby.sutton.buyygy.com
    Also loads of info online, have a look on YouTube.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple on the way to the gym...also B vitamins
  • RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Negative
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You could drink Red Bull, you could eaven drink coffee - I've heard from several people who do that to give them a little extra energy for their workouts. But if you want to go a more natural way... 1) make sure you're drinking plenty of water during the day - dehydration can be a real energy zapper. 2) go for a natural boost with a good combo of protein and carbs. I like having a banana and some greek yogurt in the afternoon to get me through to dinner time.
  • 1Highlander
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the Red Bull style of energy drinks because of the high sugar content (roughly the same as a soda). I find the 0 sugar, 0 calorie energy shots to be better. They are all basically just niacin, taurine caffeine, B6 and B12. Good for a boost and not much of a crash. Still may mess with your sleep though if you take it late.
  • SRDB00
    SRDB00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No advice other than I work out in the morning because I don't have extra energy to take myself t the gym after work. My commute is brutal. So I get the workout done early AM, walk on my breaks and lunch time and by 2:30pm I'm done... May you should consider mornings???
  • Tyggr56
    Tyggr56 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I take Green Coffee extract since it's so easy to take anytime + Raspberry Ketones for a boost that feels like a coffee but has good effects.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i enjoy energy drinks (having a rockstar pure zero as i type this).

have you looked into pre work outs at all?

there are many stimulant-based ones that will def put some pep in your step.

you did say natural, however, so my post may be totally moot.

ETA: i just saw that a friend of yours mentioned pre wor outs. i would put a PWO > redbull. many of them have ingredients that can help with recovery too, so they actually may be more useful to you than just the zing of a redbull.
    ive taken N.O xplode, superpump3.0, and jack3d (old formula) and enjoyed all of them (not at the same time of course lol).
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider Red Bull, for me personally it gets me jittery and a headache after consuming. Maybe a small snack 45-60min before working out? I eat a handful of almonds and 1/2 an apple before working out and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input!
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Redbull can be pretty pricey. If you compare the ingredients with other store brands, you can usually save over half of what redbull costs.