Is this 30 consecutive days? Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shread

Options
I was woundering is this workout 30 consecutive days? if so i thought or bodies need time to rest.

Replies

• MomsDaily140
    Options
    IDK but I may have to check it out, because it seems to be really popular on here.... :) It's under 9 bucks on Amazon.
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    Yup, it is.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is 30 days in a row.. No rest days. Rest days for high impact , high intensity workouts. 30 Day Shred is neither of those. You body will be fine with no rest days.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    It probably is supposed to be, but I took weekends off and did it M-F and while I didn't lose a ton of weight I lost a lot of inches.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    You should not do strength training on one muscle group every single day. You have to take a rest day for your muscles to repair. When you work your muscles, you get microscopic tears, and if you do not give them time to heal, you are only breaking down your muscles, and not making them stronger. I was told this by a friend who is a certified Sports Nutritionist and Personal Trainer. She gets pretty peeved that Jillian Michaels makes it sound ok to overwork muscles. So there ya go :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    That is the recommendation, 30 days straight. I'm just getting ready for Day 15 (a/k/a Day 5 Level 2) this morning. Sure, I've been a little sore, but it's a 20-ish minute workout each day, so my body hasn't really needed to take an entire day off from working out with the Shred. Ultimately, it's really up to you as far as how many days of the week you feel like your body can handle the Shred. Best wishes! And, if you'd like further support or mutual encouragement, feel free to stop on by this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/149134-shreddin-eleven-week-two

Have a great weekend! :)
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I do it every other day. But, I try to hit the treadmill or something on the off days from the shred. But, that's just me.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for the straight 30. I'm currently on level 1 day 9 and will be moving on within the next 2 days to level 2. It's not a real strenuous workout, so I find it okay to do it every day.
  • spayne_4
    spayne_4 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i tried to do it everyday but sundays. I was also doing Zumba and walking as well. So I would make sure if I felt tired and sore that I rested 2-3 times a week. I agree with a comment above. I lost more inches than weight and it was noticable about 3-4 days after I started. You are supposed to do it everyday but more importantly listen to YOUR body!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    You should not do strength training on one muscle group every single day. You have to take a rest day for your muscles to repair. When you work your muscles, you get microscopic tears, and if you do not give them time to heal, you are only breaking down your muscles, and not making them stronger. I was told this by a friend who is a certified Sports Nutritionist and Personal Trainer. She gets pretty peeved that Jillian Michaels makes it sound ok to overwork muscles. So there ya go :)

Agreed. I did the Shred and took rest days. It's important to listen to your body.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    This DVD is toning using light handweights, not lifting heavy weights to the point of momentary muscle failure! Your body will be fine doing it every day. Especially if that's the only exercise you do. But if you really need a rest day, that's ok too. Listen to your body. I do a lot of other treadmill & gym work, but I was able to do the first 10 workouts with only 2 rest days.

PS - WalMart also has it for $9 and you won't have to wait for it in the mail from Amazon. :-)