These first three days have been hell....

Options
Okay so I decided I would like to try to lose weight for the last time since I gained a lot of the weight I lost back. And these days have been hell. I am deterimimd to lose this weight and can you guys give me so support and encouragement and motivation.

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I'd be hangry too if I were only eating 500 calories a day.

Eat more.
  • Lythy89
    Lythy89 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Eat more food my friend!

The super low calorie diet just leads to yo-yo dieting! Eat your cal limit, exercise a bit and stick with it!

You can do it.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight (going by the comment above.)

If you want to lose weight, read this.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Eat that jar of nutella.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Of course they have - you are not anywhere near your goal (which is far too low as well - 1000 cals a day is not enough food), and eat way, way too little. You will not reach your goals by trying to drastically slash cals like this - you will be miserable, as you already are, and end up crashing and burning. Super low cals is not sustainable.

If you really want to lose the weight for the last time as you stated, then do it right. Eat the PROPER number of cals for your stats and activity level. This is the sustainable way to lose the weight and keep it off. Temporary diets are going to give you temporary results.

You've got the tools at your finger tips - use MFP properly, set up with realistic goals and accurate info, then eat your cals, drink water, exercise, take rest days, and get good sleep. These are things you can stick with for life.
  • pythonsweb
    pythonsweb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    you REALLY need to eat more than an apple, rice cake, cookie and slice of bread, you are going to do more harm than good, get up to at least 1200-1400 range you are going to pass out, eat healthier and get more physical but you really need to eat alot more!
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Your body cannot survive on banana bread and cookies. You need to eat more nutritious food, and 500 calories is WAAAY too low.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Eat more.

This
  • tchoo3
    tchoo3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would really love to give your motivation/encouragement but It's a little difficult to. I don't know how much you weigh or how tall you are but eating 500 calories isn't sufficient for anyone :/ I used to eat about 800 a day with 2-3 hours spent in the gym so I get where you are coming from. However, dropping your calories to 500 again isn't going to help you, especially if you have done this before. Your body is probably already in starvation mode and is trying to hold on to as much fat as possible in order to survive.

This may sound silly to you but eat more. And I don't mean eat more banana bread but more along the lines of vegetables, chicken, lean protein, etc. I have been increasing my calories each week and trying to increase my metabolism and I haven't gained.

Please don't be afraid of the scale and look at this process as a time to change how you eat for the rest of your life. You can still have your banana bread but also add it other food groups!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    1000 cal a day goal and eating a really poor diet are why you are having a hard time.

Please read the stickies in the Getting Started forum and think again.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Eat more.

200.gif
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You want to get your eating disorder under control but you are looking to lose weight and are a member of myproanna??? 0_o
    From the way you have described yourself this does not seem healthy. Have your doctors ordered you to lose weight or have you determined that you need to do so on your own?

You can look fantastic without starving yourself. Eating so little, yes you will lose weight but you will not enjoy life.

*edited because this seems snarky, even to me, and I am not attempting to be snarky, just trying to understand more of what you are going for.*

Are you in the first stages of recovery? If so weight loss should not be your goal now, but adding calories slowly and getting healthy. If you are progressing with recovery you should know very well by now that the 500-1000 calories that you are allowing yourself are not a healthy way to lose weight and you will spiral right back into your disorder.
  • NutellaByTheSpoon
    Options
    Actually the one you said was 500 calories I never completed that entry
  • JTick
    Options

There was more than one of them, and your calorie goal at 1000 is still too low.
  • NutellaByTheSpoon
    Options
    You want to get your eating disorder under control but you are looking to lose weight and are a member of myproanna??? 0_o
    From the way you have described yourself this does not seem healthy. HAve your doctors ordered you to lose weight or have you determined that you need to do so on your own?

You can look fantastic without starving yourself. Eating so little, yes you will lose weight but you will not enjoy life.
    I deleted my account of myproana a long time ago!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You have custom changed your calorie goal to 1000, which is far too little.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry just reading this post.. :frown:
  • JTick
    Options
    I went back over the last week and found these calorie totals:

Either you have sloppy logging, or your eating disorder is not under control. Please reach out to a doctor for help.
  • NutellaByTheSpoon
    Options
    Shirtstorm is on the way!
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hope so! You can be healthy without being hungry! I also edited my original post while you were replying to mine.