88 pounds and 10 pants sizes lost with photos

Options
muzichick
muzichick Posts: 331 Member
It has been 2.5 years since I started seriously focusing on losing weight, and improving my health. Like many people, I don't have many pictures of myself at that weight, because it was easier to believe that I was doing alright, without photographic evidence. This photo is about 7 pounds away from my highest weight, while on vacation visiting my husband's family, in Europe:

310_zpse9856ce5.png

I thought I looked good, and I really liked that sweater. Those pants were a size 28.

Here's a bit more of a side view:

310side_zps74c85250.jpg

Back in December (at about 60 pounds lost), I got a new work coat as a gift (the red one on the right). It was a men's XL. The blue one on the left is what I bought 3 years ago, and it is a size 3XL, and it was a little tight at my heaviest.

3d161d94-d5e8-460c-a5de-31f4b051eade_zpse4921ef0.jpg

The other day, I wandered into the Gap, which is somewhere I haven't shopped since junior high. I thought I might be able to find a cute top, but they had their pants on sale. On a whim, I tried on a pair of size 18's, fully expecting them to not even get over my thighs; But to my complete surprise, they fit. I thought it must be a fluke, so I asked the woman for a different pair, in a different wash and style. They also fit.

I haven't actually lost much weight in 3 months, but I've really started focusing on fitness. I bought a bike, and the other weekend, I did a 5 mile hike with friends while camping, which is something I never would have been able to complete 2 years ago.

228front_zps21727170.jpg

228side_zps078bd4a8.jpg

So, the moral of the story is, just keep trying. I've started and stopped countless times, and I've found that sometimes I lose weight, but then I'll plateau on the weight loss, while my shape changes. It isn't ever linear, nor is it easy, but slow and steady progress matters, and eventually you will get somewhere, as long as you don't quit.

I still have some more to lose, but I think this milestone is worth sharing with anyone who is struggling, or just starting out.

:)

Replies

• Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, yor change is incredible. All that hard work definitely shows!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing transformation! And thank you for sharing your inspiring story!!!!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a remarkable gift you've given yourself! Kudos on knowing you're worth good health!
  • sammama5
    sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job! Never give up. :flowerforyou:
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!! You are doing so great!
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congratulations on your progress!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations- you look amazing! Thank you so much for posting- it is so inspirational to see people doing so well!
  • Jessesbride
    Jessesbride Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! It's truly amazing seeing what we can do when we put our minds to it, isn't it?!!!
  • cbarbato71
    Options
    Wow, you look terrific and are truly and inspriration to the rest of us! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Really great post and congrats on your progress!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person and must feel the same, congratulations and thanks for posting as an inspiration!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You rule. The biggest thing I promised myself this time around is to not let temporary setbacks become permanent. In fact, to reconceptualize setbacks as just a natural part of the process.

You're a real inspiration :)
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You rule. The biggest thing I promised myself this time around is to not let temporary setbacks become permanent. In fact, to reconceptualize setbacks as just a natural part of the process.

You're a real inspiration :)

But that is seriously one of the most important skills in this process; How to restart when you slip up. And how to balance real life with weight loss. I ate mini-doughnuts last night, for example. I have them once or twice a year. I enjoy them when I eat them, and I share them with someone else. A few small bites of something tasty is almost always worth the few hundred calories, when you are craving it.
  • CSusan6485
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great and I'm sure you feel great too. Keep up the good work.
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • mrsdmiller74
    mrsdmiller74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    congrats that is wonderful
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    amazing! way to go!!
  • SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Very cool :)
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, and congratulations!
    You look fantastic!!
  • aprilcolquitt176
    Options
    Congratulations! A mile stone definitely worth sharing! Wonderful job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!