rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• Rogue_Girl
    Rogue_Girl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I got asked once when my baby was due (I was not pregnant) and what was even more insulting it was from a woman with a full on beard...

I've been asked that twice in my life - once when I was a heck lot smaller than I am now.

My response? No baby. Just fat. Thanks for asking though.

*smh*
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    One time some teenage girls at the mall started saying "hey look it's Adele!" and laughing and pointing and singing "someone like you" to me. Ok yeah, Adele is not thin, but she is GORGEOUS. So I didn't lose TOO much sleep over it...
  • orlandogirl97
    orlandogirl97 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    These treads have reminded me of so many more insults I have heard about myself. Kind of depressing.....I'm 5'1, so excess weight shows very quick. Being so short, I think people can say what ever they want to me.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    i got the infamous " are you pregnant?" and a downright hurtful "your body looks nasty!" from a stranger at a public pool.

I dare someone to say that to me now. I look HOT:bigsmile: if i must say so myself

Wow! That's HORRIFICALLY RUDE. WTF is wrong with humans? smh.

Moving to Mars.
  • WaynesGurl
    WaynesGurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Lady in line...yes at Mc Donalds...asked if I knew what I was having. I said um...I'm not pregnant. I'm just fat. She said oh...people thing my daughter is too. I said oh that is nice.
  • bald_navy_wife
    bald_navy_wife Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I dare someone to say that to me now. I look HOT:bigsmile: if i must say so myself

Agree. :smile: :smile:

thanks
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Years ago I lost 30 pounds, we were out to dinner with family, my Mother said "when you finish losing your weight you can have that chin removed". My kids, now grown, still talk about how embarrassing it was for me.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    One time some teenage girls at the mall started saying "hey look it's Adele!" and laughing and pointing and singing "someone like you" to me. Ok yeah, Adele is not thin, but she is GORGEOUS. So I didn't lose TOO much sleep over it...

Umm.. these kids need to work on their insults. I would have held my head up and said "THANK YOU." and kept it moving.
  • WaynesGurl
    WaynesGurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    "you look like a giant Easter egg in a shop window"
    "humpty dumpty"
    "king kong Bundy" (pro wrestling reference)
    "kill yourself you f***ng fatass"
    "you look like you don't have long to live" (a doctor)

but really, none of these are as horrifying as what the voice in my head is telling me.

aww...I wish I could hug you. Do your best forget the rest
  • aprilcolquitt176
    Options
    My sister's boyfriend made a comment that wasn't only directed toward me, but our whole family! My sister is having their first baby in July. Her boyfriend made the remark "At least she'll have my genes- your family is pretty big." We could all stand to lose some weight in my family, but oddly enough.....my sister's boyfriend is the ONLY truly skinny person in his family! Kettle, meet pot. =)
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    On a date with my ex--a group of 16 year olds walk past staring at me. My bf= "Like what you see?" Punk @$$ kid = "Someone's gotta love the fat chicks."
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Some years ago, after losing some weight (and before gaining it and then some back) there was a customer at Barnes & Noble who asked me when I was due. I told her in a polite manner "Oh, I'm not pregnant, sorry!" to which she replied. "Really? But you look so pregnant". I swear, it's like the place went silent and everyone stared in disbelief. My response was "No, no. Definitely not pregnant. Sorry. I'm just fat"

I wanted to hand her a shovel and see just how deep a hole she was capable of digging.
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    When I think back it's hard to recall any specific incident. I was called fat a lot, but it never really fazed me. I accepted that I was fat and felt that it was a valid criticism.

What frustrated me the most was the constant you should loose weight or attempt to control what I was eating while everyone around me continued to eat bad. My mom would tell me that I need to work out and eat less, and then tell my dad to go order Chinese food. Then when it arrived she would try to control my portions while my dad would have 2 or 3 plates full. Then what would really frustrate me is when I would actually want to get fit and eat better, but would receive little to no support from the family members who criticized my weight. When I would say "ok I want to loose weight, help me out and stop buying chips and other bad snacks" they would say ok, and maybe abide by it for a week, but then the very next week there would be a whole tub of ice cream in the fridge, left over pizza, and a bag of chips and some donuts in the cupboard. They would even begin to complain that my "healthy fresh food" costed too much even they could afford to eat out every day and had two 60K cars. The cognitive dissonance really destroyed my motivation. I simply had to realize that my parents were full of **** when it came to "wanting the best for me." At this point I just cut them off and ignore them when it comes to health advice. They always try to give me their two cents even though I've already lost 60 lbs making me a practical expert when it comes to weight loss. It's like a pauper trying to tell a millionaire how to make his next million bucks. He doesn't need their advice he's already done it once.
  • bald_navy_wife
    bald_navy_wife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i got the infamous " are you pregnant?" and a downright hurtful "your body looks nasty!" from a stranger at a public pool.

Wow! That's HORRIFICALLY RUDE. WTF is wrong with humans? smh.

Moving to Mars.

please take me with you!
  • LeopardPrintedLove2189
    Options
    a friend of mine growing up used to always say britani you have such a pretty face....translation you'd be pretty if you lost some weight....while she may have not meant it like that its how i took it
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    My ex-MIL bought all the females beautiful pastel sweaters for Easter. Except me. She bought me a black, shapeless top. Of course! Everyone knows that fat girls shouldn't want or expect pretty clothes, right?? And it was so embarrassing to open in front of everyone!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, my mom told me if I had a date to the senior prom, she'd buy my dress for me. I was excited, because a bunch of us had already decided to go, and paired up (pairs of tickets were slightly cheaper than single tickets, my school was weird).

I heard her telling my dad about this and he said, in a super sympathetic voice "that was nice hon, but high school guys prefer dates they can get their arms around."

I did not go to prom. And to this day my dad does not know I heard him say that.

Maybe not the rudest thing said about my weight (I did work in retail, and disgruntled customers can be inventive), but definitely the most painful to hear.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I was called a snowplow in middle school by my boyfriend's friends.. his response? "yeah, but she's my snowplow."
    I was quite sad. :( lol
  • summer92008
    summer92008 Posts: 202
    Options
    My best friend in high school would tell people how she lost weight over the summer. In explaining how much weight she had lost, she pointed at me and said, "I was a little bit bigger than her." Like, excuse me? I'm 5'6'' and weighed around 145 lbs. then. It wasn't like I was overweight but it really hurt my feelings and I've never thought of her again in the same light.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It was pretty straight forward.... "You used to look hot now you look like a pig !" "You've gained 30 # but it may as well be 60# if you're not going to do anything about it"