Don't Drink Your Calories

Options
1235»

Replies

• katatoniczka
    Options
    No matter how low or high the kcals... Learning not to drink calories was the best thing I could do. It's so much better to actually feel I'm consuming something when my body gets the energy. To each their own though
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to people telling you it's too low, if you can cope on 1200 calories per day, do it! The weight will fly off. I shifted 24lbs in 2 months goign as low as 3x1300 days, 3x500 days & 1 re'feed day up to maintenance levels of approx 2200 cals.

I'd say stick to what you're doing, you don't want any liquid calories on such low cals as they're just not as filling as good old whole food.

That sounds miserable. Id rather cut on 3,000 cals.

Was a challenge but it did the trick and it happened in 2 months. That wouldn't happen in two months on 3000 calories. And the 1300 x 33, 500 x 3 & 2100 was towards the end of the 8 weeks. The beginning I was on 2000 per day for 2 weeks. Followed by a couple of weeks on 1500 with a couple of 700/800 mini fasts. Eased myself in, worked a treat. No more efficient way!
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Agree with 1200 is too low (especially for a guy)
    Monster zero tastes bloody amazing.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    1200 for a grown a** man? Do it even work down there anymore?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to people telling you it's too low, if you can cope on 1200 calories per day, do it! The weight will fly off. I shifted 24lbs in 2 months goign as low as 3x1300 days, 3x500 days & 1 re'feed day up to maintenance levels of approx 2200 cals.

I'd say stick to what you're doing, you don't want any liquid calories on such low cals as they're just not as filling as good old whole food.

That sounds miserable. Id rather cut on 3,000 cals.

Was a challenge but it did the trick and it happened in 2 months. That wouldn't happen in two months on 3000 calories. And the 1300 x 33, 500 x 3 & 2100 was towards the end of the 8 weeks. The beginning I was on 2000 per day for 2 weeks. Followed by a couple of weeks on 1500 with a couple of 700/800 mini fasts. Eased myself in, worked a treat. No more efficient way!

That's a rather blanket statement since everyone has different body fat percentages and caloric needs etc.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 15, am 5'6 girl, fairly active and mfp says 1200 for me...but a dietician I saw said 1130! To lose 1 pound a week. So much contradictory information out there.

probably close to lose 1 lb/week, but that is a fast loss with only 15 to go, set up at 0.5lbs/week and you will get 250 more cals, plus get the cals you burn from exercise back
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thaaaanks! I usually go over and have 1400 so here's hoping for some success! Slow and steady wins the race :D
  • mich311e
    mich311e Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of tea and water but when you want to change it up try Zevia.
    http://www.zevia.com

I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners so this is my choice for a no-cal soda.
  • jamieldisney
    Options
    I've started drinking soda water on occasion because bottled water does get a little old, even with the Crystal Light and other flavorings. I will buy a bottle of Schweeps or even the Clear American brand sold at Walmart.. My favorite flavors are pineapple coconut, peach, key lime, and white grape. They have 0 calories, sugar, sodium, ect. I've also added fruits (oranges, limes, peaches, frozen pineapple or raspberries) to plain soda water and it is pretty good. At first I was concerned about drinking too much because it is carbonated, but my physician told me there is nothing to worry about. It's the same carbonation as a soft drink. All it will really do is make you burp. Hope this helps! :smile:
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    But beer.

Indeed! :drinker:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Haha - Do not worry, I've checked it with my physician and it wasn't determined by ME, it was part of a formula by MFP for 1.7 lb. loss per week. I'm only 5'8, so I'm not a hulk. But thanks for the concern. :-)

I'm a 5'8" woman- and I don't even eat that little. 1200 is way to little- you're losing muscle mass and fat at a rate like that.

And if I want to drink my calories I will. :drinker:
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    1200? Are you 5? That's what a 5 year old needs!

If you haven't already, work out your TDEE and subtract 20% from that. Just eat at that. 1200 is way too low, that's for a 5 year olds sort of caloric needs. And, you'll be very tired on that.

Drinking calories is fine as long it isn't too many, I try and fit in a glass of coke every day and its fine. 1200.. too low
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - The only way I can seem to keep to my LOW goal of 1,200 calories a day is to completely eliminate any calories from beverages. I can only drink so much water and iced tea, and I'm not a fan of diet cola. Am I missing any great solutions out there that I should know about?

Thanks
    Doug

I'll skip the "OMG1200" reply since so many others have already said what I would. To answer your question...

http://www.makeitmio.com/ - I use these in my water every day. The orange one tastes like Tang!
  • vha2
    vha2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - The only way I can seem to keep to my LOW goal of 1,200 calories a day is to completely eliminate any calories from beverages. I can only drink so much water and iced tea, and I'm not a fan of diet cola. Am I missing any great solutions out there that I should know about?

Thanks
    Doug

Another option is coconut water - 40cal per 200ml.
  • HeyMae75
    HeyMae75 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also hate the taste of diet soda. I have yet to find any artificial sweetener that I can tolerate the taste of. I cut cola & sweet tea(aka southern crack) out completely & cold turkey the day I found out I was diabetic. I drank nothing but water & coffee for a month & then I found MINUTE MAID LIGHT LEMONADE in the 12 oz cans, it has 5 calories per can & does not taste like artificial sweetener. I tried it, liked it, it went on sale & I bought 15 twelve packs ! I was just so happy to have something other than water !

I still drink 8-10 glasses of water a day & I don't mind water but having the option for something else sometimes sure is nice.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The OP starts a thread that brings up serious questions then doesn't come back within the first three days .... hmmmm.