MFP Runner's Club - August 20

Good morning runners!

I had speedwork this morning with my running group ...

1.5-mile warm-up
2 200s
2 400s
2 100s
1.5-mile cool-down

I am pooped! Time for coffee ...

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Good morning runners!

I had speedwork this morning with my running group ...

1.5-mile warm-up
    2 200s
    2 400s
    2 100s
    1.5-mile cool-down

I am pooped! Time for coffee ...
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Good morning!

Slender that sounds amazing! I wish I had a running group. Can't wait for September when I start running with "marathon mom".

I didn't run. I was up with my little one several times last night cuz she was having night terrors. She was screaming at the top of her lungs and I tried to calm her down but she kept screaming.My poor little baby!

I want to start incorporating different types of exercise to help improve my running (also to help keep me from getting bored). Anyhow, the two on my priority list are BodyPump (weights) and BodyFlow (yoga, tai chi and pilates). I was suppose to try the BodyFlow last Sunday but classes were cancelled due to training. I want to try out the BodyPump class today.

My goal for September is to get 3 short runs during the week and 1 long run on the weekend. I'd also like to add 2 classes a week of BodyPump and 1-2 classes of Pilates or BodyFlow. It seems like a lot as I'm writing this down but I think it will really benefit me.

Anyhow, the first step is to find out if I like these classes.

Have a good day!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    I had a 50 min run today! It felt great. I also did a quick stregnth workout with power 90
  • Not sure if I am gonig to run outside today or do the elliptical... Usually Wednesday is my off day, but I took off yesterday instead, so it's back to exercising today!!!!

I DO know that I am going to go for 50 minutes whatever I choose to do!!

Have a great day all...
    LMK
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Mir,

My wife is a body pump instructor, and I have attended a bunch of her classes, you'll love it. It's rough the first few times you do it, don't use too much weight at the start, cuz 30 lbs doesn't feel like much at the start but after 30 minutes, it sucks. Anyway, it's a great workout. I would continue with it if I wasn't looking for different results (I'm looking to increase my leg size and strength, where as body pump is more for definition and density and more upper then lower).
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Tonight is our final summer track workout before our 3 mile time trial next week.

1.5 mile warm up (I'll get about a mile in)
    8 x 400 m with 400 mile jog recovery; 1 mile cool down.

I'll plan for each 400 to be consistent, 1:50 and let it all hang out for the last one!

Weights at lunch time.

Stay safe all.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    I ran 3.1.. yes the .1 counts!!!:laugh:
    Today was a good run, not great. I felt a little more tired but I have been incorporating different types of exercise so can only imagine that is going to result in a little bit of a curve before I get back up to par...

s'all good!!

Happy Trails Ladies and Gent!!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    I ran my AF PT test this morning. Did the 1.5mile run in 14:21. I was really hoping for 14 flat, but that is still over a minute off my last time, so I am not complaining!!!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Good morning!

Slender that sounds amazing! I wish I had a running group. Can't wait for September when I start running with "marathon mom".

I didn't run. I was up with my little one several times last night cuz she was having night terrors. She was screaming at the top of her lungs and I tried to calm her down but she kept screaming.My poor little baby!

I want to start incorporating different types of exercise to help improve my running (also to help keep me from getting bored). Anyhow, the two on my priority list are BodyPump (weights) and BodyFlow (yoga, tai chi and pilates). I was suppose to try the BodyFlow last Sunday but classes were cancelled due to training. I want to try out the BodyPump class today.

My goal for September is to get 3 short runs during the week and 1 long run on the weekend. I'd also like to add 2 classes a week of BodyPump and 1-2 classes of Pilates or BodyFlow. It seems like a lot as I'm writing this down but I think it will really benefit me.

Anyhow, the first step is to find out if I like these classes.

Have a good day!

I like your new pic! :)

i know what you mean about wanting to incorporate more. I love BodyPump ... like Banks said, start off with low weights (I do 5lbs on each side for warm-up, 7.5 for squats, 5 for other leg exercises, and 2.5 for everything upper body.) Of course depending on where you go, every class is different.

I read an article about training for a half marathon by just running 3x a week, and posted it last week I think? It incorporates lots of different exercises so you never get bored. I do something different every day and incorporate any of the following:

Runs:
    Long Run (4-11 miles)
    Tempo Run (3-5 miles)
    Speedwork (Wednesday morning running group, combo of anything! I'll keep posting what we do every week so it may give you some ideas)

Cross Train:
    Boot Camp (mix of cardio and strength, different every time)
    Body Pump (all strength)
    Eliptical (which I find very boring but will do it when I have to)
    Swimming
    Ice Skating

I usually workout 5-6x a week ... more 5x than 6x. :) haha

Hope that helps!
  • Hey guys! I got in 9 miles today. It sure feels good to be back in the swing of things. Running is so relaxing for me this week..probably because I take my PCAT this saturday and that test basically determines the rest of my future :indifferent: ..ya know, no big right? :huh: Haha anyways hope everyone enjoys their day!

Happy running :flowerforyou:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Morning runners:

No run for me today, did chest and back from P90X. Surprised I even got that in because I went to a party last and only got 4 hours sleep! Now I need a nap! Hammock, here I come!

Carol
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    OK I just started running so be easy on me - I did 2.65 today - that's the furthest I've gone so far
    yeah me!
    :bigsmile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member

How old is your little one, I have some ways to help with night terrors that worked for my daughter and son when they were itty bitty.

As for me, I upped my weights at body pump and even though I was a bit sore I decided, unwisely to run 5 miles yesterday and went to bed in pain with a heating pad for each leg, my quads were pissed.
    So I think I should take a rest today even though I don't want to, my little inner voice says "noooooo" :cry: :cry: :cry: so for once I will listen!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    OK I just started running so be easy on me - I did 2.65 today - that's the furthest I've gone so far
    yeah me!

That's awesome! Well done. :drinker:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Thanks for your input everyone!

I did BodyPump and I really liked it. The class was cut short by 15 minutes cuz the instructor couldn't get the music going. lol
    I know I'm going to love doing these classes cuz I'm clueless when it comes to weights and I really need someone to show me what I should be doing. I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow because I have a really weak upper body. I only used 2.5lbs on each side and was feeling it! lol

Slender, thanks for your post. It does give me ideas and it's always cool to read what others are doing.

Nich0le, my daughter is 3years old. Thankfully she doesn't get night terrors very often but any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. She does get a lot of nightmares tho. Always the same one. "mommy, there are bugs in my bed!"

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member

Mir..I love body pump, it is a great way to strength train without getting bored. The music and the moves are different in every class, except during release. When new releases come out you will have the same music for two weeks, then the instructors can mix it up a little.
    I think you will really like it.

Ok, I should have read further, you loved it! yay body pump!
  • OK I just started running so be easy on me - I did 2.65 today - that's the furthest I've gone so far
    yeah me!

Double yeah yeah!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • OK, no running today for me. I am so exhausted, I can't even believe it.
    But I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so I get to leave a little later, so I am going to get out and run extra early and try to get in at least a 6.4 if I have time.

I am going to go to bed now, 7 PM is not tooooo early is it?
    SM
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Hello, Runners! I did Shoulders & Arms and Ab RipperX (P90X) w/ my dh tonight. No run today, running early w/ my buddies tomorrow AM!

Great job everyone!

Jess
  • carlotta
    carlotta Posts: 46 Member
    i am new here and i love this place!

i just started running again. i was a huge runner in the service but things got out of hand on my second child and i lost control of myself. wham! packed on the pounds. now i am finding that my body is relaly feeling the effects of all this weight i am carrying around and i am really intent on losing it.

when i say i just started runnng, today is wednesday and i started on monday, thats how new i am too this. i go to the y and run on the treadmill, kinda forces me too keep running. i am running at 5 speed for 20 minutes in the beginning so as to not burn myself out but already i dread it. i have a headache just thinking about running!

anyways, i really like this message board and maybe i'll find someone around my area to run in!