boneless skinless chicken breast

Options
2»

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I like to marinate chicken in balsamic vinaigrette and grill it then put it on a salad with some chopped granny smith apples, blue cheese, craisins and whatever else sounds good at the time. I make my own balsamic vinaigrette from the good seasonings mix...easy and tasty!

Drool...
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Put chicken breasts in crockpot after rubbing liberally with taco seasoning.. Add jar of salsa of your choice. Cool 3 hours on low or until you can shred easily. Add sour cream and can use in tacos, burritos or over rice.

I made this last night. Everyone in the house kept cruising thru the kitchen saying yummmmm. It was awesome! Put it over rice with a sprinkle of shredded cheese.

Thanks for a new recipe in my repertoire!!!
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fajitas & Chicken Fajita Salad!!! OMG GOOD!

Get some chicken breast and either cube or cut into strips. Soak the strips in half beer half worcestershire sauce. Marinade OVERNIGHT OR 24 HOURS in a zip lock bag. I used about 1 cup of each for 5lbs of chicken but eye ball it. You want them covered. Drain and cook on the stove. I made 5 lbs on Sunday and I still have alot left. I also grilled onions and bell peppers to go on top. Its so juicy you don’t need sauce or you can add hot sauce to flavor but why would you. Pair with a nice wheat tortilla and with 3 oz of chicken you are looking at around 179 calories, 16g carbs, and 22g protein depending upon your type of tortilla. Sometimes I keep a small amount of the marinade separate so I can give it extra flavor or add it in after I am done cooking to keep it marinating all week long. I also used the 3oz chicken last night in a salad with 1 egg white, tomatoes, onion, and bell peppers. I added 2 tbl Low Fat Italian dressing and it was amazing. 158 calories with 7g of carbs and 24g protein. Mmmmm And I was stuffed!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Mustard-Dill Chicken:

4 chicken breasts
    1/4 cup dijon mustard
    1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream (low fat if you want)
    1 tbsp dried dill weed
    1/2 tsp garlic powder or salt

Mix the sauces and spices and then dip the raw chicken into the sauce (cover completely).

Place each chicken on an individual piece of tin foil on a baking sheet

Drizzle remaining sauce onto chicken if you want to.

Fold the foil into packets for each breast

bake in the oven at 350F for about 20 - 30 minutes (check it several times since the weight of the breast can really change the time). When opening the foil packet, beware of steam.

Open the packets and broil the chicken for about 5 minutes to make the top a bit brown and crispy (I am usually too lazy to do this haha)

Serve and voila! I've never had it turn out NOT juicy - and I've never messed it up. Which is really saying something for me. Though I did buy bone in breasts once by mistake - they just took about 45 minutes to cook instead. I've also done it at 375F to speed it up a bit and it turned out fine.

ETA:

If you don't like dill it also works with curry. It would probably taste nice with lemon pepper too. Not gonna lie, I love how it's only about 5 minutes of prep work. I'm making this tonight for my bf's family since their parents went on vacation (yes, they are all over 20 years old)...

I've also used the foil packet method after simply sprinkling the chicken breast with Cajun or Tex-mex seasoning and it was still super moist.

This... sounds amazing. But my boyfriend hates sour cream. But I LOVE sour cream and mustard. I will HAVE to try this. Some other day.
  • JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Garlic Chicken Breasts

Ingredients:
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 tablespoon rosemary
    8 cloves garlic, 6 crushed,2 minced

Directions:
    1 Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly with a mallet or other heavy flat object to flatten slightly.
    2 Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    3 Heat oil in a heavy nonstick pan over medium high heat.
    4 Add rosemary and crushed garlic.
    5 Sauté 1-2 minutes, pressing down on rosemary and garlic to release flavor.
    6 Remove with a slotted spoon and discard.
    7 Sauté chicken 5 minutes per side, turning frequently until browned and cooked throughout.
    8 Stir in minced garlic during last 2 minutes of cooking.

AWESOME!
  • grlgemini
    Options
    alexis831 wrote: »
    Chicken Fajitas & Chicken Fajita Salad!!! OMG GOOD!

Get some chicken breast and either cube or cut into strips. Soak the strips in half beer half worcestershire sauce. Marinade OVERNIGHT OR 24 HOURS in a zip lock bag. I used about 1 cup of each for 5lbs of chicken but eye ball it. You want them covered. Drain and cook on the stove. I made 5 lbs on Sunday and I still have alot left. I also grilled onions and bell peppers to go on top. Its so juicy you don’t need sauce or you can add hot sauce to flavor but why would you. Pair with a nice wheat tortilla and with 3 oz of chicken you are looking at around 179 calories, 16g carbs, and 22g protein depending upon your type of tortilla. Sometimes I keep a small amount of the marinade separate so I can give it extra flavor or add it in after I am done cooking to keep it marinating all week long. I also used the 3oz chicken last night in a salad with 1 egg white, tomatoes, onion, and bell peppers. I added 2 tbl Low Fat Italian dressing and it was amazing. 158 calories with 7g of carbs and 24g protein. Mmmmm And I was stuffed!

Well this just sounds amazing! I would have never thought about beer and worcestershire sauce. Do you use a dark beer or light?

• lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    We love to marinate our chicken breasts in Chiavetta's BBQ. It's a local thing but I'm sure where ever you are from there is something like it. Wegmans also sells pre-marinated meats in all different flavors.
  • megstoo
    megstoo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just made this for dinner last night and it turned out really well: Slow Cooker Honey sesame chicken

Ingredients

2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
    1 cup honey
    1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    1/2 tsp sesame oil
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
    2 tbsp minced onion (I used the dried kind)
    1/4 cup barbecue sauce
    1/4 tsp crushed red peppers
    6 tbsp cold water
    2 tbsp cornstarch
    Sesame seeds
    Green onions, sliced
    Instructions

Cut chicken into 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes and put into Crock Pot.
    Mix together honey, low-sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, garlic, onion, barbecue sauce and crushed red peppers in a small bowl.
    Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
    Cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
    Remove the chicken from the Crock Pot while reserving the sauce.
    Pour the sauce into a saucepan over medium heat.
    Mix together the cold water and cornstarch and stir into the sauce.
    Cook sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. This only takes a couple of minutes.
    Turn the heat down to low, add chicken to sauce and break any large pieces into smaller chunks. I used the end of my wooden spatula. Stir to coat while simmering.
    Remove from heat and sauce will thicken more as it cools.
    Add chicken to sauce and serve over rice.
    Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
  • mdneal2007
    mdneal2007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Go to allrecipes.com and look up the recipe for Key Lime Chicken. It is awesome. My husband and I love it, especially if it is cooked over a charcoal grill
  • jenniferchew2012
    jenniferchew2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We love to marinate our chicken breasts in Chiavetta's BBQ. It's a local thing but I'm sure where ever you are from there is something like it. Wegmans also sells pre-marinated meats in all different flavors.

I love Chiavetta's! I'm in Florida now so when I go back to Buffalo to visit family I always make sure I bring a crap load back with me :p