I'm not happy

Options
First let me tell you I weigh 376 pounds. I'm not happy with only losing 2 pounds a week so I changed that to 2.2 pounds which isn't alot but still more than 2.

I'm thinking someone my size can afford to lose more right now.

Opinions?? Good or Bad?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Yes. Someone at your size can and probably will lose more than 2lbs/week in the beginning.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    You will most likely lose more than that anyway to start with. It will slow down over time. I lost a lot to start with. It was very motivating.

The way I tried to not get frustrated was to set up my macros and calories, plan it, and then just do it, and then focus on something else so I didn't get obsessive. In my case, I ordered a whole stack of books to read. I was just as excited to be reading those new books as changing my life.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I lost more than 2 pounds the first 2 - 3 weeks but I think at your weight you will most likely lose more than 2 pounds a week for a while in the beginning. Although 2 pounds a week is the recommended amount to lose most obese people lose at a faster rate to start and do fine. Just make sure you are not creating too much of a deficit to try to lose it quicker because I think you will find that you will doing it the proper way
  • amy2234
    amy2234 Posts: 9
    Options
    All these wonderful people are right! The first time I lost 64 pounds (SW 350) I was losing average of 3-5 a week. Especially if I got in 30 minutes 3-4 days a week. You are on the right track!
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not an expert on this...when I was at my heaviest I lost a lot quickly and then it tapered off...the problem was I was so deadset on seeing a large number loss every week I was hurting myself mentally every time I had a small loss. I had to learn that the numbers aren't what's important at the end of the day, and as long as the overall trend leads me to health, it's all good. As long as you can walk that psychological border then yeah, go for it, is what I'd say.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi! Nice to meet you :) I started at 469 and i set mine to lose 2 lbs a week :) I did not eat exercise calories back at that time and even though I had it set to lose 2 lbs a week I was losing about 4-8 a week at first :) 2.2 should be fine :) Good luck on your journey :) Make sure you weigh and log everything, that is key :)