Down 87 lbs since last May.

Options

Replies

• Twright0386
    Twright0386 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone else for the kind words. This did not happen without some failures and doubting at points, but I've weathered the storm, although I could have been down 100 already if I didn't like cheese so much ;)

The other thing for those going to the gym and doing cardio or walking.....get your heartrate up, if it is not up, you really are just wasting your own time. In the beginning a light jog will get your heartrate going, but as you lose weight the intensity needs to go up. Also, forget about trying to put on much muscle while trying to lose weight, it is pretty redundant. Not to say you shouldn't hit the weights a few times a week, just don't expect to get jacked, lose the weight and then clean bulk (proteins and good fats, not garbage).
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much.

I really found that weight loss is 90% diet and 10% physical. Found myself in a little rut back in March where I wasn't really losing much anymore, mostly cardio at first, now trying to tone, gain some strength and get rid of this little bit of belly I have left. Once I get to about 160 I think I will go on a bulking program and put on muscle, not to where I look like a total meat head, but probably an extra 15 pounds of muscle should do the trick.

Start a weight lifting program now, you'll see a huge change in your body very quickly over just cardio.

Awesome work!
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!! You've done a great job!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job - you look great!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look fantastic, and great advice too.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Rockstar!!!! What an accomplishment. Well done.
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congratulations!
  • peacheswi
    peacheswi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats! You look great!
  • Twright0386
    Options
    Rockstar!!!! What an accomplishment. Well done.
    Wow...176 lbs lost for you, that is awesome. Thank you by the way.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    dam man bravo!
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    looking good!!!
  • xPeacefulx
    xPeacefulx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    your looking good congrats! :)
  • Twright0386
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone who has posted since the last time I posted.

Was looking at some pictures from last year of myself, just still cannot believe the change.
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sunilsocal
    Options
    Wow!! Awesome job.
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job...you look fantastic!
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look so great! Keep it up :D
  • LexytheNerd
    LexytheNerd Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome job
  • Monsterliana
    Monsterliana Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look at you go! Great job!
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good job. I just started this week. I need to lose 100 lbs. any tips you share would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks alot. As for tips...watch and record your calories diligently don't.skip.ANYTHING! Drink plenty of water, I myself try to drink about a gallon of water per day, make sure to get enough sleep at night. Don't cut foods out of your diet that aren't necessarily good for you, but enjoy in moderation. Watch your salt and sugar intake. Don't starve yourself or you body will go into starvation mode and store EVERYTHING you eat as fat, so eat all of your calorie allotment. Most importantly, if you screw-up, just get back up and dust yourself off tomorrow.

Man, thats the best advise ever!!
    Its just that simple, (simple it truly isn't) BUT at the same time, its the most fun I've ever had on a "diet" ... I can eat whatever I want ALTHOUGH I do try to eat as clean (healthy) as possible ... lots of vegetables & fruits with less processed foods BUT IF I want to eat a reg burger at Mcd's and a small fry, I CAN ... I just count the calories and keep it going!
    Thanks for sharing your story and you LOOK FABULOUS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!