Question For The Busty Ladies.....

Options
PrissyPisces
PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
I really hope I don't get kicked off of MFP for this one, (LOL) but I'm calling out all of the Dolly's. :D I want to know if anyone (DD or larger) successfully reduced their bra size, and how many pounds did you lose, before you had to go bra shopping for a smaller cup size? Also, did losing weight alleviate back pain, and was it difficult for you to exercise? I carry a lot of weight "up top", and it causes me a lot of pain. After a day of being out and about, I return home with shoulder, neck, and lower back pain. It's also extremely difficult for me to do certain exercises that I'd really like to try (jogging, jumping rope, etc.) Any advice? SERIOUSLY considering a reduction, but I feel like it may be pointless if I can just lose weight and reduce their size. :( Ladies, if you experience these issues with sizes below DD, I'd like your feedback as well.

Replies

• jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have large boobs, an 42 G at my heaviest. I have lost about 60 lbs so far and have not had to go bra shopping. I probably would wear a 40 DDD right now but when your this big the difference between these two sizes is not much so I waer the bras I have, plus bras for ladies our size are very expensive.

I do not aticipate my boobs shrinking enough to make a difference. They arent all of sudden going to be perky. I am considering when I get to my goal weight having a reduction. When you are a healthy weight and your boobs still cause back problems, and skin irritations, and the indention in your shoulder you have a better chance of insurance covering the procedure.

Ok so what can you do right now to jog, run, jump, skip rope... my friends call me Dos (Spanish for 2) because I wear two bras to work out. that is the only way and even then it is not the most comfortable thing ever but in order to get where I want to be I have to suck it up. I hope this helps
  • nur_spass
    nur_spass Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 30HH (UK size) and even when I lost weight my bra size didn't change. I was just one of the unlucky (or lucky - depending on how you look at it!) ones who never lost weight from their bust. I think it depends on the person because for some people I know it is the first place they lose weight from. However, I had a breast reduction and went down to a G (they couldn't make me smaller than that because of how I am built). Since then I have lost 17lbs and have dropped down to a FF!

I'm not sure what I've said is very helpful - it is different from person to person! Having a reduction was one of the best things I've done though - I feel so much better about myself :)
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    From 42 DDD to 42 DD. Lost 30 # but most of it was abdominal loss.. so far....Hello... look at my pics on profile...

I backed out of a reduction when I watched the surgery.. yikes.... maybe a Lift but NOT a reduction... they take of the nipples and I nearly fainted watching that...
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Check out enell.com for sports bras...designed for us big gals :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've worn DD since I was thirteen years old and never had any associated back problems or difficulties of any type. I've lost 130 lb from my highest weight and only went from 42DD to 36DD. Even though I lost many inches...and went from a size 3X and 22/24 to size L and 12.

Sorry not much help...just my experience. Not a lot of boob loss.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    42DDD or 42F or 42FF depending on the bra at my biggest. I have noticed more room in the cups and have switched to the middle hook set instead of the last with just a loss of 22 lbs. I'm hoping to get back down to a 38DD but I fear I have ruined them forever by gaining so much weight. God gave me perfect boobs and I ruined them with cheeseburgers and pizza in large quantities. Makes me sad.

Also, I second the Enell bra.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I was up to about a large E cup at my heaviest. I've lost almost 40 pounds and am now a DD. I have some damage in my lower back and it has gotten a bit better but I don't know if that is from weight loss because I started going to chiro and massage at the same time I started losing weight. I do notice that the pain is a lot worse when I am not doing yoga regularly. My boobs didn't really shrink that much, but they became less full at the top which was a good thing because they were so full it was like having two cantelopes on my chest and I felt like I was all boob. They are about the same size at the bottom but don't jut out as much. They seemed a little saggier for a while, but have perked back up over the past year...not that big boobs are ever really all that perky, but I think you know what I mean.

ETA: I went from 36 band size to 34.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've lost nearly 40lbs and I've gone from DD to D. I'm hoping to be a C at the end of my weight loss :D

Good luck!
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I started out 44II but am now in 36D/DD depending on the brand.
    Victoria Secret Dream Angels I run 38D. They say the lace requires
    a bigger band. idk .. lol .. I can say my upper back/shoulder pain
    is nearly all gone. We have an awfully worn mattress but that's a
    whole nother matter. Just keep aiming to trim down and hopefully
    your twins will improve too. All the best to you!! ????
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I've gone from something like 40 DDD at 245 pounds that probably should have been bigger in all directions (I rarely went out so I rarely wore a bra) to 34 or 36 D, depending on brand.

It may have helped my dull back pain a little, but I have an inherited bad back, so what really helps it is not doing stupid things like standing on my feet all day, bending, or hauling heavy things around. It's hard to tell because I did all those things when I was a thin D cup and my back was far worse then than it has ever been since at any weight.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I really hope I don't get kicked off of MFP for this one, (LOL) but I'm calling out all of the Dolly's. :D I want to know if anyone (DD or larger) successfully reduced their bra size, and how many pounds did you lose, before you had to go bra shopping for a smaller cup size? Also, did losing weight alleviate back pain, and was it difficult for you to exercise? I carry a lot of weight "up top", and it causes me a lot of pain. After a day of being out and about, I return home with shoulder, neck, and lower back pain. It's also extremely difficult for me to do certain exercises that I'd really like to try (jogging, jumping rope, etc.) Any advice? SERIOUSLY considering a reduction, but I feel like it may be pointless if I can just lose weight and reduce their size. :( Ladies, if you experience these issues with sizes below DD, I'd like your feedback as well.

My wife actually went up a cup size (D to DD) .. the band size shrunk faster than the uhhh .. cup filler .. as she lost weight ..
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    I'm really hoping to lose weight from my breasts. I haven't been a DD since middle school. I'm in an L. If I don't, lose enough to get down to a more comfortable size, then I plan on a reduction when Hubby and I are done having children. Only reason I'm waiting that long is because reductions can affect your ability to breastfeed.
  • GenZombie
    GenZombie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I started at a DD-cup and after losing about 35lbs I now wear a C-cup.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    36F and they don't really change based on my weight. I've been in almost a 40 lb weight range and they stay the same.

It depends on how much of your breasts are breast tissue and how much are fat.

If you want a reduction, get a reduction. My mom had a reduction and she's pretty happy with it. If my breasts get any larger with pregnancy like hers did, I would consider a reduction.

Don't wait for weight loss to feel comfortable in your body. It's not worth long term back problems.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I also have rather large norks and would love them to be smaller, however I have a feeling they're only going to get flatter and longer :/.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I started off as a 48DD... ended up with a 36DDD much to my chagrin... I am inching closer to the 36DD/34DDD mark now, but need to make sure I don't have any wardrobe mishaps with the DD bras so I end up still sticking with the DDD bras

It depends on where you lose the weight from.

but, even with the increase in bra cup size, they shrunk - as there is no way that I can fill up my old DD bras - what drives the cup size is the proportions between the back size and cup size. So my 36DDD now hold a lot less volume than my 48DD.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I lost inches in my band size, but my bust size remains unchanged (went from a 36DD to a 32DD).
  • livsmomjenn
    Options
    Ive always been 'top heavy' and even through my fluctuations in weight the cup size stays the same while the band size does go down....right now I am only down 12 pounds but I notice my bras are fitting better
    I have arthritis in my back so Im not sure if losing weight will help with that, I know yoga really helped my back though!
    breast reductions are really hard to recover from and are painful, my mom lost a lot of weight (150 pounds +) and she had one done and she regrets it, says it was very painful and she doesn't like how her nipples are perfect circles...it's ok to giggle, it is funny! but they seriously are perfectly round
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My breasts have been 40 DD for many years, and when loose weight I don't loose it n my breasts. I have never experienced back pain and enjoy my large breasts they are my best asset. I am sure if i suffered in pain I would do something about it but as long as I dont and they stay the same I am ok
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started off as a 40G, and now I'm a 32F after losing 65 pounds. I'd like to lose even more, but I think surgery would be the only way.

I never really had back pain before, so I can't speak to the rest of your question. But good luck! I had lost weight before and my breasts didn't change, but this time they did, so it is possible.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!