Question For The Busty Ladies.....

Options

Replies

• Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I went from a 46ddd that looked horrible back to a 34dd.
    <~here's my VS bra that I wanted to get back into.
    Good luck to everyone.

Please don't report me for my pic.
    It's just the same as a bathing suit pic
  • pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Throughout my fluctuating weight battles I've gone from a 48DD to a 38C. Honestly for me though, the boobs are the first things I notice either getting larger or smaller, alongside my stomach.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I was 38DD and now a 34C.

SW: 230 lbs

CW: 115 lbs

Took about 2 1/2 years.
  • avril2626
    avril2626 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    hi - if you can get a good bra, so you are not having your neck and shoulder pain, then I would wait and see where your weight loss takes you. I have gone fm a 40ddd to a 38dd, with just a 20 lb wt loss. I know that when I got low in body fat before, I was a b. only once that slender, but that's a big difference. I'm tall, so my weight loss doesn't show in inches as quickly, and I have about 40 more lbs to go to get to 145. my best friend had the surgery, and has been happy - she had a lot of pain before. if you can wait, and still decide to have surgery, they can reduce skin, etc., and you can start over with the aging/gravity process, in that area at least...lol.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I've worn DD since I was thirteen years old and never had any associated back problems or difficulties of any type. I've lost 130 lb from my highest weight and only went from 42DD to 36DD. Even though I lost many inches...and went from a size 3X and 22/24 to size L and 12.

Sorry not much help...just my experience. Not a lot of boob loss.

I don't think you understand how bra sizes work. If you went from a 42DD to a 36DD, you lost 3 cup sizes.
  • vegwrangler
    vegwrangler Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started out in a super tight, cup spilleth over, 38I and 222 pounds. Now I am in a baggy 36F at 190 pounds. Everyone is a little different :-) but most women do experience shrinkage every 10 pounds or so. I got Enell bras so I dont have to buy new everytime my cup changes.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    OP - to answer your question - I had to buy new bras after losing 25 lbs. This will vary from person to person, though
  • katiemacmurph
    katiemacmurph Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started off as a 48DD... ended up with a 36DDD much to my chagrin... I am inching closer to the 36DD/34DDD mark now, but need to make sure I don't have any wardrobe mishaps with the DD bras so I end up still sticking with the DDD bras

It depends on where you lose the weight from.

but, even with the increase in bra cup size, they shrunk - as there is no way that I can fill up my old DD bras - what drives the cup size is the proportions between the back size and cup size. So my 36DDD now hold a lot less volume than my 48DD.

^This. I went from a 36DD to a 32DDD, and even though I went up in cup size, they are not nearly as large as they were before. I've never had back problems, but I can definitely tell the difference from losing weight (about 40 lbs). Oh, and I swear by the Moving Comfort Juno for any high impact activities (running, boot camp, etc). I like a racer back (with hooks, so I can get it on and off), and most of the larger girls' bras don't seem to be racer back.
  • ashCHB
    ashCHB Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17 pounds so far (but I'm very short, so it's distributed differently). At my heaviest, I was busting out of DDD. Now I've got a little extra room in my DD. Hubby hasn't even noticed; he just complains when I mention that they've shrunk.
  • Rainydaygirl1
    Rainydaygirl1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am a GG cup and I was before I lost 20 pounds. I was hoping to go down but it's not looking like it :/
    053069 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    same here. two pregnancies where i have gained and lost 60lbs each time. before pregnancies i was a C cup, both pregnancies left me with E cup. On this weight loss I started with 44E and now I think I am 38F...still F.....
  • sassyN1989
    sassyN1989 Posts: 424
    Options
    I have last gained back and lost again and I'm evidently the kind of woman that doesn't lose there.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have been measuring myself weekly, and my bust went down from 44" to 38" and band down by about 4". I never was able to get a good fit, but when my first 20 lbs had come off went and got a decent bra that really fitted. Felt so proud, and good, and the support they gave was brilliant... no straps cutting into shoulders, no rubbing where the fat overflowed. Now I walk tall, and back ache has definitely eased.
    But echoing what others have said, do get a decent well fitted bra.
    :happy:
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds back in 2008 before having a reduction (a 38G to a full 36C). And no, they did not remove my nipples. I saw that someone said they backed out of one for that reason). Since then I gained back up and am now on my way back down. I've lost 32 pounds and have reduced from a 42DD to a 40DD (soon to be a 38). Something else to remember is this: just because they cup size letter doesn't reduce does not mean that the cup didn't get smaller. The cup on my 42DD was larger than the cup on my 40DD. So even though I haven't gone down a letter size, they are getting smaller. Hopefully when the midsection loss kicks in, more of that will too.
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Even thin, my cup size has always been a DDD (even in the past when I lost weight). So no, mine don't really shrink much- except in the band.

But I did find a really good sports bra today that I am really excited about! I purchased an Under Armor zip front bra in a 38DD- the cup covers all the way to the armpits....no side leakage! A tiny bit of loose skin over the top. Its heavy duty and is designed for high impact. Those babies weren't going anywhere today! While its not a perfect fit, its by far the best I have ever found.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i've lost 75 pounds and i lost1 cup size, although i went from a 44 to a 40 or even sometimes a 38 band size.
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm a busty girl myself wearing triple D's when I do any exercise involving bouncing (jogging, jump rope etc0 I have to wear one of my good bra's and a good sports bra on top. I hope to lose a couple of bra sizes but we'll see
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I started off as a 48DD... ended up with a 36DDD much to my chagrin... I am inching closer to the 36DD/34DDD mark now, but need to make sure I don't have any wardrobe mishaps with the DD bras so I end up still sticking with the DDD bras

It depends on where you lose the weight from.

but, even with the increase in bra cup size, they shrunk - as there is no way that I can fill up my old DD bras - what drives the cup size is the proportions between the back size and cup size. So my 36DDD now hold a lot less volume than my 48DD.

^This. I went from a 36DD to a 32DDD, and even though I went up in cup size, they are not nearly as large as they were before. I've never had back problems, but I can definitely tell the difference from losing weight (about 40 lbs). Oh, and I swear by the Moving Comfort Juno for any high impact activities (running, boot camp, etc). I like a racer back (with hooks, so I can get it on and off), and most of the larger girls' bras don't seem to be racer back.

36DD to 32DDD is actually a cup size smaller. The cup is relative to the band size. Check out sister sizes; http://www.brasize.com/bra-sister-size.html All the cups in the same row (same color) take up the same amount of volume- the only difference is the length of the band. You'll notice 32DDD is one row higher than 36DDD- that means its one size smaller in volume.

Also, I got down to the same size and started at the same size- hi twinsie :smile:
  • rubbersoul84
    rubbersoul84 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you're having pain don't wait until you lose weight. You could be wearing the wrong size bra...most women are! Check out www.reddit.com/abrathatfits. Those are some knowledgeable girls. There's a measurement and fit guide and you can post questions for a fit check.

I had the same problems as you and I was wearing the wrong size. I got a smaller band bigger cup bra and my back pain is almost totally gone as are the shoulder dents. I was wearing a 40 DD and it turns out I'm a 38 F. I lost 29 pounds and was no longer completely filling the cups on my new bras. Went down another band but same cup size and my boobs are much happier! The band should fit tight and provide most of the support.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!