Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Liquid diet = wine o'clock! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • freakhazerd2424
    freakhazerd2424 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am doing a 3 day liquid diet .....

Would love to hear yours and your ideas to better mine!!! :)

Beer. That's the best liquid diet although some are really fond of wine.

You do realize that everything you eat gets turned into liquid in your stomach. It doesn't make a difference if you blend your food before you eat it unless you have an aversion to chewing. It won't help you lose weight any faster.

?? "everything you eat gets turned into liquid in your stomach" :huh:

Where do stools come from?

The furniture store!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am doing a 3 day liquid diet (with small food in between- no "food" meals) before my weigh in on Monday. I was wondering what you all have done in terms of Liquid Diets so I can get some ideas.

For breakfast I am having a Protein Smoothie (1 scoop of powder mixed with 10oz of cold water)
    For lunch I am thinking of 1cup chicken broth, and 1 string cheese
    For a Snack I am thinking of one P3 pack
    For dinner I am thinking 1cup chicken noodle soup, and maybe a string cheese here also.
    Bedtime Snack will be a Greek YoGurt.

Would love to hear yours and your ideas to better mine!!! :)

That is not a liquid diet. String cheese is solid, everything in the P3 pack is solid, noodles and whatever dehydrated veggies are in the soup are solid.

Admit it, you just want to crash diet for a weigh in
  • ms_jen21
    ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    :noway:
    Yes I know that some of what I ate wasn't STRICTLY Liquid. I'm still new with Liquid Dieting, but I just wanted to try it out, I need to do it for 2 weeks straight prior to surgery with a STRICT Liquid diet. It shrinks your liver, which I need to do before surgery because they have to pin it back for surgery.

I appreciate the comments, even if most of them weren't what I was seeking. I'm not a alcohol drinker so Beer and Wine are out.. sorry to those who mentioned that. LOL.

I don't think I was "tricking myself" and I will admit I failed at keeping it how I listed. Like I said, it was a trial period before surgery, however I have a guideline from my surgeon on the 2 week STRICT Liquid Diet I need to do, so I know what is GOOD and what ISNT.

Would appreciate some ideas for my 2 weeks... honest ideas.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Like I said, it was a trial period before surgery, however I have a guideline from my surgeon on the 2 week STRICT Liquid Diet I need to do, so I know what is GOOD and what ISNT.

Would appreciate some ideas for my 2 weeks... honest ideas.

That needs to come from your doctor, not random strangers on the internet.

Not sure which form of weight loss surgery you picked, but one of the groups on here is probably better suited for your needs.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=bariatric+surgery
  • ms_jen21
    ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the OP's weigh-in is for her RNY pre-op ... so trying to fake the funk to make it look like she's following the plan better than she is by crash dieting in the weekend prior to seeing the doc. A foolish plan.

Yes, Its for RNY, and I have seen the surgeon already, and I am losing the weight, I am already at the -2 pounds+ needed for my weigh in, I am on "faking the funk" It was just a 3 day liquid diet, alot of my RNY/Sleeve friends do it once in a awhile. So I'm not "faking anything" or "not following the plan" LOL
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I was on a very low calorie liquid diet in 1988, just coincidentally at the same time Oprah was on hers. I lost weight quickly. Oprah succeeded well on hers.I really could relate to what she said about how even a piece of lettuce looks SO tempting, when you're on liquids only! And, what **** Gregory said while on his long-term juice fast to protest the Vietnam War-- that to be able to eat a tomato would be better than sex! You won't lose weight any more quickly on liquids than on any other diet of the same calories. It just helps with discipline by ruling out so many food options.

Edit: I see here that Mr. Gregory's first name was bleeped out! lol.Ok, RICHARD Gregory then.
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    There are some high protein clear liquids like Enlive and Breeze. If you want to feel like you are eating more solids you can freeze them and eat them like a slush.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the OP's weigh-in is for her RNY pre-op ... so trying to fake the funk to make it look like she's following the plan better than she is by crash dieting in the weekend prior to seeing the doc. A foolish plan.

Yes, Its for RNY, and I have seen the surgeon already, and I am losing the weight, I am already at the -2 pounds+ needed for my weigh in, I am on "faking the funk" It was just a 3 day liquid diet, alot of my RNY/Sleeve friends do it once in a awhile. So I'm not "faking anything" or "not following the plan" LOL

Oh ... I see you decided to include vital information hours after starting the thread. Typical of MFP. It's amazing how much more helpful the community can be if you provide crucial details such as needing to do a full liquid diet for two weeks before your surgery based on doctor's orders rather than just making it look as though you're doing a three day crash diet on a freaking whim.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Edit: I see here that Mr. Gregory's first name was bleeped out! lol.Ok, RICHARD Gregory then.

:bigsmile:
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    If your doctor ordered a two week liquid diet, they should have told you what to eat. My dad had hernia surgery and even then was given a list of foods he should and shouldn't eat. If you weren't given that info, you should call the office and ask for it.

There is no way for anyone here to know the specifics of your medical situation, which are key. Please get this information from your doctor! And good luck with your surgery...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my advice would be to skip the surgery, follow the MFP and seek out and friend some of the dozens of MFP members i've seen around here who have lost 100+ pounds without surgery.

here's one :
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1353450-290-to-178-a-new-me
  • joyroper28
    Options
    This is just my opinion ,
    I understand how extremely important weight loss is and being healthy. I myself am struggling every day, I don't always make good choices but strive to find better options. but reading all these comments are , again in my opinion, not as helpful as they may have intended to be. everyone here is on a different weight loss journey. If someone is having a weight loss surgery and you don't "agree" with it- its not your battle- be helpful and don't hinder or crucify someone for the journey they are going through. Maybe she didn't mention off the bat that this liquid diet was because of an upcoming surgery, but instead of telling her how bad an idea it is how about first questioning why? "is this for an upcoming surgery?" "was this ordered by a doctor?" .... Think about every time you might have wanted to give up because someone pointed out how stupidly you were going about things. Be more positive with your feedback people....

And as for the original post...now that we know its for weight loss surgery, I would agree that you should probably connect with a group of people that have done said surgeries, since they have been through it they might be able to give you better advice.