Bars?

Options
13»

Replies

• shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Larabars are good. You might vibe well with those.

Except they have 'soy protein' and palm oil - The OP is trying to find bars that don't contain these ingredients.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    These are amazing:

http://www.urawkenergy.com/
  • Fit4good85
    Fit4good85 Posts: 133
    Options
    I love my Kashi bars, their not protein packed if thats what your looking for but they are super yummy and tie me over. I think there's 7g of protein in the ones I eat, all the ingredients are natural but soy is listed at the far end of the ingredients list. If chocolate is what you're craving try out the dark chocolate and coconut Kashi TLC bars or the chocolate almond and sea salt ones, so good!!!! They have been instrumental to my chocolate cravings.
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I believe that Kind makes a protein bar, and they only use ingredients that are whole and natural. Whole nuts, sometimes rice, sometimes dark chocolate or vanilla or whatever.
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sooooo . . . no tequila shots then? Well, alright. I'm off to find a decent martini.

Great minds think alike. Mee too.:drinker:
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with soy? (Genuine question, I don't eat much of it and am curious. No antagonism here!)
  • 0smiile0
    0smiile0 Posts: 22
    Options
    Larabars are good too! 5 ingredients or less, no added sugar. Not a protein bar, but still a great snack!
    They're usually around 1.29-2.00 per bar or 24.00 for a box of 16 from what i've found
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Sounds more like you need a Snickers bar, if you know what I mean.
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My co-worker had a Simply Protein bar today. 150 cals 16g protein, gluten and soy free. I will try it and let you know how it goes.

I recently started with Simply bars when they appeared at my grocery store (for $2.29 each, not awful). Most peoples' only compaint is they aren't 'sweet enough'. I eat them for the protein and fiber, not the taste so it doesn't bother me.
  • Michelle_212
    Michelle_212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the Atkins Advantage Meal Replacement and Snack bars regularly. They are low net carb, high protein, reasonably priced, and many (the granola styles particularly) are very good. If you are looking to satisfy a candy bar or chocolate craving I would recommend the Triple Chocolate Bars.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with soy? (Genuine question, I don't eat much of it and am curious. No antagonism here!)

If we weren't irrationally afraid of certain foods, we'd have nothing to talk about on the forums.
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love Kind bars. Don't know specifically about brownie/chocolate ones but they taste good to me :)
  • Petrusilly
    Petrusilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    "Perfect Bar" has mostly honey and peanut butter, and protein from nonfat milk power... they run about $2.70 a bar and can be found at some Costcos and all Sprouts (I even saw them on campus when I went to ASU).

I personally know the family that owns the company and they are very committed to organic ingredients! Their dad died from cancer, so they are extremely whole-food oriented. http://www.perfectfoodsbar.com/
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

If we weren't irrationally afraid of certain foods, we'd have nothing to talk about on the forums.

I'm pretty sure that vodka kills the evil soy spirits. Or, at least makes them friendlier.
  • jennifermariemeap
    Options
    http://www.mamaandbabylove.com/2012/11/01/healthy-flourless-chocolate-cake/

They're not "bars" but they taste pretty great! Not sure of all the ingredients you are trying to avoid, but this website is an advocate for real food. Hope they work for you!
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein High Protein Bar, Chocolate Peanut Butter are my go to protein bar. Easily found for a $1.50 they are cheap, with only 300 calories, 30 grams of protein. I normally take a few with me anywhere I go and might get cravings. My general rule is that I can eat as many protein bars as I want when I go out with my friends. In general because they taste bland I end up only eating half of a bar to a full bar while my friends are eating 1000 calorie + meals I'm only eating 150-300 calories of protien.