Belly fat is hanging on

Options
I'm new here... I've been using another calorie tracker, but I like MFP much better... so today's my first day lol.

Anyhow, I've started cutting calories since March 17, 2014 and my starting weight was 163... now as of today which is July, 12, 2014 my weight is 150. I'm 5'6 and underneath the body I have a small frame.

but to think about it I only lost 13 pounds in 4 months? that sucks!

BUT I see inches falling tremendously .... the back rolls is subtracting by the week... but my stomach fat is still hanging on also the bra fat is falling real slow. There's no sagging skin or fat... it's just fatty still holding on. I know that there's no way to target fat... but is there something I can do to speed up the process.

Do you think because I don't do much cardio or workouts is the reason why It's taking longer?

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    13 pounds in four months isn't bad. Since you're 5'6 you were already in or near the normal weight range, right? So from then on, loss is very slow.

As for the belly, for a lot of us, it's the last to go, long after the fat is stripped off every other part!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    That's a healthy loss for that timeframe.
  • faeriecake
    faeriecake Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's a great amount of weight to have lost!

Now, you have probably heard over and over that you can't spot reduce -- which is true. But, I have found that weight training also helps with at least "smoothing" out my belly. It's still there, and it will be gone with more weight loss, but at least my tummy doesn't feel so doughy. So maybe some ab workouts (as well as all over weight training, can't just focus on one area!) might help you, even if it just makes you feel better about yourself! I'm a huge fan of the Jillian Michaels dvds, you can even find some of her videos on youtube!

Also, yes, do lots of cardio! I aim for 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week, and my weight loss has been around 1.5-2 pounds per week.
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    I'm new here... I've been using another calorie tracker, but I like MFP much better... so today's my first day lol.

Anyhow, I've started cutting calories since March 17, 2014 and my starting weight was 163... now as of today which is July, 12, 2014 my weight is 150. I'm 5'6 and underneath the body I have a small frame.

but to think about it I only lost 13 pounds in 4 months? that sucks!

BUT I see inches falling tremendously .... the back rolls is subtracting by the week... but my stomach fat is still hanging on also the bra fat is falling real slow. There's no sagging skin or fat... it's just fatty still holding on. I know that there's no way to target fat... but is there something I can do to speed up the process.

Do you think because I don't do much cardio or workouts is the reason why It's taking longer?

yes you can target abs, make them at least 3/week or 4 and do cardio, cause cardio is the fat killer with a good diet. limit the oil and butter to one spoon per day and carbs no more than 80 gr overall, drink pently of water like 2 liters/day and allow yourself a cheat day where you can eat more carbs or something you like with no going over 2000 calories.