Exercising daily?

Options
Hi friends! So I have a question, am I being silly forming a work out plan in which I exercise daily? In my planner, I have Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday as Couch to 5K days, Tuesday and Thursday reserved for weights, and Friday and Sunday are "fun days" where I vary things up by playing tennis, swimming...etc. I am consuming a clean 1,500 calories a day, drinking a ton of water, and doing morning yoga to relax and wake up every morning as well. What do ya think? Thank you for your knowledge and support!

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Well since you are eating a 'clean' 1500 calories per day then that is fine.

Much better than dirty 1500 calories
  • jskuhhoward
    jskuhhoward Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What I mean by "clean" is that I'm not eating pop tarts, pizza rolls, and other junk to meet that 1500 calorie goal, in case that was sarcasm directed at the terminology I used. Thanks for your response!
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    As long as you are doing different activities each day you should be fine. However, you won't be able to work yourself 100% every day. Just listen to your body and if something starts hurting back off.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it was sarcasm as you dont have to eat "clean" to lose weight.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I think you're fine to workout like that. My "rest" day is playing 18 holes of golf but I ride in a cart instead of walk. Otherwise, I'm doing different things each day. Do listen to your body though and give it a break if you feel like you need it.

Also, if that 1500 is the amount MFP gave you without any exercise, be sure to eat back some of the exercise calories you burn (hopefully being measured with a HRM vs the MFP numbers or machine numbers) to properly fuel your body and not have TOO big of a deficit.
  • jskuhhoward
    Options
    Not just about weight loss, it's about being healthy. If you 1,200 calories of crap food daily your body isn't going to like you much after x amount of years, dude. But thanks for posting purely to just post.

And Loralroae, thanks for the response.! I definitely don't want to over exert myself and end up doing more harm than good. I'll be sure to just do what I can and take the occasional day off when it's needed. :)
  • jskuhhoward
    Options
    Yeah, on swimming and tennis days, I want it to be lighter exercise more aimed at being fun and getting fresh air more, much like your golfing days! Thanks for the advise on making up calories! I'll make sure I keep myself fueled. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    rest is also important...that's actually where the fitness magic happens. I'd take it easy on your "fun" days and keep your activity fairly low key. I don't believe in just sitting around doing nothing on a rest day, but one should refrain from vigorous activity at least once if not twice per week.

I found this out the hard way and instead of taking a rest day here and there I had to take 12 weeks off of doing anything much more vigorous than walking at about 3 MPH...so a good rest day here and there isn't such a bad thing...much better than being laid up for months.
  • badcemom
    badcemom Posts: 50
    Options
    I do some sort of cardio every day (martial arts, turbo kick, Zumba, c25k) and just started doing weight training 3x per week. For me daily exercise keeps me sane (and feeling great) and allows me plenty of wiggle room as far as eating.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be okay, you just need to really pay attention to your body. I exercise every day as well, during the week it's about 20-50 mins a day and on the weekends I usually shoot for 45-60 mins but there are some days where body just needs the rest more than the workout.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I exercise every day from 45 minutes to two hours depending on the day. I vary my intensities anda atypes of exercise. Everyone tells me I look fabulous! My dietician told me to increase my protein. I feel energetic every day. I just got taken off my antideptressant after 20 years.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I think the mixture of exercise is great. I get bored quickly so do similar. I have Fridays off due to work commitments but would prefer to do something every day.
    Good luck.