under calories?

princesstiana
princesstiana Posts: 4
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
hi everyone im just wondering if any one can help what if im not having the full amount of my calories? will i still lose the weight only noticed it saying if dont have the full amount you can go into starvation mode and struggle to lose weight. Any help would be great thanks.

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    If it's only one day or so a week, you should be ok, but for the majority of the time, you need to have 1200 or more calories a day, or the body tends to believe it's in starvation mode and will "hold onto" the calories/weight.
  • It's probably not good to do...But I am always under my calories. Around 500 to 600. I have been able to loose 28 pounds since the first of Dec. I did go through a week at the end of Dec. where a did not loose anything. But then dropped 6 pounds the next week.
  • You answered your own question. If you don't have enough calories, your body will go into starvation mode. MFP already figures in a calorie deficit for you based on how much weight you want to lose per week. If you do exercise on top of that, you should be eating back those calories as well - or at least the majority of them. You can drop weight, but you will most likely gain it back if you're not practicing realistic, healthy eating habits, which includes eating the right amount of calories for your body to fuel itself.
  • I have found that to be a true fact khrys1. At one time, I had a SEVERE craving for peanut butter. I ate only one serving of it and a few days later my body decided to release 5 pounds. I was soooo happy! :happy: I'm learning to listen to what my body asks for, whether it be protien or carbs, etc. BTW - bless your heart for donating to the Locks of Love. :flowerforyou:
  • If it's only one day or so a week, you should be ok, but for the majority of the time, you need to have 1200 or more calories a day, or the body tends to believe it's in starvation mode and will "hold onto" the calories/weight.
    I agree.
  • thanks everyone for your help i started on tuesday but everyday i have been under my 1200 calories sometimes i just dont know what to have to make it up as i feel like im eating more
This discussion has been closed.