• Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This story rocks! YOU rock! :flowerforyou:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Fabulous NSV!!!!

My most recent fashion related one would be the vintage 80's ladies work clothes I found earlier today in a thrift shop...splashy cream, navy & gold printed Pendleton top that is absolutely adorable with the hideous shoulder pads removed, and a lovely lightweight dress made from a pattern out of green floral fabric but looks like something from Anthropologie today. Both are old as the hills and cost very little, and I wouldn't have dreamt of even trying those on prior to hitting my current size.
  • Magoo065
    Magoo065 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Excellent NSV!

And thanks for the laugh.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I like how you write.

I like your "voice".

Congratulations for everything!
    Me, too!

OP, I totally understand about the Old Navy guessing game. I'm 5'2", so I buy Old Navy petites, which are also online-only. Then I return the rejects to my local store. (Where they hopefully make another short girl extra happy in the clearance section.)
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I laughed all the way through this thread. Thank you all! :-)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    being larger most of my life has forced me to shop in the larger-girl stores. and let's face it, some of the clothes are straight-up ridiculous. you think you find a normal pair of jeans only to discover a winnie the pooh patch dancing across your butt. or a shirt looks adorable, but when you raise your arms, you find the tazmanian devil in your armpits. not to mention these clothes are bucko bucks. old navy plus size rocks, but they only have the online store and that is guessing game that rarely ends in my favor.

so you can appreciate i was stoked when i was able to shop at a store like macys. and i got the freaking cutest shirt, dude. so today, in the bathroom at work, the skinniest person in all of chicago stops me to tell her that she has the same exact shirt and my mind straight-up FREAKED.

wait. we have the same shirt? are you sure? because..wait. WE have the same shirt?

if this shirt didn't have such a specific design, i would have accused her of bullying. but then i remebered it was from macys. and it was ralph lauren or something hot like that. and that i could wear it because i lost more than 100 pounds and i did that because i am a boss.

i may have left out the part that i wore it to work backwards. that i commuted with throngs of chicago city-folk with my super sweet shirt backwards AS HELL. she didn't need to know that.

happy friday!

Awesome NSV!

Don't forget the ugly clothes with Tweety Bird & Eeyore.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Did any of you ever WEAR those Winnie the Pooh and Tinkerbell type plus clothes? I certainly did not. I would have sooner offed myself. Honestly I didn't find it hard to get cute and trendy or businesslike, well fitting clothes even up to size 3X and 24. Not at all. And not really much more expensive than "regular sizes".

Sorry I know that's strayed off topic...just incredulous at how often I see these things mentioned on MFP...never had a real problem...
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1 - thanks for the support. you are a bunch a dolls.

2 - i was dying reading through this at work.

how on earth did i manage to forget the eeyore-themed hoodies? or the rhinestones. SO. MANY. RHINESTONES. and the rhinestones are everywhere, too. climbing up the arm, bedazzling across the neck line.

this is what i imagine the process sounds like when creating plus-size clothing:

designer 1: so i have to make clothes for fat people. what do you think they are into?

designer 2: i'm not fat so i can't really speak to what they like, but my guess would be animated characters.

designer1: yeah, that's what i was thinking. and fat people are sort of bouncy, too. lots of pizzazz, you know?

designer2: well nothing says pizzazz like rhinestones.

designer1: or eeyore.

designer2: so true. let's cover eeyore in rhinestones!

designer1: we totally nailed this.

thanks, fat-people-designers. i love looking like i just covered a shift at six flags.

you suck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!