How do you reward yourself?

Options
What are your rewards for when you meet goal weights or mini goal weights?

I bought myself a new pair of north face running shorts for breaking through to the 130s and will be buying myself a pair of sexy lulu lemon leggings when I hit 130.

How do you reward yourself? :)

Replies

• wailana82
    wailana82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I plan to reward myself for every 5 lb mini gola I reach. Im 1.5 lbs away from my first reward. Im pretty excited about it.

Mini goal rewards...

5lbs- two new makeup products (I put myself on a makeup buying freeze)
    10lbs- new tennis shoes
    15lbs- new outfit
    20lbs- VS underwear
    25lbs- new workout clothes
    30lbs- new boots
    35lbs- Massage
    40lbs- new wardrobe

I may or may not change one or two of these, depending on when I reach the goal.
  • toloseme
    toloseme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I honestly haven't been able to come up with any rewards. The things I would want are things that would be "expensive" and if I didn't have the money to do them when I reached the appropriate goal, I'd lose interest in it. But smaller things just don't seem to have any pull for me. :/
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My reward after I hit my goal weight was to add ice cream as a daily snack :-) I love ice cream.

I am as cheap as they come so I don't usually "reward" myself with material things but I've had no choice once the inches started to go away. I've gone from a size 8-12 to a size 0-4 depending on the brand. It does feel nice to be able to fit in pretty much anything.
  • EvelineUK
    EvelineUK Posts: 97
    Options
    I haven't hit any of my goals just yet, but I get a sticker for every work out I do and a star one for every new 'personal best'. ;)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I have a few different goals. For food, if I've done good for the day I give myself a dollar. Then I bank up my dollars so I can buy something nice. It keeps me on track with my food and makes me more conscious of the things I want to spend my money on. For workouts, if I've completed my workouts for the week, I have an at home spa day. Lots of fun and very relaxing. There are bigger goals and rewards too. When I hit 130 I'm going to buy a video game I've been wanting and when I get back into my size 4 jeans, I'm either going to buy a Foreo Luna or do a couples spa day with my husband. He and I have both been working towards our weight goals and we might both hit our targets simultaneously, so the spa day is what I'm hoping for! One of the things that I do that is also a reward is taking in my old clothes when they get too big. Some of the best money I spent was learning how to sew. So I can give myself new clothes without having to spend the money to go get more. Or I can spend a very small amount at the thrift store and end up with a new outfit that fits like a dream. I love customizing my clothes and making sure they fit perfectly. So my ultimate reward when I hit my goal weight and keep it off for 2 months is to buy a really nice dress form!
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Seeing 112 on the scale will be its own reward.
  • AlyssaLoflin
    AlyssaLoflin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm only 1 pound away from my next mini goal and my reward will be a subscription to Women's Health Magazine. I love that mag and pick it up regularly except when I'm busy with school so it will be a great reward that will keep me motivated while in school too :). I've been thinking for one of my bigger goals (only 2 more) I may get new clip in hair extensions, I know that is a little weird but I've always wished my hair would grow to my hips, they make me feel extra sexy. My pics on here are my real hair, which isn't short but gets too damaged to grow really long.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I have never rewarded myself for meeting my goals. But being healthy - kicks *kitten*. It's really all I need. :drinker:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I get thinner healthier and run faster and further
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I tend to reward myself with shopping trips. There aren't any specific things I want, but I put myself on a shopping freeze for while my sizes were changing (unless necessary, ie. had to get some appropriately sized clothes for some job interviews).

So whenever I reach a goal I go buy something :) Last thing I got was a super cute maxi dress from forever21. My goal was reaching (and looking good in) a medium.

Next goal is to go from a size 12 to a size 8 (though I need to pick a specific store/brand to base this on, my sizes are all over the place right now).

(ETA who am I kidding... I got the dress I'm wearing in my profile pic, an adorable top and a teal skirt as well... also have my eye on a navy lace pencil skirt which I'm trying to wait to get but it just keeps haunting my dreams... my fear is that it won't be available when I reach 8, which I'm thinking will probably take a couple months... what if it's after the season change and it's gone :frown: I know, I have a problem... there's this navy polka dot dress from h&m as well...)
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My reward when I reach my ultimate goal weight and am confident I can keep it off is going to be a really nice black blazer. It's such an investment piece that I can't imagine dropping a few hundred dollars on one and then having it not fit after a while. I should set rewards for mini-goals, too. Right now I have a pair of shorts that fits but is a bit snug, so my current goal is for them to fit perfectly.
  • alyssamaryw
    Options
    I've decided that when I hit my goal weight I'm going to get my next tattoo! I haven't decided what I want yet, but I have plenty of time!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    reward?!? Hmmm. . . .gelato?
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    1. Biotin 500mcg once daily ( Optional, but promotes hair growth)
    2. Coconut oil twice weekly, overnight, shampoo out in the morning---otherwise, just a warm rinse and conditioner the rest of the week.
    3. Only TRIM dead ends as needed...some people will say every six weeks but not everyone cares for their hair the same way. Excessive blow drying/heat , hair products, etc will damage hair quicker.
    4. Use a wide-tooth comb. Hair brushes tend to snag and break hair. You also will want to try keeping your hair in protective do's when you're not "out"...buns are good for protecting the ends of your hair from damage.

These are a few easy things you can do for greater hair health. I hope it helps =)

^^^^@Alyssa I missed the quote button again >:(