So what are you doing with those clothes 1 size too large?

Options

Replies

• flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    1 size up, boxed up, stored away, just in case of a *temporary* backslide.
    Everything else has gone to charity shops.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I save them, especially pants. Every hormonal weight fluctuation happens in my butt region, so I need to have a few different sizes.
  • huv123
    huv123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ive had a lot of stuff taken in. When I was larger I tended to buy good quality brands that came in my size rather than the shapeless sacks a lot of plus size stores were selling - but with that came with a big price tag so I am not ready to give them away. I was lucky enough to find a dressmaker that will take in any piece (skirt/top) for $10 per item which is incredibly cheap.
  • wellingtontinker
    Options
    i kept them i had a break down last December and put all the weight i lost back on , trying again but not succeeding
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I donate everything that's too big. I don't want to keep larger sizes or I will unconsciously think it's ok to gain a few pounds.
  • parkparksarah
    Options
    I love loose clothes its very comfortable
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I sell them on ebay if they are popular or expensive brands or donate them. Or I keep them if they still look good, even if they fit differently. I am a UK size 6-8 (US 2-4) or 10 (6) depending on the garment, but I still have a wrap dress that's a size 14 (10) that fits differently to how it was designed, but I think looks much better the way I wear it. Trousers and jeans that are too big just fall off though; no point keeping those.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping 1 item that fit me at my very biggest and anything that I feel good in. The rest goes to charity. I know I now have a lifestyle change and will never go back to the weight I was.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I still wear things that are just a bit too big, belts are a wonderful thing. Waist belts cinch in tops that are just slightly too big and regular belts for pants. You could also get them taken in without having the extra fabric cut off if you're worried that you may creep back up there again.

Though at the same time, sometimes it's nice to have things that are just slightly too big. You may get bloated or what if you want to go to a buffet? lol

But if it really is playing on your mind that these are "buffer clothes" and you feel it might make you feel complacent towards gaining weight again then just getting rid of them may be the best option.
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sell them on Ebay - use the money to buy new ones that fit me!
  • Shimmysista
    Shimmysista Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    me and my family circulate clothing :D (sisters, sister in law or nieces even an uncle who digs womans jeans for the bum room lol)Theres always one who is gaining, one who is losing or one that is growing :D
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Many things!

First of all, when I buy clothing, I buy them in sizes I know I will be for another 10-20 pounds. At the beginning of this current journey (Jan, 2014), I was basically just wearing my yoga pants and baggy tops. I refused to buy anything because I was mad at myself for going over 200 pounds. It probably was not a healthy frame of mind, but luckily I am now down to the low 170 range, which for me allows me to wear size 10 or tight mediums. Therefore, I buy things I will 'grow into' - they may be a little tight now but after some time they will be good.

Anything I don't want anymore or doesn't look good on me anymore I offer to my sister, and if she doesn't want it, I give it to Value Village. I shop there anyway and only buy articles of clothing for under 15$, unless it is American Eagle :3. I'm a cheap-stake (sp?)

I have some extra larger pants and sweaters that I have still, I wear them to bed or whatever.
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If the item is to big for comfortable wearing, it GOES. In fact, it is a celebration. Within a week they were boxed up and donated. I became more determined when my hubby and good friend suggested I keep the clothing so I'll have clothes when I get big again. My generally good supporters became doubters. So yes I remove the clothes.

I do love the ideas of changing the fit and/or repurposing them that others posted. I wear jeans a lot. I am considering in making a quilt out of the jeans.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I do keep a few t-shirts around just for laughs. They are men's Old Navy XXL and I now wear a men's M if shopping for that kind of casual tee. It is pretty funny to put them on...I just wear them when coloring my hair at home, because I'll throw 'em away if they get stained from the dye. They are like short dresses now and twice as wide as they should be. I never understood in the past when my friends joked that huge tees would be like a dress on them, and now i get it!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Craigslist
    Varagesale
    Home Clothing Sale garage sale style

This is what I do with clothing that doesn't fit but is in excellent shape
  • knicho21
    knicho21 Posts: 2
    Options
    I sell mine on Ebay :) makes buying all the new smaller clothes less financial stress so it's as exciting as it should be!
  • Thickivory
    Thickivory Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have kept a few items of cloth that are alittle to big for those "just in case" moments where I might gain weight. Not saying you will but for example I hit my 50lb loss last year and in August I found out I was pregnant. I kept a few of my bigger clothes that I am now wearing until can lose the 20 lbs that I gained. ya never know:) happy loss!
  • NYGiantsGirl73
    Options
    Right now, I'm wearing everything that won't fall off of my butt because I can't afford to replace my entire wardrobe. Everything else is either getting consigned or sent right to the Rescue Mission for donation. I'm down to 20% of my original clothing stock.

I won't keep any larger clothes for a "just in case"...I'm not giving myself any excuse or room to give on the matter.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wear them.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    keeping mine, because I get very bloated when it is that time of the month and I can't afford to throw all of my pants for work away and all of my weekend wear away and buy a brand new wardrobe. Just a bit at a time.