Belly Tips

Options
2»

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    So heavy lifting and Patience it is!!! Thanks :)

Yes! She gets it!

applause.gif?w=460
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Ok Cardio, heavy lifting and calorie deficit... Got it!!!
  • bfanny
    Options

Yes! She gets it!

applause.gif?w=460

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much!!!
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    this is AMAZING! that calculator makes so much sense. Thank you for sharing :smile:
  • bfanny
    Options

I know it sucks. After giving birth to two very large babies while I was obese I didn't think I would ever see abs. Took 3 years, but it finally happened.

Is that you on the picture???
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I know it sucks. After giving birth to two very large babies while I was obese I didn't think I would ever see abs. Took 3 years, but it finally happened.

Yep! That's me!
  • bfanny
    Options

Yep! That's me!
    WOW how AMAZING!!! Me I ask out of curiosity where is your weight on the BMI chart? Low, medium end?
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Yep! That's me!
    WOW how AMAZING!!! Me I ask out of curiosity where is your weight on the BMI chart? Low, medium end?

I'm overweight on the BMI chart. I weigh 180 pounds with 21% body fat (so 142 pounds of lean mass). I'm 5'9".
  • bfanny
    Options
    Overweight??? LOL No way !!! And after 2 babies you give me hope :) Great job!
  • usmcmp
    Options

Thank you! Now you see why for athletes BMI doesn't work. Strength training should be used by more women, but there's the myth that women will get bulky. Keep working at it and trying to learn from others. You'll get there eventually.
  • bfanny
    Options
    Now I believe it! I was thinking that it was an excuse, you know big bones etc, etc I'll keep working on it, hoping to be a success story around here like many others, with pictures and all ;) Thanks again!
    @ OP Opps sorry for taking over your thread :flowerforyou:
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

Thank you! Now you see why for athletes BMI doesn't work. Strength training should be used by more women, but there's the myth that women will get bulky. Keep working at it and trying to learn from others. You'll get there eventually.

I'm not afraid I'll get bulky, I just hate lifting weights. I find it so boring and tedious. LOL
  • usmcmp
    Options

I'm not afraid I'll get bulky, I just hate lifting weights. I find it so boring and tedious. LOL

It's possible that you tried the wrong program or that you need something more like circuit training or even crossfit (although I personally hate crossfit). I hate running. I find it boring and tedious, but I do it anyway because it's good for me.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

It's possible that you tried the wrong program or that you need something more like circuit training or even crossfit (although I personally hate crossfit). I hate running. I find it boring and tedious, but I do it anyway because it's good for me.

This. I also find going to work and brushing my teeth boring and tedious, but I do it because I like the results it gives me. (money and good dental hygiene) Sometimes you have to do things you'd rather not do for a beneficial result. That's life.
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thanks for info people. I am moving in September and selling everything I have right now. Heavy weights are in the future for me but pretty much just some free weights to keep me going with my squats dead and lunges. I also use frees for ohp, flys and such...I just really needed to lose weight first and this has been achieved. Just want belly gone but don't wanna have to lose 15 more lbs for it to be gone.