Ramadan before and after weights

Options
first of all, happy Ramadan to all the Muslims out there! i thought that this year it would be a little fun to post our before and after weights fro Ramadan, to see how much weight people gain/lose throughout the month. Ready, set,go!

Replies

• lilotito
    lilotito Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy Ramadan :)
    Today is the first day, my weight is 96.5 kg, see you in 30 days :)
  • 15Nov2013
    15Nov2013 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Happy Ramadan to you

You can read about intermittent fasting ... it's not exactly the same thing (water for example) but it's pretty close ... i found out that it's possible to change your perception from Ramadan being a hindrance to your fitness goals and routine to it being a new opportunity

Good luck
  • sadeestyle
    sadeestyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Happy ramadan I'm 162 lbs now hoping to lose weight in ramadan insh shaa Allah will get back to you after eid. Please share some tips or healthy foods which keep us fuller over a day while fasting.
  • GirlOnAMission94
    GirlOnAMission94 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Assalamu Aleikum!

Ramadan Mubarak to you all :heart:

My weight on day 1 of Ramadan is 97.4 kgs or 214.73 lbs

Weight loss goal for Ramadan is 15 lbs, In shaa Allah I'll get to onederland by Eid!
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Assalamu alaikum! Today is my second day fasting and im already down 2.5 lbs haha. A tip for anybody trying to lose weight this month would be to start off your iftar/suhoor by drinking 1-2 bottles of water, which will fill u up tremendously. Afterwards, have a bowl of soup and/or a plate of salad. By the time you complete this, you will most likely already feel extremely full and are free to have whatever main meal/dessert there is. Again, Ramadan Mubarak!
  • GirlOnAMission94
    GirlOnAMission94 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, I must have been carrying a huge amount of water weight or something because I am down 5.3 lbs!

Day 1: 214.7 lbs
    Day 2: 209.4 lbs
  • swertyqwerty
    swertyqwerty Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Happy ramadan.
    My weight now is 144 lbs. I'll post back after the month is over.
  • lilotito
    lilotito Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's 69.5 not 96.5 Lol
  • amirahdaboss
    Options
    salam all,
    just an update
    starting weight(for ramadan): 148.5 lbs
    current weight:144 lbs
    goal weight for ramadan: 139.9 lbs
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    SalamuAlikum everyone :)

in the first week of Ramadan I almost lost 3 Kg ( 6 pounds) .. didnt weight myself yet for the second week, waiting anxiously for Sunday :)

Ramadan Kareem :flowerforyou:
  • Cuna77
    Cuna77 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Asalamu Alaikum,
    Didn't lose any they go up and down.
    We have iftars at masjid and my body doesn't like eating at night.
    Hopefully I won't gain any.
    Not fasting everyday so maybe I can control on those days when I don't have to eat late.
    Ramadan Mubarak from Vermont!
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Somehow I have simply maintained. Hoping to lose something iA. We will see by the end of Ramadan!
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Salams! Just saw this thread! I was 226.6 on Day 1 of Ramadan, going to weigh myself again on Eid inshaAllah!
  • tnd1
    tnd1 Posts: 19
    Options
    Asalaam alaikum everybody.

i have lost at least 6lbs since Ramadan started.

My current clothes are feeling looser and my old clothes are getting close to fitting again :-)

hope everybody has a successful Ramadan
  • deda22
    deda22 Posts: 3
    Options
    Asalamu alaykum,

Thanks to who ever created this post. I was looking for some threads before ramadan to share ideas on how to lose weight during this month. Down 6 lbs since day 1. 15 more days to go and I do hope for another 6 lb lost. I'll get back on here when I weight myself first thing on eid. ???? do any of you workout too? Or just eat clean? I have zero energy to get my workouts in.

Ramadan Mubarak to y'all
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I can't fast completely due to chronic illness and medications, but I try to fast for part of the day. I've lost about 2 lbs so far. I'd like to gain. Soon, isA.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    just found this thread.. ok so ii went from 126lbs to 122lbs to 124lbs :| (TOM days)
    in the first week i lost 3lbs.. and another lbs just the other week.
    ramdan mubarak to you all :)
  • Rockky86
    Rockky86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    june 28 - 194
    today - 191
  • amirahdaboss
    Options
    june 28- 148.5 lbs
    today- 142.5 lbs
    hoping for 130's by eid inshallah
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    june 28- 148.5 lbs
    today- 142.5 lbs
    hoping for 130's by eid inshallah

18.5 lbs in 30 days is kind of dangerous.
    what she meant is she'd like to be less than 140 on eid INSHA ALLAH .. like 139.. 138.. 135 whatever.. not 130 exactly :)