Need paleo friends, also how

Options
much of each carb/fat/protein should be eaten each day? This is my second go on paleo, and so far, so good. No cravings, have stocked pantry (and cleaned pantry) and I'm not grouchy. But I don't know if my percentages are right, and I'm having a hard time eating as much as I think I should.

I'd like to be in touch with folks, if only to read about your experiences and support (if a newbie can offer support) others. Please friend me. Thanks

Replies

• emmaalyssaa
    emmaalyssaa Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Technically you're not suppose to count calories on Paleo. But I do understand that sometimes you can eat too much.. even if it's a good thing.

For the most part I follow Marksdailyapple way of carbs. I try to eat less than 80g of carbs. Then whatever is left over I usually split between Fat and Protein... but more on the fat side.

Basically tweak it to what feels right. Eating a good amount of fat and protein will def keep you fuller longer :) Good luck!
  • tk101259
    tk101259 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I'm a newbie to Paleo too, I'm three months in. I've found eating more fat dense foods and still counting calories works for me. A typical day for me would be 1 boiled egg for breakfast with 1/2 an avocado, and an expresso with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of butter in it. Then lunch is a chicken salad, with the other half an avo, dinner is basically meat and three veg, I snack on macadamia nuts, and no more then 2 pieces of fruit.
    I find I have to do a bit of cooking on the weekends to add variety to my diet.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Technically you're not suppose to count calories on Paleo. But I do understand that sometimes you can eat too much.. even if it's a good thing.

Then how are you supposed to bulk on Paleo?