Don't Drink Your Calories

124»

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    1200? Are you 5? That's what a 5 year old needs!

If you haven't already, work out your TDEE and subtract 20% from that. Just eat at that. 1200 is way too low, that's for a 5 year olds sort of caloric needs. And, you'll be very tired on that.

Drinking calories is fine as long it isn't too many, I try and fit in a glass of coke every day and its fine. 1200.. too low
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Hey guys - The only way I can seem to keep to my LOW goal of 1,200 calories a day is to completely eliminate any calories from beverages. I can only drink so much water and iced tea, and I'm not a fan of diet cola. Am I missing any great solutions out there that I should know about?

Thanks
    Doug

I'll skip the "OMG1200" reply since so many others have already said what I would. To answer your question...

http://www.makeitmio.com/ - I use these in my water every day. The orange one tastes like Tang!
  • vha2
    vha2 Posts: 64 Member
    Hey guys - The only way I can seem to keep to my LOW goal of 1,200 calories a day is to completely eliminate any calories from beverages. I can only drink so much water and iced tea, and I'm not a fan of diet cola. Am I missing any great solutions out there that I should know about?

Thanks
    Doug

Another option is coconut water - 40cal per 200ml.
  • HeyMae75
    HeyMae75 Posts: 18 Member
    I also hate the taste of diet soda. I have yet to find any artificial sweetener that I can tolerate the taste of. I cut cola & sweet tea(aka southern crack) out completely & cold turkey the day I found out I was diabetic. I drank nothing but water & coffee for a month & then I found MINUTE MAID LIGHT LEMONADE in the 12 oz cans, it has 5 calories per can & does not taste like artificial sweetener. I tried it, liked it, it went on sale & I bought 15 twelve packs ! I was just so happy to have something other than water !

I still drink 8-10 glasses of water a day & I don't mind water but having the option for something else sometimes sure is nice.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    The OP starts a thread that brings up serious questions then doesn't come back within the first three days .... hmmmm.