having trouble eating 1200 cals....

Options
I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble eating their daily goal calories. I'm a bit of an extremist... when I'm overeating/binge eating, I'm unstoppable, I can shut a buffet down, or at least, I've had the kitchen cooks come out of the kitchen and look through the artificial plants at me. But when the pendulum swings I'm OCD about eating healthy. So, now that I'm eating healthier and counting my calories, I'm not always hungry. I feel full and sometimes can't eat my daily 1200 calories. I would be forcing myself to eat to hit 1200 and that makes me feel somewhat sick and force fed.

any suggestions???

Replies

• chaotexe
    chaotexe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating more, maybe you could try eating things that are more calorie dense?

For example, go ahead and use the extra condiments, or have a bit more meat on your plate, or substitute a meal's water with something richer, like milk or whathaveyou.

Small changes can help. And eating healthy doesn't mean you have to cut out every single little possible (in)significant unhealthy thing. Just moderation.
  • chelle7870
    chelle7870 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ooouuuuuhhhh..... Good idea.... i could have a glass of almond milk or maybe some cheese and a few olives....

Thanks, that was great advice...
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    what are you eating right now? add more olive oil to things. nuts. peanut butter. coconut milk. I don't know how far below 1200 you're averaging, but adding full fat dairy can make a difference if you're just a little shy of your target.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    i just ate over 1300 for dinner
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    First of all you asked for advice, no reason to be nasty if someone makes a suggestion. Second, most of the people on here are not medical professionals. It sounds like you need to speak to a professional counselor or doctor which is my SUGGESTION. This is not only about calories, but the way you view food. Forget the calories, it sounds like you don't have a good view of food. You either binge or try to starve yourself. Trying to get people to agree with what you're doing isn't going to help your situation. Please go see someone! Best wishes to you on your journey.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    First of all you asked for advice, no reason to be nasty if someone makes a suggestion. Second, most of the people on here are not medical professionals. It sounds like you need to speak to a professional counselor or doctor which is my SUGGESTION. This is not only about calories, but the way you view food. Forget the calories, it sounds like you don't have a good view of food. You either binge or try to starve yourself. Trying to get people to agree with what you're doing isn't going to help your situation. Please go see someone! Best wishes to you on your journey.

I don't think OP was being nasty. Hello?
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

WTH are you talking about? Seriously.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Lost me there.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

WTH are you talking about? Seriously.

Unless a mod nuked a post of the OP's that is no longer there, I don't understand why anyone thought OP was being nasty to anyone.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options

XcVW3MG.gif
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am so freakishly like you it's not even funny! Either I'm psychotically over my calories, or freakishly under. Also, after a binge day (I had a friend's birthday at Outback the other day and went balls to the wall about it) I am still so residually full that I can't eat so much the next day. I definitely agree with what the first commenter said about adding more calorie dense foods. Go with the full-fat dressing, go with the whole avocado. Best way to do it! Just don't beat yourself up for not being absolutely perfect with calorie counting. One day you could want 1,200--on a workout day you may need more like 1,500. Don't beat yourself up about the miniscule difference- just listen to your body. It knows best :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Often when people say that they can't get to 1200 calories, they are overdoing the "diet" type foods and not eating enough rich protein sources or healthy fats. Sautéeing veggies in butter, roasting in a bit of olive oil, having a bit of cheese or peanut butter or an ounce of nuts. . . those are good ways of upping the calories a bit without resorting to eating the extra calories in empty food.
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    ooouuuuuhhhh..... Good idea.... i could have a glass of almond milk or maybe some cheese and a few olives....

That's nice????
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

That's nice????
    um.

YES.
  • basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you aren't feeling hungry or tired then I don't see the point in forcing yourself to eat. I am generally at about 900-1100 calories. I am losing weight so I know I am not in starvation mode. I don't even know if I really believe in the whole starvation mode thing. If it IS a real thing I think you would have to be below like 500-600 calories a day to get there.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Show me where OP touched you...
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    my suggestion is to earn exercise calories so you can eat more than 1200. You can also try preplanning your meals ahead of time before you are hungry. Eat more frequent but smaller meals.Work on downing down your 64 oz of water each day , and don't count drinks as water unless its actually water. THis helps to squash the munchies. Find ways to cut calories and add in vegies to each meal for more bulk that has low calories but fills you up longer. Get a good nights sleep too. Don't stay up messing around if you don't have to. Night time is for sleeping and fasting. 1200 cals without exercise is near impossible to follow so go for a walk or swim or ciderella them floors at home. Get sweaty so You can get healthy and eat more in return.
  • kasimarie29
    kasimarie29 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. My goal is 1500 a day and most of the time I'm anywhere from 900 to 1100 lol not including what comes off for exercise. it's fine for me. as long as you eat when you're hungry and not starving yourself then I think you'll be okay.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

That's nice????

roid-rage-o.gif
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

That's nice????

Um......yeah. It is.

Trolling this evening?