Home gym exercisers

Options
dgbrown13
dgbrown13 Posts: 19 Member
I work out at home on my treadmill and stair master and weight machine 5 + days a week. Is there anyone who works out at home exclusively instead of going to a gym?

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Not exclusively, but I work out at home more than at the gym... it's more convenient. I have a squat rack, a bench, and a treadmill. Wish I had space and money for a power rack and a rowing machine; then I'd probably never bother with the gym at all once my trainer sessions run out.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also do the treadmill and I have an ab routine I do. There are tons of 7 minute ab videos online. I also do sets of pushups, squats and lunges. I've heard really good things about resistance band exercises you might want to look into.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I do, have heavy weights, treadmill, stationary bike, aerobic step, pilates and exercise balls, mats, nordic walking poles, bunch of other stuff.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I do. Treadmill here.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Same here...bench/rack with leg extension/curl attachment, plates, bar, Swiss ball, stationary bike and elliptical. I haven't been to a gym in over two years. More convenient, and much cheaper this way.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    yup, i workout at home. I bought a weight set, bar and squat rack, and i have adjustable dumbbells that go up to 52.5 lbs each. A few months back i bought an adjustable bench with a leg extension on it, but apparently i am too lazy to put it together so i use my massage table with a step on top as my bench.

I also have cardio equipment (bosu ball, a stepper, an "air walker", a rowing machine & a stationary bike) but i haven't been using them in quite some time. just strength training right now.
  • Sinful_moon
    Sinful_moon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I workout exclusively at home, unless of course it's going for a walk then I hit the streets.

I think I've only been in a commercial gym six times my whole fitness life!
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Yep. I do Zumba a few times a week with my Wii. I strength train in between with free weights/bar/bench or bodyweight etc.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, went to a gym for a free day trial hated it... took the money I would have spent and started buying what I wanted. Weights, bench, rack, stationary bike, elliptical (that works good to hang a towel on cause I don't use it)

With that and my regular bike I'm pretty set.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was a member at Orange Theory and was going to the gym quite a bit, but recently I've been utilizing my home gym only. Treadmill, spin bike, weight set, DVDs, etc. I'm selling the treadmill and bike so that my workout room can become a nursery though, so I will focus on some Beach Body DVDs, home exercise routines I've found on Pinterest, & jogs/walks outside until I'm ready to join a gym again (if I even need to)
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I aint been gym in like 4 years lol. I workout at home I have, Dumbbells, abb trainer, gym ball, gym mat, resistant bands and afew other portable toning devices. I don't see any reason to pay to exercise when I can do it free at home and not worry about traveling to one. Plus there is tons of home workout DVD's on the market so not really any reason to go gym.

Remember as long as your committed you can get just a good of a workout in at home, maybe even better. :drinker:
  • jelawton3
    jelawton3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I workout at home as well.

Using an old laptop as dvd player and these tools as well.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I plan on it as soon as I have a house to build a weight room in.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I workout at home as well.

Using an old laptop as dvd player and these tools as well.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Looks great, but you're gonna want some heavier weights, STAT.
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Me! I don't see the point in paying for a gym when I can do it for free in my pjs at home/.:p
    I use Youtube. There are many great work out channels. I'll link my favorite.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessBlender

https://www.youtube.com/user/XFitDaily

https://www.youtube.com/user/Gymra1

https://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I do. I only workout at home because gyms are too far away and cost too much for me. The challenges of living in the country. On the bright side there are lots of trails to walk where I am. I have a treadmill and create my own weights by adding lots of books into bags and weighing them. I am saving up to by some more free weights to use. Other than that I just do bodyweight exerscies and walk on my treadmill or outdoors. It seems to work for me!

-LUOY:flowerforyou:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight never having to go to a gym. I have dumbbells, barbell and a weight bench. Thanks to Beachbody dvds, Jillian Michaels and Youtube, I have a variety of workouts.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i work out at home on an exercise bike, with free weights and resistance bands, plus plenty of walking and stuff like situps (weighted and not).
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

004.jpg

Dude, how do you incorporate the flashlight into your workout?
  • OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I do a bit of gym, and work out at home with resistance bands and fitness ball. http://www.thera-bandacademy.com/default.aspx has heaps of exercises for all sorts of equipment.