Counting exercise points for machine workout at gym??

Options
Hello, I worked out today and when I went to add it in as exercise, each machine was listed separately which makes it difficult because you have to remember each machine name, the number of sets, reps and weight for each piece of equipment. There must be a better way????? How does everyone else do it? Do tell this novice MFP user. Thanks so much! I'm looking for some friends as well if you are interested. :o)

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I create a workout plan in excel (or print one off of bodybuilding.com for free). I take that with me to record things and when I log here I just log it under cardio as strength training.
  • kasimarie29
    kasimarie29 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't do that. because it doesn't count as burned calories. I just count however long I did it as weight training under cardio vascular. because lifting does burn calories so i want them to show lol
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    MFP's strength training log is pretty lacking. I was never a fan. I use a notebook to keep track of my weights/reps/sets. I don't bother to put them in here because logging under the strength section does not give you any calorie values.
    I logged the general "strength training" under the cardio section to log my exercise and get a calorie value.

There are other apps people use for tracking strength training, I just use paper.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Hello, I worked out today and when I went to add it in as exercise, each machine was listed separately which makes it difficult because you have to remember each machine name, the number of sets, reps and weight for each piece of equipment. There must be a better way????? How does everyone else do it? Do tell this novice MFP user. Thanks so much! I'm looking for some friends as well if you are interested. :o)

I also use a notebook to keep track of sets, reps and amount of weight for each machine/exercise. As far as logging calories burned during weight training, I log it under the cardio section.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I use my phone, take a picture of the machine with the camera and add a tag on the picture of what I did and how long it took
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I have to figure it out myself but for now I entered it as "curves circuit training" even though I was not at curves.