petite girl on a mission

Options
hey, im a petite girl who wants to start losing weight. Im 5'0 and im 124 right now and im VERY unhappy with my weight. I want the weight gone. Like i just cant sit around anymore and I really need to lose the weight. My goal is to get to 100 pounds and I was wondering if anyone had weightloss ideas and/or tips for a petite girl to lose weight. Any and every opinion makes all the difference to me. Thanks so much!

Replies

• breemessersmith
    Options
    I'm on the exact same mission! I'm currently 106 pounds at 5'1 and I want to get down to 100 pounds.
  • MutedBeagle
    Options
    I'm between 5'2 and 5'3" and I'm 121 pounds aiming for 109 pounds. As a short person (or just about anyone, these days) it's important to remember that the serving sizes they give you in restaurants are a lot bigger than what you need. One thing I always used to do, though, is buy a giant burrito bowl from Chipotle and 1/3 of the bowl every night for three nights. that way the serving size isn't too big and you save dinner money, too. Plus, Chipotle=Yum.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Get a digital food scale, and weigh everything you eat—even packaged food.

Read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • wallacehk
    wallacehk Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I *think* I'm around 120 pounds (my scales have run out of batteries). I would definitely like to get closer to 100 pounds.
    Add me if you'd like.
  • Emmiejayne90
    Options
    Hello! im 5'2! Currently weigh 121lbs! I'd like to get down to 112lbs!
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Hi! Same here! I started my diet July 5 @ 121 lbs. I am 5' 3 1/2" and my goal weight is 112. I have not updated my ticker because I am not going to weigh myself till August. My diary is set to public view. It is one day ahead because I log after midnight.Best advice: Count every single calorie! I snack on sugar-free pickles and sip diet soda. I buy Pringles chips because they are uniform in size and therefore I can count them out one-by-one to get an exact calorie count.
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought this was a gag post. Just 121 pounds at 5'1" and you are "very unhappy?" I am the same height and will be happy at 130.
    :noway:
  • annie_adcock
    Options
    Hi!! I'm slightly similar as I am 5"2, 134lbs and trying to get down to 120 :) feel free to add me :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought this was a gag post. Just 121 pounds at 5'1" and you are "very unhappy?" I am the same height and will be happy at 130.
    Go to mybodygallery.com to see how very different any two people can look at the same height & weight—even the same clothing size!

The more you know.
  • omgmounicaa
    omgmounicaa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi, i got locked out of my other account. To the girl who thinks its unfair/ unreasonable that I'm 124 pounds all I have to say is that this is MY concern. I understand i'm not overweight and I understand that this isnt detrimental. But to me, I feel like im unhealthy right now and I want to lose some weight. Thank you everyone for your support, i'll def. be adding some people for support and ideas!
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and started around 115-120, also feeling quite disgusted with my appearance. I'm about 105 now and while I could be thinner (I think my body fat is a bit high still) I am pretty happy. I got to 102 and my hormonal balance really started to suffer, so I gained a bit back and those issues have gone away. I'm starting weight training to see if I can look more the way I want to look while remaining around 105 rather than dieting down to 100 or so.

It's no harder or easier for short people to lose weight. BUT every pound gained or lost is really visible!

Don't freak out if you weigh yourself around your period or the day after a heavy workout and you've apparently gained weight. It's water retention.

And, read the sexypants post that someone linked to earlier. :)
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm short. 5'0". Be consistent, be patient, and be determined. Cut back on sugar and other white processed foods like bread, rice, crackers, cereal, etc. Also, make sure you work out. You probably won't like your body at any weight unless you are toned. Good luck.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I think there are many more things in life to be "very unhappy" about than this. Oh the innocence of youth.

Value your health, eat moderately, exercise, do meaningful work, care about people, and get your focus off of yourself.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Go to mybodygallery.com to see how very different any two people can look at the same height & weight—even the same clothing size!

The more you know.

1) Preach, SherryTeach :)
    2) I am 5'1" and I skimmed the low 130s at my highest weight. My build is small. So for me, that extra weight definitely made a difference. For others, the low 130s at 5'1" will be perfect.
    3) Sexypants link STAT
    4) Find a balance as Sherry stated.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options

The more you know.

2) I am 5'1" and I skimmed the low 130s at my highest weight. My build is small. So for me, that extra weight definitely made a difference. For others, the low 130s at 5'1" will be perfect.
    3) Sexypants link STAT

Yes, well I am 5'1" and went from 136 to 104. I wasn't pleased to have crept up to that, but in the scheme of things, I've had lots worse things happen to me than to discover a few extra pounds.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy stuff!! I'm 5'1" and I look better now at 108 lbs than I did when I weighed 95. I was very "skinnyfat" even with an eating disorder. Now I'm 'heavier' but I'm fitting back in my old clothes and I look better in them because I've got more muscle. Still a lot of work to do to be where I want, but I can attest that you should NOT be afraid of the barbell. Dieting can stink, especially when you're tiny and don't get many calories/day, but lifting will seriously help with your figure without having to starve yourself :)
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and a little under 105 today. I've weighed much less in the past. Intermittent Fasting has worked for me when I kept my calories around 1,100. I'm currently trying a program at Fitocracy in which I'm eating a high protein diet and eating around 1,400.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options

The more you know.

3) Sexypants link STAT

Yes, well I am 5'1" and went from 136 to 104. I wasn't pleased to have crept up to that, but in the scheme of things, I've had lots worse things happen to me than to discover a few extra pounds.

I'm with ya! Sorry, I edited and meant to also 'quote' you. :wink:
  • Verdenal
    Options

I've been to that site before and always find it extremely depressing. My body weight distribution is quite different and parts of me look much heavier at the same weight. I need to weigh less than the average woman my size because of how I carry my weight.

I cannot imagine weighing 121 pounds. I've never been anywhere near that. I feel very uncomfortable at 108.
  • Verdenal
    Options
    hi, i got locked out of my other account. To the girl who thinks its unfair/ unreasonable that I'm 124 pounds all I have to say is that this is MY concern. I understand i'm not overweight and I understand that this isnt detrimental. But to me, I feel like im unhealthy right now and I want to lose some weight. Thank you everyone for your support, i'll def. be adding some people for support and ideas!

Assuming your diet is healthy, only you can decide what your standard should be.