BIG BOOBIES ! ! ! SUPPORT NEEDED

Options
Okay I am top heavy . . . 40 DD! They go well with my body now. Boobies are composed of adipose tissue (fat) So I am hoping with my weight loss comes a decrease in bust size. My next concern is finding a sports bra to use when I am exercising. I sooooo hate to do the jumping jacks on the P90x DVD, jogging, jump rope, and others ! ! ! My boobies go bopidy bop :laugh: . I can't afford to wear my Lane Bryant bras while working out they need to be preserved (very expensive) geezzzzzz!!

Now MFP what type of sports bra support do you recommend/have? Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kayleed7495
    Options
    Hey, I am also very top heavy, I'm also a 40DD. If you go to ****s sporting goods stores, you can find alot of nice sports bras. I used to have the same problems, when i jogged they would hit me in the face, OUCH! i have gotten most of my sports bras at ****s. I hope this has helped.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I'm 38 DD and I have to wear two bras when I work out (one under-wire and one sports bra). =(
  • loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Try wearing a regular bra and then a sport bra that is tight fitting over that. It does help. Also I have used a compression bandage when I run! I am top heavy too
  • resptech97
    Options
    LOLOLOL Thanks I needed that laugh! I am not exactly in the same position as you but I have lost alot of weight and well lets just say things tend to flop and do the bopidy bop thing a little more than they used to! Its actually a little painful. But I got a sports bra from walmart that helps out a little. I dont know the brand name or anything. It did help to get a size smaller than what I thought I would wear. It tends to hold down the bopidy bop some....LOLOLOLOL
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi Big Boobies!!! I'm right there with ya! I've found that Champion makes some really great sports bras for busty ladies...and they're around 30 bucks!
    Here's there website: http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Categories/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion.aspx

Good luck!!! :happy:
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    theres very supportive bra's at ****s sporting goods! they're made by under armour? they have a very thick back strap, and cris cross in the back.
  • amstein18
    amstein18 Posts: 131
    Options
    DOUBLE UP!!! i always wear two! usually a heavy duty one underneath a simple one from Target or somewhere.

Check out this website..... http://www.titlenine.com/category/bounce/sports-bras-sport-support-clothing.do?nType=3

I myself use the "wired and ready for action" and I've heard others on this site say how great the "last resort sports bra" is!

I was a 36DDD when I started losing weight (have since dropped down to a 36DD) so I can DEFINITELY relate to how you're feeling. I highly recommend that site :)
  • adriannz
    adriannz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! When I started I was spilling out of far-too-small 38DD bras. I'm now comfortably in a 36D and I'll need to go down again sooner or later. (Sooner, hopefully! I want to get rid of these puppies!)

I've never found a sports bra that I'm not flopping around in, so what I do is I wear an old raggedy one underneath a sports bra. The combination of the two works wonderfully for me. So, for you, if someone else doesn't have a better suggestion - or if it still doesn't work for you - try buying a cheaper bra and trying it that way.
  • jessmo803
    Options
    I got a Danskin sports bra from WalMart. I'm top heavy as well and the girls kinda hurt when I bounced around doing Zumba!
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm rather busty as well. I've researched sports bras before purchasing one. I found a wonderful bra. its ugly.. but it does the trick! Its an ENELL sportsbra and has like 20 clasps on it... no joke. Its highly recommend in many fitness magazines and its Oprah recommended too. It cost about $60. LOVE IT!! Its like duct taping the "girls" down!
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    the enell bra is the same as the "last resort" bra!

Really is amazing!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If you are more than a DD you can't really get use from most easily available sports bras. Plus they don't come big enough!

I lost a lot of weight on top, thank goodness! But I know that a sports bra is a challenge for women! My daughter can't find her size in stores, so had to go online. After DD you are stuck with some poor choices, especially if you don't live in a city.

I bought her one from this website and I thought it might help others here. The brand is Enell, she said it's the best ever ever ever, and once in it you are in armor and nothing is going to move! Like a tank! Besides it has lasted and still works/looks just the same more than a year or 2 after buying it. I used this website for her, it took weeks to come, otherwise okay, so research websites before buying and look for other websites for the name brand Enell, I've heard comments from other big boobies women that this is the best!

http://www.biggerbras.com/enell-sports-bra/enell-sports-bra-enl-enell.shtml?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=ENL-enell
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    DOUBLE UP!!! i always wear two! usually a heavy duty one underneath a simple one from Target or somewhere.

Check out this website..... http://www.titlenine.com/category/bounce/sports-bras-sport-support-clothing.do?nType=3

I myself use the "wired and ready for action" and I've heard others on this site say how great the "last resort sports bra" is!
    YES!! The Last Resort Bra by Enell is GREAT! It truly does work. However, I feel like I can't breathe when I wear it. So, I wear a cheap cross back Champion one from Target with a Moving Comfort Fiona bra on top of it. I am 32DD & I do Insanity, PlyoX, Turbo Fire....
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 DD and I have to wear two bras when I work out (one under-wire and one sports bra). =(

Me too (DD) me too (one under-wire and one sports bra)!

My girls are much smaller than they use to be and getting smaller everyday! Yours will go down in size also, Im sure.
  • seemichellerun
    Options

Me too (DD) me too (one under-wire and one sports bra)!

My girls are much smaller than they use to be and getting smaller everyday! Yours will go down in size also, Im sure.

Are you talking to the OP or me? For me, they will not change without surgery. They were this big when I was 125lbs and in college and 183lbs when I was 9 months pregnant with my son. I'm a perfect candidate for reduction surgery and when I get to my goal weight my insurance will probably cover the cost.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    34-36DD here and I always recommend the ENELL! Can't say enough good things about it. No movement--NONE when doing jumping jacks or running and because it comes down so far on the torso it takes a lot of pressure off of the lower back too. I love it! I've had mine for eight months now and the only signs of wear it has are the paint chipping off of the hooks! I'm serious! No stretching out, no seam rips, nothing! (I exercise and wear it 6 days a week washing almost every time, unless I forget) For the $60 I spent EIGHT MONTHS ago that seems like a pretty good deal. Good luck and take care of those girls!
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 34DD, and after doubling up (which gets annoying at times), I caved an bought the activewear tops from Old Navy... they're like a sports bra, but they're long like tank tops, and support MUCH better. Also helps reduce sweatiness during your workout.
  • Kay2Phat
    Kay2Phat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I shop there and I think it's alot of top heavy women out there because my size is always not there. Any certain brand or support description? Thanks
  • Kay2Phat
    Options
    LOLOLOL Thanks I needed that laugh! I am not exactly in the same position as you but I have lost alot of weight and well lets just say things tend to flop and do the bopidy bop thing a little more than they used to! Its actually a little painful. But I got a sports bra from walmart that helps out a little. I dont know the brand name or anything. It did help to get a size smaller than what I thought I would wear. It tends to hold down the bopidy bop some....LOLOLOLOL

Lol bopidy bop!!!
  • Kay2Phat
    Options
    If you are more than a DD you can't really get use from most easily available sports bras. Plus they don't come big enough!

I lost a lot of weight on top, thank goodness! But I know that a sports bra is a challenge for women! My daughter can't find her size in stores, so had to go online. After DD you are stuck with some poor choices, especially if you don't live in a city.

I bought her one from this website and I thought it might help others here. The brand is Enell, she said it's the best ever ever ever, and once in it you are in armor and nothing is going to move! Like a tank! Besides it has lasted and still works/looks just the same more than a year or 2 after buying it. I used this website for her, it took weeks to come, otherwise okay, so research websites before buying and look for other websites for the name brand Enell, I've heard comments from other big boobies women that this is the best!

http://www.biggerbras.com/enell-sports-bra/enell-sports-bra-enl-enell.shtml?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=ENL-enell

Thanks for the website. However the bras are out of stock and they are on back order :( I will check other sites too!