i only have 49 cal left :(

Guess I'm goin over today. Any tips on how to do better tomorrow?

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    I find preplanning helps me immensely.
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    Short term blips don't matter it's long term consistency that counts. And pre-planning as stated is a good idea
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    do a small work out to get more calories:)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Pre logging.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Short term blips don't matter it's long term consistency that counts. And pre-planning as stated is a good idea

Thissss.

You say you only have 49 calories left, but is that after you've eaten all your meals today, did one meal use up everything, or have you used everything up snacking?

I pre-plan as a guideline, it can change on the day but as long as I know roughly what I've got to play around with I am usually ok. Do you usually go over?
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Treat your calories just like you would money - budget it out over the day, leaving wiggle room. Just as you would leave yourself a little cash to see a movie or by a cd, leave yourself a few floating calories to add a snack later if you're hungry. Pre-log what you plan on eating throughout the day first thing in the morning. That way you can see in advance if there is somewhere that you should make a substitution. Also, I find it helpful to plan for snacks later in the evening when I'm hungrier. Figure out which time of the day you seem to need the bulk of your calories to take care of your hunger and make that your big spend calorie-wise, just as you would put aside a larger amount of your budget for your rent or a car payment. Once you get into the habit of pre-planning, it gets very, very easy. You can even do it the night before if morning is too difficult due to work or class scheduling. You can do this! :happy:
  • ShadowFallRising
    ShadowFallRising Posts: 15 Member
    that's half a cup of grapes, or half of a banana. Or, you could try one of these: http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/50-tasty-foods-under-50-calories. Also, being mindful of your calorie intake will help you avoid this in the future. Best of luck! :D
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    A few egg whites with a handful of peppers and onions. Splash on a bit of hot sauce and you'll be good to go.l
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    If you're using the NEAT calories that the MFP system is built upon, does that 49 calories include your exercise calories that the system expects you to eat back?