ahh, Kind of nervous for tonight's food?..

Options
So i have plans to go with my friends and family to a comedy show this evening and im very excited, however before hand we are all gathering at a family members house to have appetizers and drinks before....I have about 850 calories left for the night and im just so afraid i am going to blow it!! The only exercise i really got today was moving furniture and walking in the mall for 30 minutes...I have made ham roll up's for my contribution of food ( low sodium honey ham, with fat free cream cheese in the middle and green onion ) I think i am just nervous of the temptation..my family is a big ( not only in numbers, but 75% of them are larger) and food is our way of socializing...IF i have a drink, i bought 110 calorie sparkling white wine (5oz),,

ahhh, i guess i dont even have a reason for this post..to be honest, i just needed to vent that i am nervous, especially b/c this is my first day without an actual work out!!!

HappY Weekend.. :)

Replies

• KhollerSA05
    KhollerSA05 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Let yourself enjoy the time with friends and family. The best thing I did for my weight loss was I went out one night and had a girls night out where between 4 of us we ate 4 hugh things of nachos and drank beer all night. Plus when you stress about the food that is there and "OMG I can only have X amount!" you end up subconciously sabatoging yourself. Keep your goal in site, but know that it is ok. What you might want to try is to start with a small plate like the size you use for a slice of cake. fill that with goodies and eat that. wait 10-15 minutes if you are still hungry then get a few more things. Just remember stop when you are at the point where you don't feel hungry, you don't want to neccesarily fell full when you stop, becuase if you do that you have already overeaten and your mind just hasn't signalled your body yet.
  • elenaamaretto
    Options
    if the food doesn't look healthy don't feel like you have to eat it. if i were you i'd either eat a healthy meal before or just eat what seems most healthiest to you at the party.. like vegetables. no fried foods. you can do it you just have to use will power to stay away from the foods.

along with this drink lots of water and coffee. but i mean if you really want something don't deny yourself because i know when i do that i end up eating it anyway. so just make sure you eat what you want, eat the healthiest choices you like (don't just eat them because they're healthy if they taste ****ty) and you can always make up for any over eating with exercise.

if you ask me hot yoga is the most amazing form of exercise. you sweat like a ***** but it tones you all over.

but anyway try not to worry, relax, and don't kick yourself if you slip up.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    good for you! you are thinking ahead and trying to plan. a few more occasions and you'll feel more confident about it! my advice, if you want it, is to track it, even if you are over. you can burn it off tomorrow with a workout if you need to. but if you decide not to track it you're more likely to really go over.
    good luck and have fun!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Can you have a bowl of low cal/ low fat soup before you go? It will take the edge off your hunger, and leave you with enough calories to enjoy yourself.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    Thanks everyone, all of your suggestions/comments/experiences really do make me feel somewhat "normal" for feeling this way! Thanks so much :)
  • Jody1949
    Jody1949 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    enjoy your dinner. This is a journey, not just tonight. Even if you blow it youcan recover tomorrow and next week. Don't let this become an obsession; it's meant to be a tool.
    Jody
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice...I did just what most of you said, i allowed myself to induldge in foods i have been staying away from this week...I relaxed, laughed a lot ate some nachos...just enough, not enough to make me feel like im full want to puke, and i wasnt worried about it. Like someone said, this is a journey, it is not just about one day! I logged my nachos and my beer i had last night, and i was only 100 calories over...i am VERY proud of myself..and honestly, want to say a HUGE THANKS to everyone who responded, funny how people you dont really know, but who are going thru the same thing as you..can give such amaazing support!!

Thanks again :)