Anyone Tried Slim Fast Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I personally don't find them very good, I never liked the taste of them, I had bought some, opened one and never touched them again eek. If you like them then yeah whatever but personally I'd rather eat my calories and if I want a shake, I do shakeology, I have a bag that I use for cleanses but that's about the only time I ever use that.
  • meganleanned
    Options
    Hi has anyone done the 321 plan? And do you habe to stick to the same tomes for everything?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    my mom used to eat nothing, just drink those and got down to a size 7. but as a woman with wide hips and at 5'11", it was not healthy! she's gained weight since then.
    i used them for good, though. i could never eat breakfast. i just couldn't stomach it. i'd drink half a shake, then a full shake, then a poptart and now i can stomach a bowl of cereal :)))

Why do you think you have to eat breakfast if that isn't a time of day that you like to eat? Just eat when you want to.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    deleted for necro post
  • Smoofalz
    Smoofalz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I used to diet with slim fast shakes.. yes I was losing weight, but I'd get to the point where I couldn't take it anymore, and just wanted real food. ( was replacing 1 - 2 meals)... so gave up.Then faster than I lost I'd get the wait back. I do still use meal replacement bars for breakfast (its something easy for me to grab so I'm not tempted to just run to the Dunkin Donuts down the street). But besides that I am just watching calories and eating better things, and honestly don't really feel like I'm dieting, actually feel like I am eating more. Its been a little over 3 weeks and I'm just under being 10lbs down! So if you don want to go ahead and try the slim fast shakes, if you get to the point where I did that I couldn't take them anymore, just don't give up like I did and instead try a different way so you don't undo what you did accomplish with them.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I never tried any diet and pills for loosing weight, one of my friend use it as he is having very busy schedule and he didnot get the time for doing exercise and all, he tried it for a week and it really works on him, after that i didnot know what happen with him.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Over 3 years later... I wonder how the OP got on?

Old post is old.
  • ScottJTyler
    ScottJTyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sugary and expensive. It's a scam, just eat normal healthy food.
  • JilJon
    JilJon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am presently doing a shake diet and I'm happy with it .. I drink a high protein shake first thing in the morning.. I put chia seeds and some l-carnitine powder in .. the chia seeds swell and they help make the shake filling.. I then don't get hungry until about 2pm when I have a low carb bar or a salad for lunch. When I eat out, I choose a soup or a salad or fish. I've given up wine completely. I don't get on the scales but do my measurements each Saturday. They tell the real story. I have lost many many inches and am just past halfway :-) Shakes have done it for me but I do understand they are not for everyone...
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I make my own shakes (nutribullet), and use shakeology now and then so no Slimfast shakes. However, I use the Slimfast drink powder and have to say it has worked wonders for me. It eliminates cravings, keeps me full, has a bunch of good vitamins, is sugar and calorie free and is really yummy. Mixed with water it's like a fruit punch. I have even sprinkled the powder on my yogurt, in my cereals, etc. It def helps me maintain.