Disappointed

Options
So I just went to weigh in and was surprised to see the scale read the same as it did last Monday, I've been to the gym 6 days out of the last 7. I have done cardio and weights in every session and was really looking forward to weigh in. My food intakre as a whole has been fairly good although I did put away a fair bit of grub over the weekend.

What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I take that kind of disappointment hard. But I never have 2 weeks without results. Keep up the good work and it will pay off. Are you sure you didn't add muscle? Muscle changes things too.
  • Chelseapretorius
    Chelseapretorius Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know you must be pretty upset at the moment but on the bright-side not changing in weight is better than gaining weight :) I'm sure it will get better :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    What am I doing wrong?
    You're expecting weightloss to be linear and it isn't
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Chris - If this is the first time you've stalled in a week over week weigh-in, count yourself blessed. If your food is truly in check (i.e., eating at a deficit) and you're exercising, the weight will come off. Keep up the good work and best wishes for continued success.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Probably nothing.

Assuming your weekly deficit was OK.....

More exercise --> water Retention
    More grub / more sodium / more carbs --> water retention

Monday weigh ins are always my highest day of the week. Which is why I take Saturday morning as my official weekly weight ;-)

And then....weightloss isn't linear...
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You've already lost a whole load of weight so whatever you're doing is working, just keep at it and have patience.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Good job on the weight loss so far. The scale will catch up. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for it to make sense to us.
  • ChrisMullis
    Options
    Honestly, I take that kind of disappointment hard. But I never have 2 weeks without results. Keep up the good work and it will pay off. Are you sure you didn't add muscle? Muscle changes things too.

I have noticed a change in my muscles to be honest. Didnt think it would have that big effect
  • ChrisMullis
    Options
    I know you must be pretty upset at the moment but on the bright-side not changing in weight is better than gaining weight :) I'm sure it will get better :)

Its better than a gain.

Still disappointed. :(
  • ChrisMullis
    Options
    What am I doing wrong?
    You're expecting weightloss to be linear and it isn't

It seems so simple when you say it like that.
  • ChrisMullis
    Options
    Chris - If this is the first time you've stalled in a week over week weigh-in, count yourself blessed. If your food is truly in check (i.e., eating at a deficit) and you're exercising, the weight will come off. Keep up the good work and best wishes for continued success.

Its not the first time no, its just as disappointing as the others though.
  • ChrisMullis
    Options
    Probably nothing.

Assuming your weekly deficit was OK.....

More exercise --> water Retention
    More grub / more sodium / more carbs --> water retention

Monday weigh ins are always my highest day of the week. Which is why I take Saturday morning as my official weekly weight ;-)

And then....weightloss isn't linear...

I think all is ok with my defecit. I'm below my target almost every day.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    As someone else said, weight loss isn't linear.

I haven't had a loss in the past two weeks. No biggie. The same exact thing happened last month and then all of a sudden I drop 2.5 lbs in one week. I suspect the same thing will happen during my next weigh in but, even if it doesn't, it's not a big deal. If you're in this for the long haul, a couple slow weeks here or there isn't anything to freak out about.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    You've done a lot of good progress with your weightloss, and I'm sure in general it's just a little bit of a plateau. However, I took the liberty of peeking at your diary. And I'm guessing it's not accurate. And that's ok. I'm not judging. I just wanted to make sure that you knew that as you continue along losing weight your accuracy might become more and more important. When you start off at a high weight just eating right and moving more might be all you need to get the scale moving in the right direction. But eventually your plateaus might become more frequent. Very accurate and honest logging of intake can help with that.

And if your diary is accurate, then I personally think you'll have more energy and consistent success if you eat more. I see days of 1000 calories. Days of 1300 net. Now an then isn't too terrible, but if this is accurate and you regularly do this, then I recommend aiming for a little higher most days. Just my two cents.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You're probably not doing anything wrong. Patience, pet. Patience wins the long game. :smile:
  • anndawe
    anndawe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing with your lifestyle change. Congratulations. I know sometimes we each get a little disappointed. Keep your chin up and smile. Keep reminding yourself the amount of your loss is what some people weigh. :happy:
  • wrongway1950
    Options
    I agree with this. My dietician advised me to never eat less than 1200 and try to stay below 1500 and I am a small woman. I have lost 35 lbs in the last 3 months doing this so I know it works.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    It happens occasionally. I've not shown a loss for just over 2 weeks but my deficit for that time means I 'should' have lost between 2-3lbs. However, I can now get in the next size down jeans & top that didn't fit at all 3 weeks ago and people at work are again commenting that I've lost more weight. I tend to find that I have a few weeks of steady loss (around 1 to 1.5lbs a week) the suddenly no loss at all for 2-3 weeks but that's when I lose inches. I still get frustrated when the scales don't move though!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You've lost a huge amount of weight already - congratulations! Keep up the good work, and the weight will continue to come off. I think very few people see a loss every single week, so please don't get discouraged!
  • ChrisMullis
    Options
    You've done a lot of good progress with your weightloss, and I'm sure in general it's just a little bit of a plateau. However, I took the liberty of peeking at your diary. And I'm guessing it's not accurate. And that's ok. I'm not judging. I just wanted to make sure that you knew that as you continue along losing weight your accuracy might become more and more important. When you start off at a high weight just eating right and moving more might be all you need to get the scale moving in the right direction. But eventually your plateaus might become more frequent. Very accurate and honest logging of intake can help with that.

And if your diary is accurate, then I personally think you'll have more energy and consistent success if you eat more. I see days of 1000 calories. Days of 1300 net. Now an then isn't too terrible, but if this is accurate and you regularly do this, then I recommend aiming for a little higher most days. Just my two cents.

I try to be as accurate as possible.
    Out of interest which bits make you think it might not be accurate. :)