Having a hard time losing weight

Options
I have been working out 6 days a week for 4 months now (strength training and cardio). I decided to try myfitnesspal to help me track my calories. The only thing I have noticed is that I have been getting stronger and after an hour and a half of working out I am not as tired. However I have only lost 3 pounds since April. My calorie intake is about 1550-1660 a day. My goal is to lose 1.5 per week. I am not sure why I am having a hard time losing weight "pure fat". HELP?!

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all your food on a kitchen scale? Measuring all liquids with calories? How accurate is your logging?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    With 13 lbs. to lose, 1.5 lb. per week is way too aggressive a goal—it's for those who are 75 lbs. overweight.

Set your goal to .5 lb. per week. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. And be patient! The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. That's just the way the human body works.

Read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • NatashaC118
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, I do not have a kitchen scale. The only liquid I drink is water. My logging is very accurate.
  • NatashaC118
    Options
    I will reset my goal to between .5/1 pound per week. But I usually don't eat more 1600 a day.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Your logging cant be accurate without a kitchen scale. Just sayin...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I do not have a kitchen scale.
    My logging is very accurate.
    "Does not compute"
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, I do not have a kitchen scale. The only liquid I drink is water. My logging is very accurate.

If you do not have a kitchen scale and are not weighing your food, then I am very sorry to break it to you, but you are not logging accurately. Start weighing your food, it will be a real eye opener to how much people tend to over estimate a tablespoon of peanut butter or 6 oz of steak.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I do not have a kitchen scale.
    My logging is very accurate.
    "Does not compute"

Exactly
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    I will reset my goal to between .5/1 pound per week. But I usually don't eat more 1600 a day.

You can't know that for sure unless you are weighing your food accurately.
  • NatashaC118
    Options
    Since I don't have a scale I use the nutrition information on the packages foods that I eat. For fresh fruits and veggies I measure it out. For example if eat 1 slice of cheese ( 70 calories). I just add that to my log.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    Since I don't have a scale I use the nutrition information on the packages foods that I eat. For fresh fruits and veggies I measure it out. For example if eat 1 slice of cheese ( 70 calories). I just add that to my log.

Buy a scale. There is really no substitute, any way you look at it.

The good news is that you can find very affordable ones online. I think mine was $12 on amazon. I've used it every day for two years and it's still working great.
  • NatashaC118
    Options
    Will do. Thanks
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all your food on a kitchen scale? Measuring all liquids with calories? How accurate is your logging?
    yes. are you???? are you eating what mfp suggests for you? you have to eat all your calories especially if you are working out as much as you do. eat at a deficit under your tdee and you will lose weight. be honest with your diary.
  • kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes you need a kitchen scale, most of the time weighing food via a measuring cut is not in your favor. Very calorie dense foods even clean foods such as oats can be 25% over, that"s a lot of calories at the end of the day.
  • robynluvsjesus
    robynluvsjesus Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say that you're probably still building muscle. Don't worry about weight so much and start tracking inches. You're probably loosing fat and replacing it with muscle. I wouldn't be concerned unless you're inches don't move.
  • ik58judy58
    Options
    visit www.judyike.organogold.com
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    All I can add and it has been said before: you must weigh your food. All the best!