Fast burners yay or nay?

Options
DJ7203
DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
Do they really help you get through your workouts? If so, what brands do you like?

Replies

• cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    If you 're looking for something to help you get through you're workout I'd suggest a pre-workout supplement opposed to a fat burner.
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Preworkouts are way better to help get through your workout - and they are much safer than fat burners.
    There are tons of great pre-workouts on the market and you live in the states so you can get preworkout supplements with fat burner properties in it!
  • jj04evs
    jj04evs Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm taking fat burners and although i have lost weight off them i feel totally rubbish off them and i wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I take them but i feel it's more of a mental thing as i am trying to push myself that little more in the gym and also eating healthier. So the question is do they work or are they just make you change your habbits so you think they are working!!

So i would say NAY!
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've never tried them, mostly because although the doctor says I'm fine my family has a history of heart problems, and most of these products have stimulants in them. I'm sorry but to me it's not worth the risk to my heart, if I need a boost, I'll just have a cup of coffee in the morning.
  • jackr88
    jackr88 Posts: 13
    Options
    There are pretty much NO legal fatburners that actually work anyway.
    Stuff like ephedrine is illegal (but works) and cytomel t3 (thyroid) is the same. Then you have the old wonderful DNP which is outright dangerous but will strip fat off like nothing else.

Don't bother with "fat burners", just keep a decent deficit and make sure to weight train (to make sure the weight difference you see on the scales is coming from fat and you're not just burning muscle).

You will lose the fat quick enough.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi there...

You mean fat burners, right..? I've considered taking some before, and I think they might be useful when on a tight schedule, e.g. prep for a bodybuilding competition or something like it. In this case, they would only be taken for a limited time, and for the specific purpose of significantly lowering the body fat just for a little while. All this usually happens under guidance of a knowledgable coach and with an appropriate diet. I know a few competitors, and they are very determined and for them, it works.
    However, for everyday life, I did not find any benefit. I'm having coffee in the morning, a green tea capsule with my multi vitamin, a pre-workout with a nitric oxide booster that heats up my muscles before heavy lifting, and then there is the post-training soreness.....I'm on fire all day.... If I added a fat burner.....nope....too much heat for me....lol

In my opinion, for a serious lifestyle change to 'fit', it's better to stay away from the fancy pills and potions. If you want it healthy, stick with the basics: Good food, a simple multi vitamin, and the occasional protein shake.

Good luck with your fitness goals!
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the answers. I'll stick with my healthy breakfast & black coffee pre workout. Glad I didn't waste my money on them. The ones I was looking at are like $60 :noway: