Vacation calorie advice

Options
I am going on vacation to Berlin in a few days and need some advice about how to set my calories and activity level during that time. I have a few different options I was thinking of doing but not sure which one would be best/most accurately reflect what I will be doing. I plan on still logging all calories though I will have to estimate or find generic versions. I do not plan on logging any walking or any other exercise if I do any.

Currently set to .25kg loss a week and sedentary actively level. I log dedicated exercises (ie. cardio gym time, walks around my rural hilly/mountainous neighbourhood) only. This has been working very well so far.

Option 1: Keep at .25kg loss a week calories and reset to lightly active. (gives me the most wiggle room)

Option 2: Set to maintenance calories and reset to lightly active. (gives me the least wiggle room)

Option 3: Set to maintenance calories and keep at sedentary. (middle ground wiggle room)

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Go enjoy yourself and get back to it when you get home.
  • Steph8386
    Steph8386 Posts: 5
    Options
    Agree with post above. Just got back from vacation. Told myself I would count calories and exercise but I ended up not counting a thing. I have to say i did exercise though. Came back only two pounds heavier. And one day back and I have already she'd a pound. Pretty sure the last pound is water weight as well. I think mentally you know when to stop when you really trying Hard to diet!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous... you're going to Berlin right after Deutschland wins Weltmeister... my advice: Enjoy it. Drink lots of water. Drink lots of beer if that's your thing. Eat lots of brötchen. Try the schokolade <3. You'll probably walk a lot. Just get back to your normal routine when you get home.

I miss living in Germany ohhh so much.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    FYI its holiday not vacations, silly americans :D that being said personally it will be nigh on impossible to accuratly count calories while on holiday, watch your portion etc but above all enjoy yourself, if you come back a couple of pounds heavier so be it.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    ^^"Holiday" to me is a national observation of an event of special date. Lol what do you call traditional holidays (New Year's Day, Christmas, etc.). Also a holiday?

"Vacation" is when I get to submit a request 6 months in advance so my employer can pay me for a week and I can go do whatever I want. :laugh:
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    ^^"Holiday" to me is a national observation of an event of special date. Lol what do you call traditional holidays (New Year's Day, Christmas, etc.). Also a holiday?

"Vacation" is when I get to submit a request 6 months in advance so my employer can pay me for a week and I can go do whatever I want. :laugh:

New year's day, Christmas day thats what we call them, technically they're Bank Holidays but thats a different kettle of fish