Breakfasts and lunches

Options
Looking for some advice on breakfasts and lunches that I can bring to work. I am allergic to all nuts but Almonds.

Replies

• TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    It's really difficult for strangers to suggest food for you because we don't know your food preferences. Eat what you like but fit it into your day. Plan out your food for the entire day and see if it all fits into your calories. If not, find lower calorie alternatives. You can still eat bagels and donuts for breakfast if that's what you like but you just need to lower calories in other parts of the day. I have a bagel every morning. You can look through the recipe forums for plenty of ideas.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Well, today for breakfast I had coffee and oatmeal, and lunch is cheese and crackers, strawberries and string cheese. I also make wraps with laughing cow cheese, turkey or chicken, and shredded lettuce. You can bring yogurt to work, boiled eggs, pre-portioned cereal, fruit... if your only limitation is nuts, you have a whole lot of other options! Happy eating!
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Looking for some advice on breakfasts and lunches that I can bring to work. I am allergic to all nuts but Almonds.
    Uh.

What foods to you like?

Bring them in smaller containers to control your portions.

"problem" solved
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - greek yogurt and fruit, instant oatmeal packet with blueberries, smoothie, toast with peanut butter and banana, 2-3 hard boiled eggs

Lunch - salads (buy a big container of lettuce at beginning of week and add 1 protein - chicken, beans or tuna, a fat like avocado or cheese, and other veggies for crunch and flavor - onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, etc).; sandwiches and wraps are easy, or you can do rolls-ups with a 1-2 slices of lunch meat, 1/3 slice of cheese, and a pickle slice.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    One of my go-to breakfasts is hash browns or brown rice, topped w/ egg whites and ground turkey or lean ground beef or turkey chili and a bit of cheese.

Lunch - wrap w/ steak, spinach, feta; brown rice w/ chicken or fish and veggies - really, anything you might cook for dinner, just portioned out into containers ahead of time.

Do you have a fridge at work? Microwave?
  • annabell136
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I do have a fridge and microwave at work. I am not a fussy eater, I just needed some new ideas. I get bored easily.
  • USMCvetOH
    USMCvetOH Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have protein bars everyday for breakfast and lunch during my work week. It's easy, fits into my purse or gym bag. No microwave needed. I eat a lower calorie bar for breakfast and save the higher calorie one for after my lunch workout (or sometimes I have to eat part of it before, depending on my hunger level). My current goal is 2 pounds a week and I still fit in a string cheese snack mid morning when needed. I have plenty of calories left over for a meal and snack when I get home.....exercising during lunch helps that tremendously!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I keep cereal and milk in my fridge in my office. I never eat it, because I am not a breakfast person, but its an idea. Some other great breakfast ideas are:

greek yogurt with protein powder and fresh fruit
    egg, cheese and meat burritos (you can make them ahead of time and freeze them for the week)
    overnight oats (quick and easy)
    protein bar/shake

Lunch ideas:

LEFT OVERS!!! (make enough for dinner so that you can bring left overs for lunch)