Replies

• patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    14+-+1
  • Cheeseburger85
    Cheeseburger85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had a bachelor party last weekend. Based on my experience, I recommend tequilla sunrises and bloody marys with breakfast. Vodka water throughout the day interspersed with beers. Wine with dinner. Switch to beer until you start feeling full. Switch to whisky in the evening. Once the whisky stops burning switch to tequilla. Don't forget your greasy feast at the end of the night.

Chock it up as missed day on MFP and get back to it on Sunday.
  • linsdog
    linsdog Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I had a bachelor party last weekend. Based on my experience, I recommend tequilla sunrises and bloody marys with breakfast. Vodka water throughout the day interspersed with beers. Wine with dinner. Switch to beer until you start feeling full. Switch to whisky in the evening. Once the whisky stops burning switch to tequilla. Don't forget your greasy feast at the end of the night.

Chock it up as missed day on MFP and get back to it on Sunday.

Sounds like a good Friday...
  • xsophieanne
    xsophieanne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    wine or spirits
    honestly i go out every now and then and it's never done me any harm, just tell your friends to drag you by the arms away from the take away if you get drunk and want a pizza, that's what i've done and they actually do it lol :drinker:

(edit) or just have a day off, honestly you won't gain 7lbs overnight from going out once lol
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a Bachelorette party this weekend so I know that indulging in a few too many alcoholic beverages is bound to happen. I'm trying to smart about what kind of alcohol I have... would beer or wine be better?

I'm torn between either Pinot Grigio with club soda, or a light beer (thinking Bud Lite Platinum).. thoughts?

I would say the question is "which do you like better?". And, along those same lines, I would say that if what you would LIKE is something different, like un-cut wine, regular spirits, or regular beer, you should feel free to go with your gut feeling.

The reason I say that is simple: I'm guessing that bachelorette parties aren't a very regular occurrence, so I think this could be an event that is rare enough that you can probably feel freer to not worry as much about the calories. (If it was a weekly get-together, my answer would be different.)

Our friends may only have this party once in their life, we should celebrate it with them with the minimum amount of stress and the maximum merriment and joy. We can always get back on track with our weight programs the next day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Both? It's a party, FFS.
    YOU!!! WINNER!!!!

I was going to say- why is both not an option?

because it should ALWAYS be an option.

oh- speaking of- I'm totally out of wine- fail.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    So how did the weekend go?
  • westcoastgirl08
    Options
    It was great.... I just made smart food choices and didn't give in to all the beachside snacks, saved my calories for my drinks and had an awesome time.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It was great.... I just made smart food choices and didn't give in to all the beachside snacks, saved my calories for my drinks and had an awesome time.

Sounds perfect!! Glad you had fun! :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Vodka