Not hungry all day but STARVING at night ?!?!?!?! HELP!

Options
I don't really get hungry during the day! I eat very few calories during the day because I am not hungry ( under 400) but then I eat dinner and I am still under my calories but I don't want to over eat at night! Then, like now at around 9 pm, I am STARVING!!!! What should I do? I know I still have lots of calories left but I don't want to eat this late!

Replies

• The same happens to me also. I found that when I forced myself to eat several meals a day, I was not hungry at all at night.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    I don't believe it matters what time you eat the calories. If you got them and you are hungry then eat. Just make sure you aren't eating late out of boredom and stay away from the junk.
    If you start making yourself eat small meals through the day, you might be able to switch your internal clock, but it would prolly take some time.
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yeah I wondered if I ate more during the day it would be better but I am scared i will still be hungry at night and then I have eaten more during the day as well! lol I will see how it works! Thanks for the advice!
  • casamelsmom
    Options
    Make sure you eat during the day. I find myself eating at night when I think I am hungry and actually I am bored. So, I brew some tea or coffee and drink it instead. If fills the void and gives me something to do when I want to eat.
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    I have the same problem, but if I eat a more in the mornings along with a light lunch and then a good dinner, I'm not as hungry at night. It's just difficult to eat breakfast and lunch when I'm not hungry until dinner.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    One word
    Protein :-)
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    find a healthy cereal to eat as a late snack if you must eat, it will help you sleep at night too, recommend soy or almond milk
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    When I began my weight loss journey almost five years ago, my doctor sent me to a dietician. One of the things she told me was that a lot of "diets" tell you not to eat after 6 PM. She explained this was a false statement, as then your body basically enters starvation mode by morning. She actually told me to eat something around 9 PM. I try to do something like a piece of fruit or some yogurt before I head to bed. She also explained that eating breakfast was necessary to start your metabolism in the morning. I was not a breakfast eater before (or if I did, it was a package of poptarts). I know eat a nutritionally sound breakfast every morning as well.

K

Starting Weight August 2006: 197
    Lowest Weight -- November 2007: 125
    Current Weight: varies between 140 and 143
    Goal Weight: 130-132
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you. But it doesnt bother me, I just eat most of my cals at night time. New research has suggested that it really doesnt matter what time of day you consume your cals. Altho, eating a big meal right before sleep will prob cause indigestion!! :laugh: But it's actually proven that eating a light snack before bed, improves digestion, improves sleep and keeps your metabolism stoked all night. Which is a good thing :bigsmile:

So, the eating late at night = puts on weight, is a myth.

More important to eat all your cals and get proper nutrition. Don't be scared, you will work out what works best for you :flowerforyou:
  • jmomguytuck01
    Options
    u need to eat 6-8 small meals thuout the day i eat little things yogurt carrots popcorn pickles a small lunch and dinner and i find im good at night even after i've exercised
  • lynn12
    lynn12 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I know I have the same problem thanks for asking
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thank you that is very helpful!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thank you that is very helpful!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Glad to know I am not alone!!! Thank you and i will see how it goes! I am glad to here the metabolism info!!! :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You are not alone...I eat most of my calories at night. It doesn't matter, I maintain the same weight all of the time. Eat when you're hungry!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    GREAT thanks for letting me know!!!