Starting Over Yet Again

Options
If you heard a thump over the past week or so, that was the sound of me falling off the good health bandwagon. I've exercised too little, eaten too many unhealthy foods, eaten waaaaaay over calories pretty consistently, and find the hardest part of the day from 6pm-bedtime.

I've put on a few lbs and want to dust myself off and start again.

Some suggestions and advice requested:
What are some things that you can do to stay focused on healthy habits?
What are your tricks to eat within your calories?
What are your big volume foods that you eat to fill up?
How do you deal with evening/nighttime hunger?

Replies

• Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Some things I've been doing.

To help me stay in my calories I plan my week of dinners ahead of time and then backtrack to plan my lunches and breakfasts. Then I add in snacks during the day with the remaining calories. It doesn't always work perfectly but it seems to help me.

I try to keep lots of fruit and veggies in the house and not as much junk food. I cut up veggies and keep them in baggies in the fridge so I can just grab one of those to munch on if I'm hungry.

I try to drink lots of water during the day. Usually between 2 and 3 litres. It seems to help curb my appetite and I don't get as hungry between meals. I don't usually have problems with hunger in the evenings though because we don't eat dinner until around 6 or 7 and then I'm only up for a couple hours after that before I go to bed.

I've only been doing this for about a month and half but it seems to be going well for me so far. :smile:
  • glamgrljess22
    glamgrljess22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Taking notes this is my third time starting over...
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm like you in that my worst time to be hungry is late afternoon til I go to bed. Since I'm not really a breakfast person, I eat something very small for breakfast. Usually less than 200 calories. Then I have a good size, healthy lunch that I pack for myself (Easier for me to control the calorie count. It's too hard eating out for me to keep track.). That way I have the majority of my calories for supper and late evening snacking. It might not be for everyone, but I have lost 15 lbs so far, and I don't get that crazy hungry feeling I used to get. Hope this helps!