has anyone ever tried Cinnamon and Honey?

Options

Replies

• marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yeah cinnamon and honey does work actually but not in the long term.. the mixture or drink only helps yot to lose water weight and remove toxins from your body... so yeah if you are looking forward to have just that boost that helps you lose weight go fot it but in the long term you do have to exercise and maintain your calories too..
  • mfarmer88
    mfarmer88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it works or not but it sure is tasty!
  • AbiPowers2223
    Options
    In this cleanse you are supposed to use raw honey, raw honey is a natural laxative AND also contains natural never processed sugars, which our body can properly digest unlike refined sugars that end up getting stored in our bodies.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I've completed The Cinnamon Challage and I can honestly tell you, it made me see cinnamon in a whole new light.

I highly recommend it.

Ah yes, I have done that as well.

I am fairly certain if I started everyday with said challenge I would decrease in weight...
    from vomiting daily.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I've put honey on my Cinnamon Toast (yum) but I have long ago stopped looking for magic food combinations that make you lose weight. Now I rely on moving more and eating less. Seems to really work for me.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So I was talking to my aunt and she told me all the awesome benefits of Cinnamon and honey..I did a little research and theres tons of benefits including weight loss

In my espresso. Flavor is awesome. It doesn't have weight loss benefits though. :)
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow. :noway:

Look at it this way. If it worked - do you not think someone would be marketing it in one package like rasberry ketones? Oh wait that doesn't work either.

Just watch your intake and eat at a reasonable deficit.

Edited because my original post could have been perceived by some as "snarky". :laugh:
  • robertzica
    robertzica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First of all the calories theory is false. Why? Because our bodies don't work like an oven: put in fuel, burn, done. Our bodies work based on chemical reactions. Measuring calories is just a method of measuring the food intake but that doesn't give us any clue about the actual nutritional value of the foods or the amount of nutrients retained by our cells and the amounts of garbage.

So, yes, honey has a very high caloric value but it does lead to beneficial chemical reactions for our bodies. It is true, the best honey is the raw honey preferably organic... if you buy the honey bear at the store you are probably buying melted sugar smelling like honey. Our bodies process differently raw foods than the already processed foods so it is very important to keep this in mind when buying foods.

Anyway, if low calories diets would work America and all the other developed countries wouldn't have such a big problem with overweight and obesity.

I've started the honey and cinnamon detox yesterday. I will see the result. Overall, I need to lose about 40lbs. Wish me luck, please!

Edit: I am also exercising. Right now I am working on a 5 k after 5 years of continuously gaining weight because of school, work, driving and not exercising :(
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Both honey and cinnamon are tasty. Honey as as sweetener and cinnamon as a seasoning. Also, both are good on toast . Cinnamon is touted as having numerous health benefits as well.

As far as weight loss, not really. Honey adds calories to your daily intake, which you need to account for.

Anything with the word 'cleanse' in it should be avoided strenuously unless it involves you standing in the shower with soap.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So I was talking to my aunt and she told me all the awesome benefits of Cinnamon and honey..I did a little research and theres tons of benefits including weight loss

Lol. Any benefits to them are for teh flavorz.

I like cinnamon and honey in mah:
    coffee
    bourbon
    whipped cream
    sweet tater pie
    chocolate mousse
    bastiya
    fried chicken
    waffles
    pancakes
    goat soup
    haupia
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Well I dunno about weight loss but raw local honey killed my hayfever dead. And I get it pretty bad. Also had ... ahem ... other effects. Let's just say I was friskier.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    You can flavor certain foods with them in moderation and what not, like oatmeal, but it's not going to affect your weight loss or anything. There are all these "magic food" things going around the internet... they're baloney. Not saying it's not good for you in any way, but it's not gonna do all that stuff that people claim, by any means. People are running around saying that celery cures cancer. *rolleyes* Just eat nutritiously and track everything, stay within calorie limit, all the common sense stuff.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options

Meh. Statements that cinnamon cures everything from the grip to cancer. Of course, no support or studies.

Have fun. It is probably harmless. Your eating more healthy and exercising is really the key.

One question: how did you measure the improvements of your aunt's immune system? That is not an easy thing to measure.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    warnings about cinnamon intake:

- often in supermarkets you don’t buy true cinnamon, but cassia (chinese cinnamon bark), which is a cheap cinnamon from china, vietnam and indonesia. it contains a potentially dangerous substance called coumarin. (unfortunately, saigon cinnamon is actually cassia. look for CEYLON cinnamon!)
    - cassia should be avoided by pregnant women, those with liver disease, and diabetes
    - coumarin is toxic to the liver, is an anticoagulant (it thins the blood), and has been shown to cause cancer in rodents
    - the Tolerable Daily Intake (TDI) for coumarin of 0.07 mg per kg of bodyweight per day
    - if you consume cassia over a period of time (such as with oatmeal a few times a week), you can greatly exceed your TDI
    - cassia cinnamon should only be used sparingly, as a very light sprinkling, and not in teaspoon amounts

try to only buy CEYLON cinnamon. and again, conduct your own research, as it is YOUR health

http://almostexactlyblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/honey-cinnamon-cleanse-facts-to-back-it-up/

Wow…. Here I was all set to make some smart *kitten* reference to two strippers (Cinnamon and Honey) and actually got some edumication! Thanks for the DL I’ll have to take stock of what I have in the casa as I use cinnamon a lot!
    Thanks for the PSA, good looking out!
  • Tetesandra
    Tetesandra Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I take it every morning for allergies. I have such bad allergies int he fall I have to take all kinds of medicines but I started this about 2 years ago and I no longer need meds for my allergies. I just take 1 tsp of honey and 1/4 tsp cinnamon every morning. I just mix it together and eat it straight no mixing with water. It has to be locally grown honey for it to work with allergies not store bought.

Sandra
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    honey and cinnamon are delicious on my cookies-cakes desserts and drinks- adn in some foods- but I use it for all the noms.

I'm under no pretenses that it does anything else but make me feel warm and fuzzy.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    yeah cinnamon and honey does work actually but not in the long term.. the mixture or drink only helps yot to lose water weight and remove toxins from your body... so yeah if you are looking forward to have just that boost that helps you lose weight go fot it but in the long term you do have to exercise and maintain your calories too..

What toxins exactly?
    People always talk about toxins on this website and "cleansing" them, but can never quite say which ones are being cleansed.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    First of all the calories theory is false. Why? Because our bodies don't work like an oven: put in fuel, burn, done. Our bodies work based on chemical reactions. Measuring calories is just a method of measuring the food intake but that doesn't give us any clue about the actual nutritional value of the foods or the amount of nutrients retained by our cells and the amounts of garbage.

So, yes, honey has a very high caloric value but it does lead to beneficial chemical reactions for our bodies. It is true, the best honey is the raw honey preferably organic... if you buy the honey bear at the store you are probably buying melted sugar smelling like honey. Our bodies process differently raw foods than the already processed foods so it is very important to keep this in mind when buying foods.

Anyway, if low calories diets would work America and all the other developed countries wouldn't have such a big problem with overweight and obesity.

Now this is just silly.

If people lowered their calorie intake to appropriate levels, there wouldn't be such a problem with overweight and obesity.

The fact that there is such a problem with overweight and obesity doesn't mean calorie controlled diets don't work - it just means people don't do them properly.

Even less does this mean cinnamon and honey detoxes will work better than calorie control.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Old thread but I include cinnamon and honey in my diet because they taste good. I don't have any belief that they caused or helped my weight loss.