twins will change your life

Options
here I am after having to beautiful twin girls, 70 pounds heavier. I gained 40 with the pregnancy and 30 with the postpartum that followed. I feel overwhelmed with the amount of weight I have gained but I have to put a stop to it and get my life back. I have lost weight with this site before and I trust what the program can do I just lack the confidence I use to have. but here I go .

Replies

• csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I wish you the best! You've done it before and you'll do it again! We all have to start somewhere! :flowerforyou:
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Good luck and congrats on your babies. :)
  • its2es
    its2es Posts: 4
    Options
    Congratulations on your bundles of joy!!
  • marbella23
    marbella23 Posts: 24
    Options
    I know how you feel I have twin girls also and I gained 25 pounds more I would also like to have my life back but that's why we are here for too have motivation and loose that weight for our selfs (:
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You can definitely do this. And, as a mother of 14yo twins (boy/girl), it does get easier. I found that once they slept through the night, life was good!
  • londette
    londette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your twins! I too am losing the weight since having twins but mine are 2.5 years old. I know it's hard but you can do it!! :)
  • jeskuhsmeekers
    jeskuhsmeekers Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    well the hard part is over just making the decision to change is the hardest part. My twin girls are 15 months and i started my lifestyle change in Jan and have lost 37 lbs so far. I also gained 40 with my pregnancy and them about 10-15 more in the 4 months that followed their birth. having twin newborns is extremely stressful and exhausting but it will get better just try to watch what you eat and take them for walks or something a few days a week. The difference in just taking little walks here and there are huge. You CAN DO THIS!!! feel free to add me
  • sdalhall
    sdalhall Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes, they change your life in every way, forever! :smile: I gained over 100 pounds with mine. I've lost it all now (they're 6), but still have 10-15 to go until I'm at my happy weight. My advice is don't be too hard on yourself! Having two infants is hard, and your body has been a through a lot. At first, it helped me to make sure I was getting out of of the house enough and getting enough sunshine. Also, just focusing on healthy eating choices and portion control got me started in the right direction in the early months (years). I know it seems so overwhelming now, but everything gets so much better! Hugs to you! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yes! I gained a smiliar amount and my girls (fraternal) are now 19 months old. It takes a while to get into a normal rhythm and to be careful not to take on too much.
    Seems there are a lot of twin mums out there with good advice. :-)
    I have lost 24 lbs (11kg) since January... some weeks are better than others. Teething babies knocked my energy and routine out the window at various times, so I just try to be better every week.
    Another one here to add as a friend if needed - that goes for any of you twin parents who reads this :flowerforyou:
  • cybratt
    cybratt Posts: 1
    Options
    I had twin girls a year ago and gained 55 pounds but probably lost 10 pounds over the year without this app. I'm on day 2 of this so I'm in the same boat as you. I'm tired from all the work twins takes but I want to lose the weight. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • marricurt
    marricurt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have fraternal twin boys and gained a MASSIVE amount of weight with my boys... They were over 8 pounds each but I gained over over 70 pounds... I was huge. Take it slowly and try not to focus to much on your weight. Having twins is incredibly labour intensive and exhausting but it is also one of the most magical experiences and worth every stressful, overwhelming, teary moment. Have sent FR. Xx
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    sorry - I know this is a bit old, but I had to reply.

Every mom I know IRL (even ones with twins) is just tiny, and was pretty much back to pre-pregnancy weight within weeks.

I, on the other hand, sound more like you guys! Gained 30 or so with pregnancy, had them 6 weeks early, and gained another 30 with stress and ppd.

They are now 4 (FOUR!?!) and I still need to lose the weight. I feel like such a cow around all the other preschool moms.

Twins are wonderful and stressful. Especially so since I'm a single mom. Right now they are playing really well together and that makes it so much easier.

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • bamawards
    bamawards Posts: 10
    Options
    Another mom of twins chiming in - 14 yo boy/girl. I gained 54 pounds in my pregnancy and carried them full term. But they were child #3&4 for me, I have two older daughters as well, and I gained weight with each of my pregnancies. Then, I had a hysterectomy when the twins were 6 months old. With the surgery recovery and hormone issues afterward, even more weight piled on.

So I know the frustration. It's taken me years to want to do something about it, but here I am! It can be done, the thing to remember is that it will take a long time to come off. It didn't go on quickly, don't expect it to come off quickly. I have to tell myself this all the time because I'm impatient and 1-2 times per week seems so SLOW!
  • DisneyBecca
    Options
    I am a mom to 15 month old twin boys. I actually lost 20 pounds during the pregnancy, but regained it a few months postpartum. I have lost 54 pounds since January. It is possible!
  • MrsJennyMay
    Options
    I am a mother of Identical Momo twin girls and I hear your frustration. I never gained any weight during my pregnancy because I was so sick and stressed due to their high risk. However, once they came my body went into storage over drive and with the stress of 10 weeks of NICU and having a 2 1/2 year old home I VERY quickly put on 70lbs that I've been trying to shed and my body refuses to want to agree to that.
    That being said we can do this. Feel free to add me as a friend I'm new to this all too.
  • TattooedDad1986
    Options
    It seems Im the only guy on this thread. First off, congratulations to everyone on their little bundles of joy! My wife had our identical twin boys 8 months ago. They came early and the closest NICU was 100 miles away. My wife gained about 50 lbs. The stress from worrying about them constantly and then driving 200 miles round trip to visit them everyday after we got off of work was alot. Im happy to say that everyone is happy and healthy now. I started working out with my wife by doing the P90x3 videos with her. I felt like the best support I could give her was to actually do the workouts with her. She has now lost all the weight she gained with the boys, and then some. The best support is having someone there putting in the work with you. It makes it fun too! Good luck!
  • EllienLyla
    EllienLyla Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank you everyone it is great hearing everyones story and knowing I'm not alone and I can do it if you can do it! My girls are the loves of my life and I am so grateful for them, now I need to become a healthier person so I can be the best mom I can to them!
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i'm starting over on my weight loss after having my twin girls 6 weeks ago. feel free to add me if you would like.