Swimsuit help!

Options
Not sure where to post this, so I think I'll land it right here!

Before my accident last year, I was training for a tri. Well, since gaining 65 lbs, I need a new swimming suit. I've been trying speedo one piece minimum support (I don't swim too fast ya know!), however, I am having a HUGE problem. My bust hasn't kept up with my buns!! I tried a 22 and I the top was VERY loose. I exchanged it for a size 20 and the top is still a little saggy but my buns fit just fine.

Obviously, I may have to go with something other than a speedo brand. I need some advice or opinions please!

I am NOT going for how much skin I can show. LOL!! It needs to be just simple, plain and ONE PIECE!!!

Thanks for ANY input anyone has!!!

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I generally have the opposite problem, my chest is bigger than my rear. Have you tried a tankini--it gives the coverage of a one piece, but you can buy the pieces as separates.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I like the fit of TYR better if you are a bit smaller on top. I always found Speedo was built for 'boy bottoms' and might work well if you swim fly (with massive upper body) but not great if you do crawl, breaststroke, or backstroke and have thighs and glutes to prove it. I used to teach aquatic fitness at a pool so most of us bought TYR - they last pretty good and come in nice colours too. My fave when I was fitter was their Tri-bikini (high waisted, high cut runner bottoms with string and a well fitting crop top in separate sizes).
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    just remember - less is more. :wink:
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to wear a one piece since I was a pre-teen (if it fit my boobs/butt, it's loose around the middle and other odd variations). I agree looking for a tankini is best because you can match different sizes.
  • AudraHeinman
    AudraHeinman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER tried a tankini. I've got a large belly and hadn't thought that I could get enough 'coverage'. I may have to look into one, thank you!!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Is the swimsuit for fun or exercise? I think that makes a huge difference.
  • AudraHeinman
    Options
    Is the swimsuit for fun or exercise? I think that makes a huge difference.

Definitely for exercise. I'm going to begin training for a tri again, just as soon as my Dr releases me. I want to have my suit and be ready!!
  • AudraHeinman
    Options
    I like the fit of TYR better if you are a bit smaller on top. I always found Speedo was built for 'boy bottoms' and might work well if you swim fly (with massive upper body) but not great if you do crawl, breaststroke, or backstroke and have thighs and glutes to prove it. I used to teach aquatic fitness at a pool so most of us bought TYR - they last pretty good and come in nice colours too. My fave when I was fitter was their Tri-bikini (high waisted, high cut runner bottoms with string and a well fitting crop top in separate sizes).

Thank you!! I'll check out TYR. I will be mainly swimming crawl and breaststroke (for when I'm exhausted from the crawl LOL!!)
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER tried a tankini. I've got a large belly and hadn't thought that I could get enough 'coverage'. I may have to look into one, thank you!!
    I prefer the tankini as well. I have a larger chest than bottom and this way I can find sizes that fit both areas. I also have stretch marks from 3 huge babies so it covers my belly. I dread bathing suit shopping because I feel nothing looks right but its all in my own head. Good luck and congrats on your first day back !:happy:
  • AudraHeinman
    Options
    I prefer the tankini as well. I have a larger chest than bottom and this way I can find sizes that fit both areas. I also have stretch marks from 3 huge babies so it covers my belly. I dread bathing suit shopping because I feel nothing looks right but its all in my own head. Good luck and congrats on your first day back !:happy:

Thank you SO much for the info!! Definitely time to explore these tankinis. :)