Let's Talk About Sex, Ba-by

Options

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    lol, I'll try to slip my HRM on before the Missus and I "go for the gold" next time. Although, the wrist monitor might be a dead give away. HA! Anyway, there is one thing that I don't EVER want to associate with exercise and fitness, and that's my sex life. I want that to be completely for pleasure. If I'm thinking about how many calories I'm burning while doing the nasty, and I ever admit that on here, just mail me a letter laced with anthrax or something, cuz I'm a lost cause!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Checking in on the heart monitor thing (See, we really must be family - closer than family because I would never discuss this with my family). I compared two activities with my heart monitor. 50 minute jog with hubby - 600 calories. 30 minutes of "intimate time" - 100 calories. Now, maybe I should have done the jogging second. :blushing: But that being shared, I understand a lot more why the sex doesn't rate high on calories. For me, it's more of an unwinding, relaxation thing.

Okay, now that I've embarassed myself totally by sharing WAY too much information.:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: I just thought I'd get back to you guys since I said I would.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    this question comes up pretty often, so dont be embarassed.
    you can save it here, just log it as aerobics and put down the calories you found on another website.
  • mandanroger08
    Options
    yeah sex was one of the first things i thought of looking up in the database. it wasn't there and i don't have a heart moniter. so which place where you using to figure your calories. i mean how will we know which is the most accurate?
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    lol, I'll try to slip my HRM on before the Missus and I "go for the gold" next time. Although, the wrist monitor might be a dead give away. HA! Anyway, there is one thing that I don't EVER want to associate with exercise and fitness, and that's my sex life. I want that to be completely for pleasure. If I'm thinking about how many calories I'm burning while doing the nasty, and I ever admit that on here, just mail me a letter laced with anthrax or something, cuz I'm a lost cause!

Okay, since Joe and I DID figure out how many calories I burned while doing the horizontal bop, just what are you trying to say about me?! Huh!!

That superman costume won't help you now!! You are so gonna get it!

Oh, and I am NOT a lost cause, just one curious person.

:blushing:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    It is so noce that you ladies have such supportive husbands willing to go that extra mile to help you.
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It is so noce that you ladies have such supportive husbands willing to go that extra mile to help you.

hahahaha :)

sex is definitely also about winding down and relaxation and it's not necessarily something you'd want to associate with fitness... it's not like I want to be like "Awwe come on honey, ONE more time, just a few more calories ok?" or anything haha and there's no way (based on last night) I'd even be able to think about fitness during, BUT it is good info to know because every little bit does count ;)

You know... if nothing else it *might* be nice to keep track of how often just so if I notice a decline I can point it out and tell my husband that we need to step it up a notch, it's been x days/hours/whatever since our last bedroom boogie ;) haha ok I'm joking there.

and iftcheiaf... you are SO full of awesome. Thanks for sharing!
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

You know... if nothing else it *might* be nice to keep track of how often just so if I notice a decline I can point it out and tell my husband that we need to step it up a notch, it's been x days/hours/whatever since our last bedroom boogie ;) haha ok I'm joking there.

I am sure he will notice..he is a man for crying outloud. That is all us knuckledraggers think about.
  • margothomas
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm up for the challenge. I've tried to get my husband walking with me, but that has not been too positive. But, I'm sure he'll be willing to help me with this challenge. I realize I'm a little bit late on this. But I have 6 more pounds to go to reach my goal weight. So, any help I can get is GREAT!! Plus, this is going to be a "SEXercise" that I'm going to enjoy!!!!!!! :wink: :tongue:
  • banks1850
    Options
    I'm gonna try to figure out a way to combine my Wii fit with Sex. LOL! the wife will love that one. Yoga Sex!!!!! YeeeeeeHaaaaawwwww!!!!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My hubby actually asked me where my heart monitor was once when we started to...well, you get the idea. Of course, since we have two kids and it's been a crazy summer, when the mood strikes and opportunity comes along all at the same moment for both individuals, i'm too scared to say "Hey, wait a minute, let me get my HRM". But it's definitely not out of the question on this end. Let you know what I find out..Excuse me, I have to go ... um... exercise.

Standing by for your HRM report!
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    me too!

and hehehe, margothomas, I love the term "SEXercise!"

I'm so using that word this evening.
  • margothomas
    Options
    pinktoque, you can use it all you want....HAVE FUN!
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm gonna try to figure out a way to combine my Wii fit with Sex. LOL! the wife will love that one. Yoga Sex!!!!! YeeeeeeHaaaaawwwww!!!!

Yoga Sex...now I'm crying laughing:laugh: :sad: ! Thanks Banks! We'll all be waiting to hear how that goes...LOL!
  • banks1850
    Options

Yoga Sex...now I'm crying laughing:laugh: :sad: ! Thanks Banks! We'll all be waiting to hear how that goes...LOL!

LOL, sadly the wife went to the gym before I even got home from work, so it doesn't look like tonight (THAT sounds familiar :tongue: ) Well, at least I can do the Wii part!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    So... :blushing:

I showed off myfitnesspal to my husband this evening because I'm so excited to be using it because it's such a fantastic tool. (I just joined yesterday.) We were talking about how many calories I had left to consume today and/or how many would be burned off after our walk (I was showing him how you could search for an activity and add it to your exercise log. )

He asked me how many calories we burn during sex. I know it's gotta be more than just a few -- I've actually read studies about it. But... well, it's not one of the built-in exercise options ... nothing came up when I searched for "sex." Do you consider sex as a calorie burner for your log?

Am I silly for asking this? What do you think about sex as far as calorie burning potential and/or adding it to your exercise log? My husband jokingly insisted on helping me burn as many calories as possible to help reach my weight loss goals if this were the case ;) haha

I did a little google search to try and find some answers (to share and get feedback), and here's what I've found:

*Vigorous Sex, based on a person weighing 140 pounds. ”...this activity burns approximately 102 calories per hour…” (source: thedailyplate.com)

*Between 68 and 102 calories, depending on if you just lay there or do the hard work (source: calorie-count.com)

*It has been estimated that having sex for a half hour burns approximately 150 to 200 calories and sometimes maybe as high as 350 calories if you are really active in bed. The calories burned during sex is roughly the equivalent of fast walking, jogging, or weight lifting for around thirty minutes. (source: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/calories-sex.shtml)

*A 130 lb person would burn approximately 124 calories during sexual intercourse. (source:
    http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi)

Thoughts? Perhaps this has come up before? What do you think?

(Laugh snort cough choke) My husband and I, well, I wore my heart rate monitor!!! I burn around 160 kc per hour if we do this for an hour. I burn waaaay more on the elliptical! Sigh. I'm still going for that extra few calories every few times I can. :laugh:

Anyone who dares to imagine me with just my hrm is going to get a sock on the arm!!

:laugh: :laugh: What a visual, Might have to try it . Hubby and I both have HRM!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options

LOL, sadly the wife went to the gym before I even got home from work, so it doesn't look like tonight (THAT sounds familiar :tongue: ) Well, at least I can do the Wii part!

:love: :love: :love: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I used to use fitday.com and it was in their exercise choices. I know my other half and I burn quite a few. :blushing: :laugh:

Ezzie I can relate, lol! I now think her HRM is a great piece of lingerie. And did someone mention Yoda Sex?!

* "Hmmmm...Stroke my green p***s, you will"
    * "Bend over and show me your dark side"
    * "F**k you with great force, I will."
    * "Sleep in the wet spot, I wont"
    * "The size of it matters not!"
    * "Feel the force, you will!"
  • amy7775
    amy7775 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm also new to the myfitnesspal. So I it should be counted as exercise because like some of us know it is a work out.:wink::happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My joining this site is making my hubby sooooooo happy.

More calories burned, anything for the cause!:smokin: