Spanx/Shapewear On The First Date?

Options
13»

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,277 Member
    Options
    Straight up false advertising if you ask me.

Would you consider makeup false advertising too?
    Yes, unless it's very minimal. False lashes, lip liner, brows drawn on, and so much foundation that it was applied with a trowel to cover up a bad complexion...anything to where you give one impression to attract someone then drastically alter your appearence by removing said items.

Mind, I'm talking about while dating, not everyday work and special occasions. Trowel and sausage away in that case.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    People should just be naked on first dates.

People should just be naked. Always.
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So is makeup and high heels.

Personally, and I may be the odd man out here, I've never been a fan of makeup.

It wouldn't suit you
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

:drinker: :drinker:
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,277 Member
    Options

It wouldn't suit you
    I'll send you some pics of him he sent me in drag. You'd be pleasently surprised.
  • Shimmysista
    Shimmysista Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i hate them AND i wear them :D Lost 70 pounds and have skin hanging everywhere! I dont care if its a first date or a grocery run! Im tucking this skin UP!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    like a chastity belt rigth?
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Spank you on the first date? Only if you reciprocate.

Okay :flowerforyou:
  • irleshay
    irleshay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just don't have a Bridget Jones granny panty moment when you're getting it on.

307c54cf-6a08-4332-bfa6-45b62d703c33_zpse4e8841d.jpg
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

:love: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

It wouldn't suit you
    I'll send you some pics of him he sent me in drag. You'd be pleasently surprised.

You're talking about the ones where I shaved my pits, right? I hope so. :laugh:
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    If by shapewear you mean a corset worn on the OUTSIDE as the icing on the cake, then, no...no false advertising...just advertising something a little *different* than a woman in ugly form shaping underwear.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that would get in the way of the undressing portion of the evening... I mean... I've tried wearing spanx before and it was like trying to stuff sausage... there can't possibly be anything sexy about having to take it off in front of someone?

There are always blindfolds I guess...

all of this is in the assumption, of course, that one does these sort of things on a first date...

I did it once. It was horrifying to struggle to take it off in front of him. There was no way I was going to let him see me try to put it back on (my shirt didn't fit over my fat rolls, so I had to borrow a sweatshirt).

Happened to me once with a girdle. I wasn't even overweight, but back then I thought curves meant fat.

So awkward! And there is just nothing nice about the smell after a woman has been sweating in a girdle for 5 hours. Almost as bad as gym socks.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    So awkward! And there is just nothing nice about the smell after a woman has been sweating in a girdle for 5 hours. Almost as bad as gym socks.

You think that's bad you should try an evening of dancing in a black rubber dress. The sweat runs down your legs.