New here! Need LOTS of support and motivation

Options
My name is Cassi, and I need to lose 100 pounds.
I have 2 kids and am a stay at home mom. Right now my boyfriend is out of work so he is also home all day. I hate working out in front of him, so I avoid it. I avoid it so much, that I just don't do it!

Can't go to a gym, and right now it's really cold out so walking outside isn't too likely.

I have found that the more people I have offering support and motivation, the easier it is. But I wen't through a bad depression at one point, and completely deleted MFP, and now I need to rebuild my support system! The depression is still there, but I'm trying, and I think this will really help!

I turn 21 this May, and HATE that I am sitting at the weight that I am.

HELP!

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    We're here for support. You can do this!
  • bmontano
    bmontano Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello Cassi, I have faith in you! What I do sometimes is I would go to my room or somewhere that is big enough and close the door and just workout for 30-60 mins when its too cold outside, or its too late to go our for a walk or jog. It really helps, especially if you don't want your boyfriend to look at you. Or you can also get a gym membership, you will still be in front of people, but they are all there because they know its good for them. Don't give up I know you can do it! :) add me if you would like some support and motivation.
  • cocopebbles
    Options
    Glad your back! Were here if you need anything.
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    Hello Cassi.......what a sweet pic!!

I used to feel the same way about working out in front of people, even my fiance, but I finally got over that. I would suggest exercising in a different room and close the door if you have one. It'll help keep out the distraction of your little ones as well, so you can focus on your workout.:smile:
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am here to support and motivate you as much as you need. I have my daughter that lives at home who is 24, a single mom and overweight and she doesn't like where she is at either. It is so easy to have the depression and feeling like you just can't do this but I am here to tell you that you can and so can all of us. Hang in there and have faith!!!
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    We're all here for you! I love MFP because it's so nice to have so many people who have been through similar experiences there for support!

If you're uncomfortable with working out in front of people, then I would suggest doing activities like cleaning! I've been recovering from a small medical procedure so I can't work out at the gym... I've been burning calories just by cleaning my house! If I do about 30 minutes of vigorous cleaning, I can burn 100+ calories. May not seem like much, but every little bit counts! And this way no one even needs to know you're trying to burn calories and your home will be spotless!
  • aysegul2
    Options
    I had the same problem. I did not want to work out at home because everyone at home was looking at me. But it is so convinient to work out at home. Once you start doing it, it will get easier to do it even when your boy friend looks at you. I also heard exercise helps for depression as well. So you need to convince yourself that you really need this to be a happy person and both your kids and boy friend will benefit from happy you. Good luck! You can add me as a friend and we can motivate each other.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • RheaIzar
    RheaIzar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's always better with the help of others trying to do the same thing. We're here for you!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    BUMPing before bed!
  • chwhalon
    Options
    Today, i danced and marched with my daughter to burn a few calories and also cleaned the house, u could also walk up n down the stairs...every lil bit helps
  • Bran7
    Bran7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I would love to be a MFP friend. I sent you an invite.:flowerforyou:
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I know motivation is a really great thing to have when losing weight. I felt the same way about exercising in front of my hubby but I know he loves me for who I am and when I feel insecure I workout in a different room or when he isn't home (send him out with the kids to go grocery shopping or something). I would love to help you and trade some tips with you. Send me a friend request if you would like! :happy:
  • dilemmadale86
    Options
    I've added you as a friend, MFP is amazing as a support system. We're all here for you and I believe you can do this!
    Emxx